Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 08:26 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,529,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
*SNIP*

If I test positive, and I stay home for 10 days, then it makes the people I usually come in contact with HEALTHIER.

Duh.
And if you just stay home if you're stick, you do the same exact thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 08:30 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You are the one who is uninformed. There is no herd immunity for this virus. I am not emotional at all, just realistic. This virus mutates.
And unlike smallpox and the measles, COVID can reside in non-human hosts, so even if every person on planet earth was fully vaccinated, we will never "shut down this virus," as Biden repeatedly lied during his campaign.

As a side note: Trump lies about silly things like how many jobs he created, or his inauguration crowd sizes, Biden lies that he can eradicate diseases. John Kerry and John Edwards lied during their campaign that if elected Christopher Reeves would get up and walk again. So lying about playing god is what dems do

Old 01-04-2022, 08:33 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And unlike smallpox and the measles, COVID can reside in non-human hosts, so even if every person on planet earth was fully vaccinated, we will never "shut down this virus," as Biden repeatedly lied during his campaign
Over 30 species have tested positive for covid...all mammals.

So this virus seems to easily jump from species to species who are mammals.

Is this a first in the history of "novel" viruses that it jumps to so many species in such a short time ?

Old 01-04-2022, 08:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I thought this thing was done?

Today we are at 1.5 million new cases worldwide.

The last peak in April was only 900,000

Cases are getting exponentially bigger. I mean what is happening? Are the figures being cooked? Is there more testing?

How many of these cases even have symptoms, and why is the death rate so low?

I think there is a plan to keep COVID a thing forever. Booster shots, masks, and lockdowns are a lifestyle for the elite, and they want to keep it that way. This thing was never going to be temporary.
The Delta variant emerged from the 1.4 billion unvaccinated in India. Delta is twice as contagious as the original virus and early variants.

Omnicron emerged from the 1,2 billion unvaccinated people in Africa. It is twice as contagious as Delta.

Vaccines did not provide immunity to variants that did not exist when developed, trialed or approved.

We have known since mid summer the efface of vaccines begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark. Only 25% of previously vaccinated have chosen to get a booster.

What vaccines are doing is reducing the likelihood of serious Covid.

In my state, 90% of those hospitalized with serious Covid right now are unvaccinated. The actual number is likely higher. People lie especially when they perceive they will not get the same level of care or just don’t want to hear about it.

There are now more treatments than existed in the past for those with serious symptoms.

There is no domestic or global plan to keep Covid in circulation.

Thus far the vaccination rate in the US has prevented a new variant from emerging in the US as it has in India and Africa. Who knows what’s commingled in Indonesia.

Anyone can post anything to social media and they do.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
We have known since mid summer the efface of vaccines begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark. Only 25% of previously vaccinated have chosen to get a booster. .
And Pfizer knew when they announced the vaccine with "protection up to 6 months".

Recent studies (not US based) show the vaccine wanes after 3 months just like the flu shot.
So those that ran out to get their 3rd shot in September are just as "unvaccinated" as those with no shots.
But those with shots still have that spiked protein circulating in their system.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Why are asymptomatic people getting tested?

If you have symptoms, stay home. You don't need a test to tell you that. Your mother told you to stay home if you are sick.

My sister was getting tested twice per day in mid December. She got a positive and a negative result from PCR tests on taken on the same day, different locations and labs.

She is now testing 3x a day. She created a spread sheet, date, time, location and lab.

She is thrice vaccinated, retired and has no health conditions or symptoms.

She has lost her mind.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
Testing blitz as well as a more contagious variant. Hospitalizations and deaths are not following suit though.
While vaccines are not preventing all infections they are preventing serious Covid in many people.

90% of serious Covid hospitalizations in my state are unvaccinated.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My sister was getting tested twice per day in mid December. She got a positive and a negative result from PCR tests on taken on the same day, different locations and labs.

She is now testing 3x a day. She created a spread sheet, date, time, location and lab.

She is thrice vaccinated, retired and has no health conditions or symptoms.

She has lost her mind.
She has a lot of company though. And there's a 20% chance of the test producing the wrong result (that is per the FDA).

Old 01-04-2022, 08:54 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Over 30 species have tested positive for covid...all mammals.

So this virus seems to easily jump from species to species who are mammals.

Is this a first in the history of "novel" viruses that it jumps to so many species in such a short time ?
Seems to be and also strange that a bat virus that didn't transmit to human all of a sudden does.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
People are getting required to show proof of a negative test regardless of symptoms or not just to go back to work.

Also required testing for flights. So yeah,..there is a Gigantic testing blitz. It's a captured audience.
The numbers are gonna skyrocket. Which, I guess, makes it a more accurate figure of positives.
Testing is not required for domestic flights. Nothing however prevents a domestic carrier from imposing tests.

Most countries require a negative test to allow entry. This includes the US and impacts returning travelers.
Several countries will not allow US passport holders to enter.
Some countries have banned all foreign entries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies