Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 03:12 AM

35,072 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
It looks like Biden's plan is going to be herd immunity after all. All those restrictions didn't work. Workers who refused the vaccine are being called back and the quarantine time has been reduced to 5 days. Omicron is milder than any other variant and we will probably be up to a 1,000,000 new infections a day in the U.S. for the month of January. The pleas to ditch those "fashion masks" and upgrade to N95s (which are super tight fighting and uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time) will make some people ditch the mask all together if they can't wear their fashion accessories. Biden's turning the power back to the states and even California and New York can't go back to lockdown and those vaccine passports aren't going to be feasible in the long run. So let's let it rip!
My doctor's nurse thinks we are going to a 100% positivity rate, but very few illnesses. Bring it on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2022, 04:21 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
My doctor's nurse thinks we are going to a 100% positivity rate, but very few illnesses. Bring it on!
I agree totally and I’ve stated that before.
The way this omicron is ripping thru the population, including the “vaccinated”, everyone will get it at some point. But, there’s also the question if it has been doing this all along.
Since day 1 there have been severe cases as well as people not even knowing they had the virus having little or mild symptoms. So, is it simply an illusion due to the ramped up testing apocalypse? Makes you wonder.

Old 01-08-2022, 04:32 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Biden... Fauci... Trump... China .... lockdowns .... masks...... friends who died before the vaccine...... friends who died after refusing vaccine...... shortages..

God, I cannot wait to get through this time in history.

Old 01-08-2022, 04:44 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Biden... Fauci... Trump... China .... lockdowns .... masks...... friends who died before the vaccine...... friends who died after refusing vaccine...... shortages..

God, I cannot wait to get through this time in history.
Good luck with that. It’s gonna be a minimum of 3 years.
The only saving grace would possibly be a Republican President.
They would be more likely to stop the nonsense, but it’s not guaranteed.

Old 01-08-2022, 05:29 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Wait till you work in health care taking care of COVID patients and have to wear a space suit of PPE and change out of it every time you have to pee and eat. Suddenly a simple face mask is not a problem.

Old 01-08-2022, 05:31 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I agree totally and I’ve stated that before.
The way this omicron is ripping thru the population, including the “vaccinated”, everyone will get it at some point. But, there’s also the question if it has been doing this all along.
Since day 1 there have been severe cases as well as people not even knowing they had the virus having little or mild symptoms. So, is it simply an illusion due to the ramped up testing apocalypse? Makes you wonder.
Didn't Biden imply that everyone will get it this winter and all the unvaccinated will be very sick and possibly die from it?

Yes, he did. https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/16/polit...ter/index.html

"We are looking at a winter of severe illness and death for the unvaccinated -- for themselves, their families and the hospitals they'll soon overwhelm. But there's good news: If you're vaccinated and you have your booster shot, you're protected from severe illness and death,"
the President added. (my italics)

I'll believe it when my husband and I and the other people I know who are not vaccinated get very, very sick. Not until then.

Meanwhile, I am very, very sick and tired of all this fear-mongering!

Old 01-08-2022, 06:02 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Joe Biden killed people. his August speech literally made people not get vaccinated and that killed people.
THEN he played down every version of therapeutics. that killed people. No mass murderer in US history has killed more people. NOW he is pulling infusions from being used. He is a killer.

Seems Biden has gone a long way in getting people to not take the vaccine.

One thing alone, forcing it, has the reverse effect of what he says he wanted.
When forced people tend to resist and do the opposite of what you are trying to force upon them.

As choice is removed you increase rebellion and that is exactly what Biden has dome.

Old 01-08-2022, 06:06 AM

366 posts, read 110,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
I hope it will be that easy: We all get Omicron -- some sniffles, -- it will displace Delta, and we are done with Covid.

But there is another, more ominous possibility, that all the vaccines and boosters will compromise our immune systems' virus-fighting abilities, as some Israeli scientists are warning. That would leave us exposed to the real Chinese Virus that's to be released later. Even worse (what could be worse?) would be any damage to our bodies these hastily approved "vaccines" will inflict. It sounds like some conspiracy theory, and I used to scoff at this kind of talk, but today I read an article in the WSJ, "Is Fluvoxamine the Covid Drug We’ve Been Waiting For?"
https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-fluv...0726605?page=1

If you hit a paywall, try Googling it.

The article is about a new drug, but there is this bombshell:
"There will be . . . newly authorized antiviral, molnupiravir, but patients may be reluctant to take the drug. Some scientists worry it could cause DNA mutations in people, though the FDA determined that the likelihood of this was low when used on a short-term basis."

What???

We've been warned by the antivaxxers that the vaccines would mess with our DNA, but here it is. If a drug can cause DNA mutations in people, what about the vaccines? I'm vaccinated, BTW, but this offhand mention of the sorcerer's apprentices on the loose sends shivers down my spine.
I feel for you, but I would venture to guess that most “covid anti vaxxers” are not traditional anti vaxxers, there was a special on a few years back and they interviewed many of those people...for the most part they were hippy types, likely liberals. This is different

Old 01-08-2022, 06:40 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Wait till you work in health care taking care of COVID patients and have to wear a space suit of PPE and change out of it every time you have to pee and eat. Suddenly a simple face mask is not a problem.
Ok, here's the deal. Pay me like I'm working in a COVID ward, and in return, I'll dress like it.

Otherwise, mind your own business!

Old 01-08-2022, 06:59 AM

995 posts, read 510,284 times
Why is everybody still making such a big deal of masks? Omicron laughs at those masks. This thing is so contagious that people have reported getting infected from another individual sitting six feet away outdoors - and get this - they were both wearing those N-95 masks. The ones that are supposed to stop the virus.

Time to give it up, folks. This is Katy-bar-the-door time. If you don't want to catch the omicron, you'd better be ready to bunker down for at least the next six weeks. if you've been boosted, please keep in mind that it wears off after just 10 weeks. It's time to admit that these vaccines just aren't cutting the mustard in terms of controlling spread.

Although I've been vaxxed and boosted, I'm not going to continue these series of shots. It'll be natural immunity warfare until such time they come up with a ~working~ vaccine - like the one they had for polio.

Seeing how Biden and the Dems are in deep water with the latest surge, I do think they're going to back down this spring and summer, since they're already pushing the narrative of "living with the virus." They might even drop the federal mask mandates this summer in a belated attempt to do an end-run around freedom-loving Republicans in line to unseat a bunch of Democrats in November.

We shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies