Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 07:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
But, but, BUT..........your body cannot fight covid if you don't get the vax and boosters!!!!!!
Gotta link to your theory?

Never heard that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 07:28 AM

So this year we broke travel records ---- even broke records prior to the virus.. We traveled more this holiday season (which started the week before Thanksgiving) than we had even in 2019 and y'all wonder how we are spreading the virus -- lol.

I know many people who got COVID last year and some this year.

I guess COVID is real right?

Old 01-03-2022, 07:31 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,588,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
A woman at work got Covid after her first vac. This was around the time the delta variant was discovered. My sister in law got Covid twice. She has not been vaccinated.

I also wonder how they know which variant. A guy at work got covid a few weeks ago and they didnt tell him which variant. No one I know has been told which variant.

Whichever one they feel will further the narrative. Last week the CDC jumped the gun and announced Omicron was 73% of new cases. That was because it fit with the fear of a new raging plague. Unfortunately the same day data showed that Omicron was very mild and you got it regardless of vaccination status. Screech! A quick change put Omi down in the 20% range. Not before monoiclonal therapeutics effective against the real 73% (Delta) were discontinued. Ooops.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:38 AM

36,597 posts, read 30,939,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Whichever one they feel will further the narrative. Last week the CDC jumped the gun and announced Omicron was 73% of new cases. That was because it fit with the fear of a new raging plague. Unfortunately the same day data showed that Omicron was very mild and you got it regardless of vaccination status. Screech! A quick change put Omi down in the 20% range. Not before monoiclonal therapeutics effective against the real 73% (Delta) were discontinued. Ooops.
And they wonder why most of us dont believe their crap anymore.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
What does your doctor say?

Old 01-03-2022, 07:41 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,243,106 times
Quote:
Sadly, the gullible Leftists believe them and want the government to force us all to follow their orders (mandates).

Another reason (among many) to vote against the Democrats.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:35 AM

6,390 posts, read 2,725,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
My dad who is 75 and has 3+ comorbidities, got 3 Morderna shots with his booster coming back in September.

Anyways, he got COVID last month (Delta) and nearly died from it.

It's my belief (and I could be wrong!) that if he didn't have those 3 Moderna shots he would be dead right now. It gave his body at least a chance to start fighting off the virus until they could give him steroids and the monoclonal antibody treatment.
It is good that your dad was able to make the decision to get the vaccines if he felt like it was in his best interest. But you also mentioned a generalization that seems to always pop up. What do you mean he "nearly" died from it? Was he admitted to the hospital due to complications, in the ICU, on a ventilator? Or did he just call up his doctor to get a few prescriptions?

Would he have died if he got COVID in August with only the two original shots? Would he have died if he wasn't vaccinated? Would he have gotten COVID if he wasn't vaccinated? I don't know, You don't know, your doctor doesn't know. That is a big part of the issue as well. Governments are trying to force as many people to get the vaccine as quickly as possible that it makes normal "science" that would actually be able to study this irrelevant. What we do know is that throughout COVID the overall survivability rate has been extremely high and relatively unchanged even with the higher vaccination rates.

If the best that can be said is that it possibly kept an older individual with multiple comorbidities from getting seriously ill. Is that really justification for all of the mandates and rules that are being forced upon people? This is what a lot of people have an issue with.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:36 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,672,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Gotta link to your theory?

Never heard that.
I am guessing that was sarcasm.

I did not contract Covid before the Vax but i did recently come down with Covid.. Probably the Omnicron variant... they didn't tell me what variant.. didn't really matter.

I was sick.. but would like to believe that the vaccination helped keep it somewhat mild. My son also had covid at the same time and his truly was mild... 1 day scratchy throat and he was fine.

I am totally against any vax mandates but think everyone should seriously consider getting the vaccine. I get the trust issue you have with the government and all but i don't think they would want to kill everyone.. having power does you no good if you don't have masses to power over...

Old 01-03-2022, 08:46 AM

36,597 posts, read 30,939,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What does your doctor say?
About the Covid vaccine. He is against it.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:48 AM

13,332 posts, read 7,368,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
98% of people who were unvaccinated and who got Covid also didn’t die.

The vaccine is a scam of epic proportions.
2% of 51 million people who tested positive is 1 million so were around 700k dead which would be about right between 1-2% death rate. That is really high death rate in 19 months. Covid is number 3 killer for 2021 under cancer and Heart Disease with a daily death rate of 1110. https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...ath-in-the-us/

Death rate between unvaccinated and vaccinated is 10 times as high the numbers don't lie.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/u...ntry=~All+ages
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies