Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 11:30 AM

1,735 posts, read 821,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
IMO, Omicron should not be considered COVID.

Omicron is a nasty cold virus, the molecule is very different from the original SARS-COV2, or the delta variant. Everyone has been catching Omicron, none of the vaccines do anything to stop it but then again it isn't hurting anyone that wasn't already on death's doorstep to begin with. This thing stays in your throat/nose and doesn't get into your lungs
Or at worst Covid 21, with separate data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 11:47 AM

2,367 posts, read 915,337 times
Right now the majority of covid cases are those who are vaccinated, because the majority of the population is vaccinated. But this is data they don't publish.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:00 PM

27,255 posts, read 15,425,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

CDC recently revised its projection of Omicron.
That's a nice way of saying their science was incorrect.
One more instance of them blowing their credibility in the public's eye.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:05 PM

18,474 posts, read 7,131,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I asked my Primary Doctor about getting vaccinated, given you could still get Covid, and his response?

But at least you won't die from it!

Your chances are about 1/2 of 1 %.

The same as being completely unvaxxed.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:06 PM

27,255 posts, read 15,425,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
You had a 99.95% chance of surviving Covid without a vaccine, how much really do you expect an experimental vaccine to improve those chances?

The average age of a covid death is still around 82 with 2 comorbidities

Look around the world at the countries with low uptake like Africa they are either no worse off or better off.

Countries with high vaccine uptake are only now starting to acknowledge the adverse effects that these vaccines bring and the vaccine damage is going to go on for years to come.

We might still be in the vocal minority but each day with more people waking up and less willing to roll the dice on endless boosters, we will soon be the overwhelming majority.
A common argument in favor of getting the vaccine is that the risk is small.

Makes one wonder how much that claim diminishes once you start pumping it in your body over and over again.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:07 PM

20,496 posts, read 12,432,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Let me summarize your experience
  • People at a Christmas gathering got COVID regardless of if they were vaccinated or not.
  • No one died or got seriously ill.
  • The 80-year-olds did "very" well

You then go on with the standard mantra of how the vaccinated have a higher rate of recovery and a greater chance of not having serious disease/death. Even though from your own account NO ONE(Vaccinated or not vaccinated) died or got seriously ill.

By the way, if they all survived without serious illness didn't everyone do "very" well?

I think your experience pretty much confirms this.
no you didnt summarize my experience. I DID.

you just restated what you wanted me to say to say what you wanted to HEAR. Thats being dishonest. dont be dishonest.

ALL non vaccinated people got it.
NOT ALL vaccinated people got it.
BUT I dont think there is a large difference bettween vax and non-vax in GETTING COVID.

The people VAXED had milder cases. ALL OF THEM EVEN THE OLD PEOPLE>
The unvaxed WERE SICKER.
Not dying isnt the only metric. don't be vapid.

AND AND AND

unvaccinated people DIE MORE. Thats a fact. Every person I know who has been hospitalized/died (and I know at least 20 in those 2 catagories) were unvaxed.

I still think the individual needs to determine what thier course should be. There should be no mandates and respecting each other (Those who chose to get vaccinated and those who choose not to) is the most important thing. we arent on different teams.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:12 PM

11,095 posts, read 6,041,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What is your evidence that covid death rate is inaccurate?
What is the evidence that covid death rate IS accurate? I'm not questioning you, I'm just sayin'.

I met a man who's daughter is a nurse working in a local hospital. Their instruction is to list all deaths as covid. A man came in having had a serious motocycle accident, from which he died. While lying in ICU with a broken back among other injuries, dying, he was tested for covid and found positive. His death was reported as a covid death.

To be fair, that is only one case that I know of. At the time there had been 44 reported covid deaths, including that one. So I think it is fair to be suspicious of the reported covid deaths.

Bear in mind that many folks (an unkown number) contract covid and are asymptomatic. This means that the actual number of covid cases is unknown and unknowable. That in turn means the actual mortality rate of covid is unknown and unknowable. But it is safe to say that it is lower than the reported rate.

Thing is, many covid hospitalizations are not. They are hospitalizations that are routinely tested for covid and come up positive. The asymptomatic.

That 90% un-vaxxed hospitalization figure is questionable. I can give an official covid hospitalization figure of 52% un-vaxxed. What does that make the remaining 48%? Well, some are fully vaxxed, some boosted, some partially vaxxed. But the point is, that's a long way off 90% unvaxxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Right now the majority of covid cases are those who are vaccinated, because the majority of the population is vaccinated. But this is data they don't publish.
Which gives one pause to wonder.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:16 PM

30,202 posts, read 18,779,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I don’t know what variant they have. Nobody I know is told that either. So how do they know?
Is it the Omicron variant that’s causing this? Is the vaccine causing it? Is the vaccine not working? Right now I know at least 10 people vaccine who have it. Some tested negative and then a few days later were positive. I know a few who had it twice after vaccinated or got it again after being vaccinated. What is the point of mandates when everyone is getting it anyways? Or are we just focusing on hospitalizations now?
Everybody I know is a fellow physician. The US must have hundreds of millions of physicians- that's why I can't understand the doctor shortage.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:17 PM

2,953 posts, read 998,476 times
Pretty sure my wife and I have it right now. Both vaxxed and boostered. Got off a cruise ship a week ago and two people out of ten in our party tested positive right afterwards. At the +4 day mark I started to feel crappy. Two days later my wife followed suit. Low fever, gastro-intestinal nastiness. I'd get a test just out of curiosity but you can't find them and I don't care enough to spend a day driving all over town looking. Wouldn't do anything with the information even if I could get it so why bother?

We got tested before going onboard and wore KN95s everywhere it was required on the ship. My takeaway is that unless you burrow underground like a scared rodent and ride out the next five years in a bunny suit eating roots and berries and taking in air through a straw, you are going to get it. I think we should all get used to that idea and get back to living. I don't understand the end-game of the hiders. Do they think they're going to outlast this and escape unscathed at some magical point in the future?

Old 01-03-2022, 12:25 PM

8,166 posts, read 3,145,149 times
Quote:
Many people I know who never had Covid got it after being vaccinated and or booster
Same goes for the flu shots that most individuals used to rush out and get every year. Over the past 25 or so years, I've had co-workers who rush out and get the flu shot because the media tells them they need to. And it never fails, the vast majority of them come down with the flu soon after they've gotten the shot and they miss a few days of work. Never fails. I don't think I've ever caught the flu over the same amount of time (25 or so years) and I never get the annual flu shot like the others do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies