Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 01:47 AM

585 posts, read 498,266 times

Advertisements

I don’t know what variant they have. Nobody I know is told that either. So how do they know?
Is it the Omicron variant that’s causing this? Is the vaccine causing it? Is the vaccine not working? Right now I know at least 10 people vaccine who have it. Some tested negative and then a few days later were positive. I know a few who had it twice after vaccinated or got it again after being vaccinated. What is the point of mandates when everyone is getting it anyways? Or are we just focusing on hospitalizations now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 02:00 AM

23,314 posts, read 29,176,318 times
I asked my Primary Doctor about getting vaccinated, given you could still get Covid, and his response?

But at least you won't die from it!

Old 01-03-2022, 05:28 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,388,171 times
My dad who is 75 and has 3+ comorbidities, got 3 Morderna shots with his booster coming back in September.

Anyways, he got COVID last month (Delta) and nearly died from it.

It's my belief (and I could be wrong!) that if he didn't have those 3 Moderna shots he would be dead right now. It gave his body at least a chance to start fighting off the virus until they could give him steroids and the monoclonal antibody treatment.

Old 01-03-2022, 05:41 AM

22,688 posts, read 24,703,153 times
But, but, BUT..........your body cannot fight covid if you don't get the vax and boosters!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2022, 05:43 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,993,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I don’t know what variant they have. Nobody I know is told that either. So how do they know?
Is it the Omicron variant that’s causing this? Is the vaccine causing it? Is the vaccine not working? Right now I know at least 10 people vaccine who have it. Some tested negative and then a few days later were positive. I know a few who had it twice after vaccinated or got it again after being vaccinated. What is the point of mandates when everyone is getting it anyways? Or are we just focusing on hospitalizations now?
If it's circulating, that's what they say you have.

No different than other strains of strep and flu. YOU won't get tested. They just assume.

I had a friend who had strep and could not get better. He finally saw a doctor that actually tested him for the strain of strep. He had a different strain than what was going around. Once he got the correct antibiotic, he finally got better. But he spent a month feeling like crap and took an antibiotic that didn't work because urgent care, where he went initially, refused to test for the strain.

Old 01-03-2022, 06:00 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,268,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I asked my Primary Doctor about getting vaccinated, given you could still get Covid, and his response?

98% of people who were unvaccinated and who got Covid also didn’t die.

The vaccine is a scam of epic proportions.

Old 01-03-2022, 06:02 AM

7,248 posts, read 4,584,489 times
Quote:
I don’t know what variant they have. Nobody I know is told that either. So how do they know? Is it the Omicron variant that’s causing this? Is the vaccine causing it? Is the vaccine not working? Right now I know at least 10 people vaccine who have it. Some tested negative and then a few days later were positive. I know a few who had it twice after vaccinated or got it again after being vaccinated. What is the point of mandates when everyone is getting it anyways? Or are we just focusing on hospitalizations now?
I have an immune issue where I get tested regularly and I have learned some basics about the immune system.

*Your body has a base amount of antibodies and if one goes up... another goes down.
*This is how is should be because too many antibodies can thicken the blood.
*You have several types of antibodies but IGM is the first out of the gate (and largest) and Igg is the final version. Igm is what goes out to fight the virus when it is first detected.
* When you get the vaccine - in the direct aftermath - your IGG is pushed higher at the expense of the other types.
* Your body is supposed to have the iGG go back to normal levels (even the seasons kind of hint of this, where you have the flu season followed by spring with less infections)
* But now we have a situation where people are getting vaccines every few months regardless of the season.
* Keeping the immune system in a state of perpetual IGG, at the cost of IGM.

So with low IGM all the time during the time viruses are at their worst.. people are more likely to get it. Though more likely not to get it seriously.

I know this because I was tested 4 days after vaccination and my IGM and WBC had dropped a lot. 4 months later - with no further injection - back to normal.

Most vaccinations for like the flu are done early in the season (September / October). IMHO because you need to let your body recover.

Old 01-03-2022, 06:06 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,813,926 times
Quote:
I’m seeing the same. It appears to be omicron based on symptoms. So many fully vaccinated and recently boosted people with covid. I also know of a couple who are unvaxxed. Honestly, their symptoms are the most mild but in all cases it seems to range from the mildest of colds to the flu.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:18 AM

36,791 posts, read 31,062,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Just like the other 99% of people who get Covid.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:25 AM

36,791 posts, read 31,062,836 times
Quote:
A woman at work got Covid after her first vac. This was around the time the delta variant was discovered. My sister in law got Covid twice. She has not been vaccinated.

I also wonder how they know which variant. A guy at work got covid a few weeks ago and they didnt tell him which variant. No one I know has been told which variant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies