Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 08:31 PM

162 posts, read 107,696 times

Advertisements

Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 08:34 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
14(?)% unemployment. Millions of closed small businesses. Other than that, absolutely nothing.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:41 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Unlimited QE and bailing out of the financial system that probably would have collapsed without covid, at least in the US. Now we basically have no debt limit and the Federal Reserve can buy unlimited amounts of bonds from the US government. The new normal is monetary debasement via debt monetization. I bet we are still counting covid cases 2 years from now, even if joe public has successfully fought off and ignored mask and vaccine mandates. The longer they drag this out, the more excuse they have to basically pass any spending bill they want.

We have the largest asset bubble in American history, the everything bubble, in all asset classes. Expect student loans to be wiped clean at some point. It's not a matter of if, just a matter of when. I'm surprised the democrats haven't done it already. All debt is fair game in our late stage capitalist system.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:50 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
We are just starting Year 3 of 15 YEARS to slow the spread, OP. Listen to any liberal pol, and that is clear.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:53 PM

4,503 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Unlimited QE and bailing out of the financial system that probably would have collapsed without covid, at least in the US. Now we basically have no debt limit and the Federal Reserve can buy unlimited amounts of bonds from the US government. The new normal is monetary debasement via debt monetization. I bet we are still counting covid cases 2 years from now, even if joe public has successfully fought off and ignored mask and vaccine mandates. The longer they drag this out, the more excuse they have to basically pass any spending bill they want.

We have the largest asset bubble in American history, the everything bubble, in all asset classes. Expect student loans to be wiped clean at some point. It's not a matter of if, just a matter of when. I'm surprised the democrats haven't done it already. All debt is fair game in our late stage capitalist system.
This 100000% plus the widespread adoption of mail-in voting.

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Showed us you can't find one decent leader anywhere in the world now

640 posts, read 448,879 times
Unfortunately, President Trump was hoodwinked by his health advisers, including you-know-who. He should have listened to his free-market people instead. Now the Republicans cannot claim that the Dems started the lockdowns -- the Republicans did.

In all truth, I suspect nobody knew then what was going on. That 15-day fiasco snowballed in part because the early CDC Covid tests had a 97% false-positive rate, and it seemed we were doomed unless some drastic measures were taken.
See my earlier thread:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...ded-false.html

Old 01-03-2022, 08:56 PM

162 posts, read 107,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
Unfortunately, President Trump was hoodwinked by his health advisers, including you-know-who. He should have listened to his free-market people instead. Now the Republicans cannot claim that the Dems started the lockdowns -- the Republicans did.

In all truth, I suspect nobody knew then what was going on. That 15-day fiasco snowballed in part because the early CDC Covid tests had a 97% false-positive rate, and it seemed we were doomed unless some drastic measures were taken.
See my earlier thread:
What's the false-positive rate today?

Old 01-03-2022, 08:59 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post

See my earlier thread:
The main issue initially is that covid was ripping through nursing homes killing the elderly at high numbers, even though number of total cases was relatively low back then. The data is there showing the excess fatality rates over prior years.

That said the response was handled all wrong. Trump should not have listened to democrats, he should have selectively targeted the high risk population, but he didn't know any better, and plus there was political pressure from the swamp who saw dollar signs from using this crisis to get the unlimited QE cheat codes established. Piggies wanted their financial system bailout. Oink oink.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M1SL

Old 01-03-2022, 09:22 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Proved a power grab was possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies