Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 12:34 PM

702 posts, read 443,286 times

Advertisements

she is an idiot as is anyone who supports her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 12:36 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The Left will always smear and attack every strong, outspoken conservative that they fear the most.
The pertinent term is being "over target"

Old 01-06-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I used to live in Georgia. I actually lived in one of the counties that is in her district. If I still lived there, I could not see myself benefiting from her being in office. No one has been able to show me what I'd get from it.
Does her having a wacky opinion on blacks and confederates make her racist in a way that would bring prejudice upon you? She seems to be an advocate for all the Georgians in her district

She is pro small business and working class and anti-regulation / big government, She is especially against offshoring US human resources

Old 01-06-2022, 12:46 PM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Does her having a wacky opinion on blacks and confederates make her racist in a way that would bring prejudice upon you? She seems to be an advocate for all the Georgians in her district

She is pro small business and working class and anti-regulation / big government, She is especially against offshoring US human resources
Who can't agree with her on these things ? Does she say some stupid things, apparently from what the media has reported , she has. Name one politician that hasn't, though.

Old 01-06-2022, 12:49 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
I'm not sure if MTG and AOC are comparable. AOC is an ideologue with a far left policy agenda. Its hard to find much tangible she has accomplished. But she at least has specific (if illdefined and unworkable) policy goals. MTG is troll who likes saying shocking things to raise money and build her profile. It maybe a rational strategy for seeking fame/fortune. But, I'm not really sure what her policy agenda is?
Right. AOC may have some far-left policy ideas. You can say that she is a little whacko for that. But as far as I know she does not profess to believe in things that are objectively untrue. She could say that Israel is an evil, fascist state, and I would disagree. But it is simply her opinion.

MTG, on the other hand, claims that Trump won, that Obama is a Muslim, that Sandy Hook and other school shootings were staged. These are not opinions; these are demonstrably false statements. Do you think she really believes this tripe or does she know they are untrue but just repeats them for fame and fortune?

Old 01-06-2022, 12:57 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Who can't agree with her on these things ? Does she say some stupid things, apparently from what the media has reported , she has. Name one politician that hasn't, though.
I can name more than one:

Marco Rubio has never claimed that the Florida school shootings were a "false flag" attack staged by liberals.
Joe Biden has never claimed that the 911 attack on the Pentagon was staged.
Mike Pence never said that California forest fires were started by Jewish Space Lasers.
Chris Christie never said that prominent Democrats are running a satanic child sex ring
Cory Booker never said that the Las Vegas mass shooting was orchestrated by the government.

Old 01-06-2022, 01:08 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganderTexan View Post
she is an idiot as is anyone who supports her
Yeah no. Sorry you feel that way. MTG at least has some guts. She rocks!

Old 01-06-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
MTG, on the other hand, claims that Trump won, that Obama is a Muslim, that Sandy Hook and other school shootings were staged. These are not opinions; these are demonstrably false statements. Do you think she really believes this tripe or does she know they are untrue but just repeats them for fame and fortune?
Even if these were things that were true or in proper context, it does not take away the populist benefits she brings to the table.

We are trying to move into an era where people finally understand that a purity test for politicians is completely impossible and just breeds liars. It's ok for politicians to have weird ideas, it's what they implement that counts

Old 01-06-2022, 01:11 PM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I can name more than one:

Marco Rubio has never claimed that the Florida school shootings were a "false flag" attack staged by liberals.
Joe Biden has never claimed that the 911 attack on the Pentagon was staged.
Mike Pence never said that California forest fires were started by Jewish Space Lasers.
Chris Christie never said that prominent Democrats are running a satanic child sex ring
Cory Booker never said that the Las Vegas mass shooting was orchestrated by the government.
Your point ? As I've already stated, she has said some stupid ****.

Old 01-06-2022, 01:11 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,233,652 times
She would only lose in a Primary, it's a Republican locked seat.
Suprised anyone would act like she was at risk without a big-time primary opponent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies