Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 04:31 PM

22,667 posts, read 24,639,634 times

Advertisements

Boratcountry, LOL, nope.............please USA, do not get involved in any way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 04:46 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,610,366 times
I don’t know much about the politics there. I know there are a lot of expats in Almaty and a few years ago they had a marketing kick to invest in land there. It’s predominantly muslim. I don’t think what’s going on there is our business. The former Russian provinces are still a mess after 30 years.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 01-09-2022, 05:08 PM

15,874 posts, read 6,577,232 times
It's unclear whether Biden had anything to do with this. It appears to be internal unrest that has been festering for at least a decade. The Russian movement of troops into Kazakhstan could end up backfiring though if things go south.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:15 PM

26,828 posts, read 22,606,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's unclear whether Biden had anything to do with this. It appears to be internal unrest that has been festering for at least a decade. The Russian movement of troops into Kazakhstan could end up backfiring though if things go south.

No it won't.

Kazakhstan is part of the ODKB, so it's not just Russians that move their troops there; it's the Uzbeks, Belorussians and Armenians too.

They will be just guarding the government buildings, and let the local Kazakh law enforcement handle the rest.

No one is interested to shoot the locals for obvious reasons.

But at the same time it will help to deescalate the situation and to take care of the Islamic radicals, that are definitely involved in the event.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:29 PM

2,367 posts, read 911,645 times
Pretty obvious the protests are orchestrated by outside forces to bring about a color revolution. Russia suspects the west. But no matter, CSTO will move in to control the situation. I hope the culprits are not the US, Ukraine and Turkey. Erdogan wants to bring back the Ottoman empire and we should not help him. If we help Turkey against Russia, one day it will backfire on us.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:40 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,843,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yeah, sure--like we're going to get into a nuclear exchange with Russia over Kazakhstan. You think Putin would be stupid enough to try to get nuclear bases into Cuba? I know Kruschev tried it, but see how far he got with that. At the end of the day Putin knows where our back yard is and we should know where Russia's backyard is. Personally, I think Biden and Putin should get together and divide up the world between them.
That should be interesting. Who gets China?

Old 01-09-2022, 05:55 PM

26,554 posts, read 15,122,902 times
Quote:
Fair, but Russia thinks Biden is acting like Obama and trying to topple their allies' governments.

P.S. a guy that was just arrested for being a ring leader of treason in Kazakhstan was 1) described by Hunter Biden as a close friend, 2) was a figure in a 7 figure deal with Hunter Biden, and 3) is in photographs with Joe and Hunter Biden both.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...s-hunter-biden

Old 01-09-2022, 06:06 PM

19,077 posts, read 27,661,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So the US is trying to establish a dictatorship there now? I wouldn't be surprised. We've gone to hell, so why not export our fire and brimstone and share the joy.

I guess one big question is that if other nations want our Woke-ism in their borders. Not that it would matter to us... woke-ism is a particularly evil form of tyranny and we don't care who wants it or doesn't. They'll get it anyway. Sound about right, lefties?

US has none to do with it.
It's not their sphere of influence. Historically, it was Brits.

US and Russia have their red lines established starting Geneva meeting last year.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:45 PM

26,828 posts, read 22,606,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Fair, but Russia thinks Biden is acting like Obama and trying to topple their allies' governments.

P.S. a guy that was just arrested for being a ring leader of treason in Kazakhstan was 1) described by Hunter Biden as a close friend, 2) was a figure in a 7 figure deal with Hunter Biden, and 3) is in photographs with Joe and Hunter Biden both.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...s-hunter-biden

What, Hunter Biden is involved again ( as in case with Ukraine?)
Sticky fingers all over the place, ties with the most corrupt entities over there ( former Soviet space.)

Where else are we going to discover his trail, the more things are progressing?

P.S. Yes, Massimov is the name of the guy that was arrested on suspicion of being involved in this attempted coup d'etat.

They mentioned that on Russian news, but I couldn't recall his name right away.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:38 PM

1,503 posts, read 609,221 times
Quote:
I watched videos of this "unrest". They have all (and I mean, ALL) specific points from color revolutions script. The only exception is that this time script was executed at a very high speed - like organizers were really in a hurry. And the only reason to be in a hurry that comes to mind - upcoming negotiations Russia/US (well, officially it's Russia/NATO, but we all know that NATO=US), to weaken Russia position by giving her another hot spot at the border. Alas, it didn't work - CIA is loosing competence pretty quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies