Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 08:34 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

I would hope that no company would be asking people with Covid to go to work anyway, that would be dumb.

The largest issue right now is healthcare workers testing positive, some hospitals are asking them to work if they are not showing symptoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 08:41 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would hope that no company would be asking people with Covid to go to work anyway, that would be dumb.

The largest issue right now is healthcare workers testing positive, some hospitals are asking them to work if they are not showing symptoms.
assuming this is true, a couple of things ....

Are they not working in Covid care - ie among patients who have tested positive?

Do you think maybe they know something about asymptomatic transmission or lack thereof? Maybe?

Old 01-10-2022, 08:43 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:

Hospitals are asking them to come in even with mild symptoms.

The same hospitals who fired unvaxxed workers.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:46 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
A friend of mine, a cashier who works at the largest grocery chain in Florida, told me that she is expected to report to work even if she has cold or flu symptoms and was told by management not to tell anyone!
There's a lot of so-called "plausible deniability" that goes on among large employers. People's way of skirting around government regulations and laws people know are stupid. Sometmes it can be a good thing sometimes it can be a bad thing. Where I work we get 10 days off using sick pay if we get symptomatic covid. It's a real pain because there's this struggle to have to cover the missing people because all our machines are specialized machines where only certain people are trained.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:47 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Too much unwarranted fear is controlling people and the nation over this. Quit fearing that coming down with COVID-19 will make you so sick that you will have to go to the hospital, because quite likely that won't be the case. My friend in her early 60s only said it was mainly the headaches from being sick with it and was back to work in a week. The only people who should be concerned over covid are mainly unhealthy retired people with already one foot in the grave.

Hopefully, the Supreme Court will also see too much senseless fear mainly caused by the government and the media saying amen to the government is going on and will deny Biden's covid vaccine mandate.
Unless it’s you and one of the ones gets really sick. Let people listen to the warnings ! I’m in Hurricane country and we lose lives because they won’t leave or heed the warnings. Some just have a Death wish, and mostly for others.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:58 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:

I posted a thread last night that some are now asking those that are positive AND symptomatic to work.

Arizona hospital's 'staffing crisis' means COVID-positive, symptomatic employees permitted to work

https://www.foxnews.com/us/covid-pos...ntinue-working

COVID positive staff who are improving, mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic do not require isolation but are required to wear N95 masks for up to 10 days of positive symptoms or testing. These measures are supported by the CDC.
https://www.abc15.com/news/coronavir...-and-hospitals

What will it be next, severely ill allowed to work?
Bet they wish they had some uninfected non=vaccinated to staff right about now.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:58 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Hospitals are asking them to come in even with mild symptoms.

The same hospitals who fired unvaxxed workers.
I don’t believe that for a second. I know 2 ER nurses n two hospital pharmacists.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:09 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Meh. Everyone is going to get Omicron, have a case of the sniffles, and for the vast, vast majority of people make a full, rapid recovery. And finally have actual immunity to Covid. We can stop the FUD-packing any time now.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:59 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Keep an eye on hospitalizations and deaths. That is what the threat has been the entire time....overwhelming the health care system. Right now both are rising and hopefully they won't reflect the degree of the delta wave. If large areas of the country start running out of hospital beds expect shutdowns.....and alot of finger pointing.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:04 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don’t believe that for a second. I know 2 ER nurses n two hospital pharmacists.
The CDC updated it’s guidelines a week or two ago. This is true.
https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/co...dc-guidelines/

Quote:
Under contingency guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, healthcare workers are allowed to be at work with minor cold-like symptoms. If they test positive for COVID, they can return to work with mild symptoms (free of fever) after a five-day isolation period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies