Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 08:49 AM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Israel reopened its borders to tourists about a week ago.

Israel scientists were the first to identify the efficacy of vaccines begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark.

The waning efficacy of vaccines versus the contagiousness of the Delta and now Omicron variants is not a good combination.

The booster shot mitigates the progression of the Delta and Omicron infection to serious Covid.

The vaccines targeted the original virus. Delta subsequently emerged from the 1.4 billion unvaccinated people in India. Then Omicron emerged from the 1.2 billion unvaccinated people in Africa. Delta is twice as contagious as the original virus. Omicron is twice as contagious as Delta.

And here we are.

Question: and how fatal is Omicron vs Delta?

Thank you, unvaccinated in Africa, for mulching through Delta and naturally producing highly contagious, BUT MINORLY FATAL virus variant.
Which could have been accomplished about a year ago, if it was all let run its natural course, as it did in Africa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 08:50 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
According to worldometer: covid ...
  • Israel cases per million: 184, 322
  • USA cases per million: 198, 243

• Israel deaths per million: 890
  • USA deaths per million: 2611

Similar case numbers, but higher death rate in the USA. Is that due to better health care in Israel, or lower covid death rate due to vaccination?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
USA obesity rate is 36% Israel is 26% so there's why

Old 01-15-2022, 08:52 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
40% of the country is experiencing covid, borders have been completely shut down for 6 weeks now.

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-e...t-wave-says-pm
The vaccines don't work on Omicron. Because of the high vaccination rate they are taking more risks and getting Omicron. A false sense of security is bringing more covid.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:53 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Israel has a high vaccination rate and a low death rate, its not rocket science!

Old 01-15-2022, 08:55 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
According to worldometer: covid ...
  • Israel cases per million: 184, 322
  • USA cases per million: 198, 243
  • Israel deaths per million: 890
  • USA deaths per million: 2611

Similar case numbers, but higher death rate in the USA. Is that due to better health care in Israel, or lower covid death rate due to vaccination?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Our government entities are withholding treatments from those that get covid. They just say get vaccinated and no therapeutics are talked about. This is why we have a HUGE DEATH RATE.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:19 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Israel reopened its borders to tourists about a week ago.
But non-Israeli citizens must be vaccinated as well as tested to enter.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:35 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
It looks to me that the shot they are giving us for Covid, and I'm loathe to call it a vaccine now, is useless unless you have a compromised immune system.

I read where it is possible the shot itself is furthering the mutation of the virus. I don't know if this is true but it is an interesting hypothesis.

How do we know this genetic treatment doesn't ultimately ruin the body's immune system? Right now, we don't know.

Old 01-16-2022, 11:16 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
It looks to me that the shot they are giving us for Covid, and I'm loathe to call it a vaccine now, is useless unless you have a compromised immune system.

I read where it is possible the shot itself is furthering the mutation of the virus. I don't know if this is true but it is an interesting hypothesis.

How do we know this genetic treatment doesn't ultimately ruin the body's immune system? Right now, we don't know.
Unless you got the J&J (not available in Israel) vaccine which isn't a mRNA one.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:15 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Israel has a high vaccination rate and a low death rate, its not rocket science!
However, one does need a certain level of cognitive skills to comprehend this.

Old 01-17-2022, 03:03 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
You are a broken record of bull****. Vaccines were reportedly 95% effective in preventing infection. That is clearly false. Vaccines may lessen the severity of disease in those more vulnerable to COVID but so does viral evolution. See smallpox.

Omicron is the evolution from a virus with a 1.7% mortality rate (heavily influenced by comorbidities) to a predominant variant that has a mortality rate less than the flu.

Current vaccines, as they have been sold to the world, have been a failure.
Flu vaccines are typically about 60-70% effective, but those of us at high risk of the flu get them anyway. Before I started getting vaccinated, I caught the flu every year. Now it's been 20+ years since I've had it.

I am currently in a school with high school kids and teachers who are dropping like flies, daily, with Covid positivity. I have had 3 Moderna shots and test negative week after week. I believe they work for me.

If you don't believe they work, don't get them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies