Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 09:29 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,581,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
And now she has covid lol
Hopefully, it will be a severe case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 09:50 AM

4,659 posts, read 3,278,320 times
Chicago South Sider,

NOW I have to say an extra prayer for YOU!! lol

You know as a martial artist, we can not wish negativity on others. It disrupts that universe power that can come back and affect us, in response.

I want you to say 10 "Our Fathers" and 5 sets of 10 vertical push-ups on your knuckles!

Old 01-12-2022, 10:08 AM

4,659 posts, read 3,278,320 times
Good day all.

I don't know... Some places in Milwaukee also have a Vaccination Card rule to dine in. That's on them. They have their right to do it too, if they want... Best to them!... Lake county does NOT have the mandate, but apparently Highland Park is doing it, anyways!

But honestly, there are establishments in Chicago, and in Cook County that are going to take their chances and allow ALL clientele in to dine.

Stay safe, healthy, and happy, everyone!

Old 01-12-2022, 11:57 AM

249 posts, read 183,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
The cloak of righteousness is illusory. The reason the Democrats are pushing this is because they think it will get them more votes. I guarantee you if the undocumented and unmotivated were voting for Republicans, they would be all over voter ID and in-person voting requirements, to maintain the sanctity of the process and all. Always look for the man behind the curtain, to borrow from the Wizard of Oz.
You think the undocumented and the unmotivated have voted for Democrats? Citation needed, preferably not some wacky Qanon site or "my cousin's neighbor is undocumented"

Old 01-12-2022, 12:34 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,474,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
You think the undocumented and the unmotivated have voted for Democrats? Citation needed, preferably not some wacky Qanon site or "my cousin's neighbor is undocumented"
Yup. Here you go...

https://www.cookcountyclerkil.gov/election-results

Old 01-12-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
There are residents that are against gentrification as well. It really is sad. Then there are folks with other plans:

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/12...reet-corridor/
Living in Little Village I have some experience with this. Usually, most of the anti-gentrification activists are from outside of the community. They will try to get some community members to glom onto their cause, typically the small activists groups based here. But the protests themselves are generally organized by social justice warriors from outside the area, who are terribly concerned that we might get a coffee shop, a bike trail, or something other than a discount mall.

As do the second part of your post, as I said, always pay attention to the man behind the curtain. Anti gentrification activists can be used as useful idiots by people with other plans.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Nothing in your link shows any proof that undocumented or the unmotivated voted for Democrats.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Nothing in your link shows any proof that undocumented or the unmotivated voted for Democrats.
But it does, lol!

Old 01-12-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
But it does, lol!
Why not post the exact page and the text that says it then instead of the generic home page that has no specific info?

Last edited by Don Cuccino; 01-12-2022 at 01:25 PM..

Old 01-12-2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Why not post the exact page and the text that says it then instead of the generic home page?
Oh boy. You might want to start by looking at precincts where large numbers of undocumented individuals reside, and those where there's very low voter participation. I think then you will see that all of those precincts vote Democrat by at least 75%.

So it follows that if you could increase participation in those precincts by allowing mail in balloting (where activists can go door to door and collect them) or by eliminating identification requirements, then you will get a lot of extra democratic votes, by a 3 out of 4 margin.

You can get as cute with this as you want to, but many people know the truth. The Democratic Party's motivation for pushing for federal voting laws has nothing to do with ensuring voter fairness. And if you think that, I really do feel bad for you.

Last edited by BRU67; 01-12-2022 at 01:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies