Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 07:23 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,492,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I don't see liberals defending this. I see them being rather vocal calling for stock trading by members of Congress to be prohibited.
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 07:24 AM

1,175 posts, read 553,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The Left will defend this by downplaying it. If it was a Republican that was doing what Pelosi did, they would amplify it and the media would make sure it would be front page, top story, scandal headline grabbing outrage.

That’s how the Left influences the public and they do it quite well, too.
Yup. Ripping pages right out of the book of the best- goebbels

Old 01-11-2022, 07:24 AM

7,970 posts, read 3,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Really? I must have missed that one.
Quote:
The Left will defend this by downplaying it. If it was a Republican that was doing what Pelosi did, they would amplify it and the media would make sure it would be front page, top story, scandal headline grabbing outrage.

That’s how the Left influences the public and they do it quite well, too.
If we ever want to see congress do something about insider trading it's going to have to be a republican who gets caught doing it. They are not going to turn on their own. Maybe if Joe Manchin got caught doing it, but not any of the others. Actually if Manchin got caught they'd just use it to pressure him in to supporting the infrastructure bill. Let's pray he hasn't got caught up in this sort of thing!

Old 01-11-2022, 07:27 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,244,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The liberals defense:

"But Trump" "But Trump" "But Trump"

They really can't help themselves.

Hillary Clinton has been Crooked Hillary since the late 70's when she cashed in $100k on a cattle futures trade. That was insider trading because there's no way a novice makes that kind of money on their first trade. No chance.
If it was Trump or any of his family members (except Mary Trump his Leftist sister), oh my goodness, the outrage from the Left would be deafening.

It would be investigations and prosecutions from now until eternity. Look at how the Democrats are still trying to investigate Trump searching for any shred of crime so they can “get him.”

Old 01-11-2022, 07:28 AM

2,701 posts, read 1,207,941 times
Default fire her!

They should fire her from her job as speaker and remove her from all political position. She should be in prison as anyone else most likely would be. This is why they keep bringing up Trump. They do this to keep the public's mind off them and what they are doing. I have no doubt she is paying off the media to ignore what she and her husband are doing. Making a law to make it illegal will do nothing they all do what they want anyway.

The only reason the attempt have a Trump impeachment was to get everyone focused on that so no one would notice Hillary was being brought to court for her charges. They had to cover up the Hillary trial so she could pay off whomever needed to get her free of charges and prison time. I doubt anyone even noticed that because the media was all about the impeachment sham.

Now they go after him for the Jan 6 protest that turned into a riot. those people are Americans' who should and likely do know better. blaming trump yet again when they are adults, Americans' who know their own laws and democracy the democrats and media once again get everyone distracted by going after Trump again. Don't ever tell me illegals don't belong here when we have Americans behaving worse. Hillary, Pelosi and those idiots at the Jan 6 riot all know better and are Americans.

I doubt any Democratic voter or politician can excuse what Pelosi did but then look how they voted in Biden after using his own son to take back aid the taxpayers paid to Ukraine. He approved the aid on the condition he gets kickback. It's like having a municipality pay for contractor's services on the condition that the politicians who approve the funding get kickback in their pockets as a bonus for hiring such and such Company. I believe it's, maybe I'm wrong, dare I say, money laundering.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:29 AM

13,652 posts, read 4,962,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Nancy Pelosi and her husband have made over $300 million on stock trades using insider information obtained from her role as Speaker of the House.

This has become so open and blatantly obvious that Nancy and her husband no longer "waste their time" on simply trading stocks. In order to multiply their loot, they simply trade naked call options, not the stocks. Naked call options are about as close to gambling as one can get...................................... unless you know in advance information that will move a stock higher.

So..................... with Pelosi obviously ripping off the nation (not quite as bad as Biden and the Clintons selling information to foreign governments), how can liberals defend her actions and suggest that she go unpunished for her corruption? Do democrats EVER CARE about democrat corruption? If Nixon was a democrat, there is no way in hell he would have faced the possibility of impeachment, as the dems would have covered for him.
I don't defend it. Why do you assume that "Libs" want to defend her on this? I assume that you stand with Elizabeth Warren and AOC on this matter?

"Other supporters of bipartisan legislation to ban Pelosi-style trading by members of Congress include progressives like Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), as well as Republicans like Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) and Arizona Senate candidate Blake Masters."

https://nypost.com/2022/01/07/nancy-...sional-trades/

(note that the alleged amount is $30 million, not $300 million)

Old 01-11-2022, 07:29 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,136,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
yes. they ignore when a democrat does something and scream about it incessantly when a republican does. the party that carea.
If you will review the publicized exposure of the 52 house and senate members who have ignored the law you will see the party distribution is about evenly split.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:35 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,244,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I don't see liberals defending this. I see them being rather vocal calling for stock trading by members of Congress to be prohibited.
So in other words, shifting the focus from Pelosi and onto Congress instead. Classic deflection tactic. Democrats are sly.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:39 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,492,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If you will review the publicized exposure of the 52 house and senate members who have ignored the law you will see the party distribution is about evenly split.
Exactly....wasn't that long ago the focus was on Rs who did this. The key is to disallow MOC from trading.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:40 AM

17,346 posts, read 12,301,200 times
Quote:
So in other words, shifting the focus from Pelosi and onto Congress instead. Classic deflection tactic. Democrats are sly.
No, as I said has been something going on for years.

The sly part is taking something like this and using it as a dividing point like you are. Rather than recognizing that hey maybe some folks on both sides want to end this. The corruption/money/power involved will never be overcome if we don't unite around it rather than peck at each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies