Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 06:00 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times

Advertisements

California wants to implement single payer health care, now I thought we pay for health care for illegals now, whether is kid medicaid for their offspring or emergency room visits. If you start from the premise that they already get free health care and in its most expensive form (ER visits), why would a solution to health care cost not include them?, its a sunk cost, and not taking care of that LARGE ( I been told) segment of the population would leave a huge blindspot in the solution set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 08:03 PM

62,888 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
California wants to implement single payer health care, now I thought we pay for health care for illegals now, whether is kid medicaid for their offspring or emergency room visits. If you start from the premise that they already get free health care and in its most expensive form (ER visits), why would a solution to health care cost not include them?, its a sunk cost, and not taking care of that LARGE ( I been told) segment of the population would leave a huge blindspot in the solution set.
Because they have no right to be in this country, that's why! Make everyone prove they are a citizen or legal immigrant in our country in order to get Healthcare Ins. If they can't get it because they are here illegally maybe they'll leave. Yes, we have to give them ER care but they should have to prove they are here legally after getting care or the authorities will be called to pick them up. It wouldn't take many times to do that before many if not most would leave the country because of it.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:54 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
He always want CA to manufacture its own insulin because the prices are too high, and still won't cut his train to nowhere.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:55 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
How much larger do you think it would get if healthcare in CA was FREE? And to go a step further, try to explain what KIND of healthcare we'd be looking at. Hint: it's not your current healthcare

Old 01-11-2022, 08:56 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,658,483 times
Can't fix stupid.

Old 01-11-2022, 10:30 PM

13,245 posts, read 7,295,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Golden State is considering doubling taxes in an effort to fund universal healthcare for all residents in California. That would increase taxes by $12,250 per household, crushing state taxpayers even more in the name of progressive equity while covering the expenses of those who are not legally in the United States. The move would surely cause another mass exodus from the state.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/01...cumNLZ_-QFnZj0

We Calif. residents tried to get that idiot recalled but alas there are far too many liberals in this state that stopped it.
No you ran the wrong person against Newsom California never going to elect a right wing radio talk show host who had no record sounded like Trump when he spoke. Someone like Pete Wilson, Gray Davis type could beat Newsom. Everyone here call them Rino's, or Davis was a liberal they were moderate that is who can beat Newsom.

Old 01-11-2022, 10:34 PM

25,705 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Somebody needs to pull a "Jimmy Hoffa" on that idiot.

Old 01-11-2022, 10:37 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,191,694 times
I’m convinced they want to collapse the nation

Old 01-11-2022, 10:52 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,178,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
What's scary is that Newsom can beat Trump in 2024. That's because the media promotes Democrats the same way studios promote movie stars. If even old bumbling Biden can beat an incumbent Trump, then Newsom can beat a previously ousted Trump.

Rumors I've heard: Newsom will not run for CA governor again. He will accept a post in Biden's cabinet where he will be groomed for 2024.
The families that rule California have plans for Newsom. I heard that Feinstein is on her last legs. Pelosi will replace her with Newsom. People with a lot of money and power want Newsom to be President but he’s just so unpopular outside Ca I don’t think it’ll work

Old 01-11-2022, 11:00 PM

1,344 posts, read 473,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because they have no right to be in this country, that's why! Make everyone prove they are a citizen or legal immigrant in our country in order to get Healthcare Ins. If they can't get it because they are here illegally maybe they'll leave. Yes, we have to give them ER care but they should have to prove they are here legally after getting care or the authorities will be called to pick them up. It wouldn't take many times to do that before many if not most would leave the country because of it.
Is there any way to have countries of origin pay for this? You know things like withholding payments to family members in those countries, tariffs levied on imports from those countries, aid withheld, ect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies