Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 12:03 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,340 times

Advertisements

The swamp is full yet again. Drain it and push for term limits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 06:42 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Vice President Kamala Harris blasted Republicans’ use of the filibuster"

"Democrats used filibuster 327 times, compared to only once by GOP in 2020: Report"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-used-filibuster-over-300-times-gop-once

Many are on record, with videos, of supporting it over the past few decades.

But NOW!!!!!!!
Reminds me of kerry, "I was for it before I was against it"!

Old 01-13-2022, 07:04 AM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
This is one of the best speeches I have ever heard a Senator make. This should be required watching for our middle school and high school students:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNSpTZxQYW8

Old 01-13-2022, 07:13 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,140,399 times
It's an open secret at this point what the left's endgame is.

Spoiler

Old 01-13-2022, 07:14 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
This is one of the best speeches I have ever heard a Senator make. This should be required watching for our middle school and high school students:

wow, this is great so far. thanks for posting.

Old 01-13-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow, this is great so far. thanks for posting.
I'm glad to draw attention to it. I think this genuinely qualifies as an historic speech.

Old 01-13-2022, 07:41 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
I'm glad to draw attention to it. I think this genuinely qualifies as an historic speech.

still listening, but it just keeps getting better and better.
i wish every leftist in the nation could be forced to listen to it. there would be great discomfort.

Old 01-13-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
still listening, but it just keeps getting better and better.
i wish every leftist in the nation could be forced to listen to it. there would be great discomfort.
I think that Biden/Harris are losing the respect of their Democrat colleagues. Langford mentions that in speaking with his Democrat colleagues in private, many have said that they do not want to vote to end the filibuster, either.

What Biden/Harris are asking of their colleagues is disgraceful.

Old 01-13-2022, 08:46 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
I doubt the party leaders would actually get rid of this rule. They know they are going to lose seats in the 2022 election and then they won’t have a tool to use when their party is in the minority again.

Old 01-13-2022, 06:24 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times
Quote:

I finally had a chance to watch this - and wow! A....mazing.

Senator Lankford was articulate, concise, well prepared, well spoken. He laid out the whole issue and concerns with the so called voting rights bill at the heart of the filibuster issue.

He discussed and explained all of the objections the Dems have with the recent laws states have passed and completely destroyed all of the arguments and complaints against these laws.

He discussed and explained what would happen if the Dems fake voting rights bill was passed and completely exposed the lunacy of this bill and its destructive impact on voting integrity.

He went into the differences of the House and Senate and why the filibuster is central to the role the Senate has played in US History - and that Democrats - *including* then senators Harris, Biden, and Schummer supported and did NOT want to get rid of it!

Compelling and informative viewing - a must watch!

By watching this the whole fake web of voter suppression by current law is dispelled and you see the slight of hand the Dems have been using to dupe the American public into thinking their law must be passed to 'save' Democracy. BS.

BUT - in regards to the filibuster - THAT is now moot concerning the fake voting rights bill because today the House pulled a swap on a previously passed NASA bill and substituted the wording with the fake voting rights bill that'll bypass the filibuster in the Senate.

Sneaky....despicable actually, imo.

Still - the first half of the video regarding what is IN the fake voting rights bill is still worth watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies