Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 09:22 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times

Advertisements

While it's clear Democrats will suffer a much deserved massive and devastating loss in the 2022 midterms due to their poor policies and absolute craziness, 2024 may bring something most are not seeing.

IF Donald Trump decides to run for office, he will scorch earth all the other Republicans in the primaries with personal attacks. If he does not win the primary, he will then tell all his followers to not vote at all for President. Whatever percentage listens to him will be enough to hand the election to the Democrats.

Mark my words on this and resurrect this thread in 2024. Trump will cost Republicans the election should he decide to run. If he does not run and does not tell his followers not to vote, a Republican will win easily.

I'm putting my money on Trump being narcissistic enough to run and destroy the Republican's lay up of a win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 09:24 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
I think the only way for the Democrats to win is to do an end around and ignore the leftists within their own party. These are the people that folks are tired of hearing from, and when I mean folks, I include many of the moderate Democrats.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:26 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
While it's clear Democrats will suffer a much deserved massive and devastating loss in the 2022 midterms due to their poor policies and absolute craziness, 2024 may bring something most are not seeing.

IF Donald Trump decides to run for office, he will scorch earth all the other Republicans in the primaries with personal attacks. If he does not win the primary, he will then tell all his followers to not vote at all for President. Whatever percentage listens to him will be enough to hand the election to the Democrats.

Mark my words on this and resurrect this thread in 2024. Trump will cost Republicans the election should he decide to run. If he does not run and does not tell his followers not to vote, a Republican will win easily.

I'm putting my money on Trump being narcissistic enough to run and destroy the Republican's lay up of a win.
I voted for Trump twice. I would not vote for him in 2024. I hope like hell he doesn't run. Really.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:31 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
They win by fully "fortifying" the election across the country, so that enough states have fluke incidents where they have to stop counting and send all of the poll watchers home only to magically discover tens of thousands of ballots during the middle of the night.

They got away with it in several states in the last election, but they have their sights set on expanding their elections fraud system.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:32 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
They figured out how to do it... Stop embracing the extreme wing of their party that promotes things like mask and vaccine mandates, cancel culture, the welfare state and things like paying off student loans, and distract from the immigration issue which they will never get away from because that's a globalist swamp pig issue is the mass melting pot immigration policy...

Their efforts to try to be more moderate in the last month or so because it's 2022 election season have not gone unnoticed by myself. To keep both parties in check we should have yearly elections with equal amounts of Representatives up for election every single year then there'd always be something for them to lose.

They know humans have short attention spans and that gives them a window of time in which they can get their more extreme stuff done and then they can go back to behaving moderately when they know the election year is coming.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:34 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I voted for Trump twice. I would not vote for him in 2024. I hope like hell he doesn't run. Really.
Same here. That ship has sailed.
The thing is, how do we get the country back on track ? I don't see any strong GOP contenders as of yet.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:37 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Same here and I agree.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:41 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
As much as I think his policies worked, at this point Trump is toxic. There is just too much animosity out there from his last term and too much that could be used against him to make him a viable candidate.

There needs to be someone fresh and more likeable. Someone that doesn't have that kind of baggage.

And speaking of baggage, nobody comes with as much as Hillary, and the rumors of her running again are just silly. The Dems need someone fresher & more likeable, too, and she ain't it.

If the best this country can do is run two old dinosaurs well past their prime, then the country is in deep trouble, deeper trouble than it already has with feeble incompetent Biden at the helm.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:41 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I think the only way for the Democrats to win is to do an end around and ignore the leftists within their own party. These are the people that folks are tired of hearing from, and when I mean folks, I include many of the moderate Democrats.
The progressives have always been a poison the well bunch. This is the first time in my memory they have had any clout in the congress. The will poison that, too.

But with the senators from W Va and Az it won't take much. They are 1/2 way there.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:42 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
I disagree. I think the number of swing voters who will vote for the non-Trump Republican candidate in the general election probably exceeds the number of swing who would vote for Trump if he did run. Either way, the Republican will win (unless a third party candidate takes sizable anti-Biden support.)

Reference post #3, 6 & 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies