Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 05:14 PM

25,882 posts, read 18,904,112 times

Advertisements

So you've been a proponent of cloth masks since day one. You wouldn't be caught dead without one... even though there is forty plus years of studies declaring them useless at best. On the other hand, there IS a mask that is scientifically shown to be effective at blocking viruses (if worn properly). It's called the "N95."

Yet, most maskophiles don't really push for N95 masks all that much, even though they are now readily available. Why is that?

You can answer the question, but let me also give my opinion: the reason effective N95 masks are not pushed as hard as useless cloth masks by Branch Maskidians is because the N95 mask is a PERSONSAL protection device. It does absolutely NOTHING for anyone else besides the wearer. It filters incoming viruses and allows unfiltered air out. On the other hand, cloth masks do nothing at all as far as viruses, but the PERCEPTION and narrative is that cloth masks protect everyone around the wearer rather than the wearer.

Bottom line is that personal protection (the N95) is unacceptable for todays collectivist. One cannot shame someone who is not wearing an N95 mask because in not doing so, they are only risking themselves. collectivists cannot handle that. They want to be able to point to someone else for all their problems.

Personally, I'm not wearing any of them. A 0.14% chance of dying is perfectly acceptable to me since there are many other diseases that pose a greater risk every day of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 06:07 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,191,138 times
Hope you feel better now.

I will continue to wear a mask. You do what you want to do.

Old 01-18-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Hope you feel better now.

I will continue to wear a mask. You do what you want to do.
I wish your comrades felt the same way. If I were like them, I would carry around a pocket full of posies, insist the posies stopped covid, and then try to force everyone else to carry a pocket full of posies. (rather than just carrying the posies and shutting up about it)

Old 01-18-2022, 06:49 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,604,568 times
i where a mask simply not to spray on people when i cough, never though it had fine enough mesh to stop micron sized anything, and for that matter i suggest you duct tape 95 mask in-place, just for good measure

Old 01-18-2022, 06:58 PM

17,418 posts, read 16,590,828 times
Everyone knows that standing outside, 20 feet away from a building's entrance and vigorously blowing air out of your nose, 3 times - like an enraged bull- will "clear" the Covid from your nostrils, making it safe for others to be around you.

Or at least it sure would be a hoot to watch you doing that.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:00 PM

Well, so far, no attempt to address the OP.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:00 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,307,126 times
Even though we are now fully aware that cloth masks do not work why the hell are we forced to wear them in Dr's offices and on planes? It is all a lie. We only are forced to do it because it makes the mask Karen's feel better. Such nonsense. If you like masks please wear one. However for gods sake let the rest of us with one ounce of intelligence be mask free!!!

Old 01-18-2022, 07:01 PM

13,078 posts, read 7,551,109 times
My nose is warmer in a N95 than a surgical, and definitely warmer than a cloth made by the Pillow guy.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:05 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
In the past couple of weeks here in the Houston metro I've noticed maskless people putting on a mask before getting in their cars (driver's seat) when there are no other people and no pets in the vehicle .

Old 01-18-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
My nose is warmer in a N95 than a surgical, and definitely warmer than a cloth made by the Pillow guy.
Well, got to hand it to you, there is a new one: warm nose. Actually, I suppose the masks are more effective at doing that than what they are claimed to do.

Although... I've never considered warming my nose. I mean, yeah, I've worn parkas rated down to 60 below zero that has the fur around the hood that zips up to essentially enclose my entire face in a sort of furry funnel. Works great for extreme sub-zero cold. But warming just the nose? Never thought of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies