Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 06:21 PM

828 posts, read 416,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Ok then, so why must I wear a mask then?
Because you can still catch covid and spread it to others. And can still spread covid since mask are not very effective.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:22 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post
Because you can still catch covid and spread it to others. And can still spread covid since mask are not very effective.
Still pumping that dry hole, huh?

Old 01-14-2022, 06:27 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
I did wear the mask up until a few weeks ago. I forgot to put it on at the nail salon and of course being that no other customers were wearing theirs I got the freaking covid.

I will wear a mask in populated places from now on. I never want to go through that again. It's not mild to me and it went for my lungs. Maybe Omicron is similar to a cold but damn that covid knocked me on my azz.

Never again will I go outside in a crowded room without my mask.

BTW I do consider it's possible people are carriers of damn near anything they just don't know it until it kicks in and then maybe about a week later then they feel it.

I didn't feel this until about a week later after going in there. I got sick from that place twice now so no more for me. It's not worth it to go through that again.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:29 PM

1,154 posts, read 274,405 times
You don't HAVE to do anything and stop blaming others for your problems. If you want to blame anyone, blame your government leaders who keep shoving masks down everyone's throats.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:39 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I did wear the mask up until a few weeks ago. I forgot to put it on at the nail salon and of course being that no other customers were wearing theirs I got the freaking covid.

I will wear a mask in populated places from now on. I never want to go through that again. It's not mild to me and it went for my lungs. Maybe Omicron is similar to a cold but damn that covid knocked me on my azz.

Never again will I go outside in a crowded room without my mask.

BTW I do consider it's possible people are carriers of damn near anything they just don't know it until it kicks in and then maybe about a week later then they feel it.

I didn't feel this until about a week later after going in there. I got sick from that place twice now so no more for me. It's not worth it to go through that again.

Been in a lot of crowded places, no problem. Vaccinated daughter and vaccinated family came got sick and bam, I caught it. Still not planning on wearing a mask, unless maybe if I’m around the vaccinated. Jk

Old 01-14-2022, 06:41 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then why are you wearing one?

Just don't.
Well, they're technically required in all indoor places, like restaurants and grocery stores. I'm sure now that not many would say anything, but I don't want to be stared at and judged...

Old 01-14-2022, 06:46 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Thanks for the compassion. It is rare here.

at 82, had heart attack at 52, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, pre diabetic. DH had a stroke while on a ladder taking plywood off the windows due to hurricane. He broke a bunch of bones. Also had a very aggressive prostate cancer. ok so far. It’s my job to take care of us. Not anybody else’s.

And grandson found the perfect girl when he was 15. They married last summer. She’s in grad school and teaches microbiology. I want to see great grandkids. If that means staying home, I’m in.
I hope you get to not only see, but enjoy your future great grandchildren crone, my grandchildren are pretty young so it would be awhile till I’m a great grandma.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:51 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I'm sure now that not many would say anything, but I don't want to be stared at and judged...
It's not so bad. It happens to me often.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:52 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
Actually I put this in the catagory of the flu. To my way of thinking it's sort of like that. I remember when my own Mother freaked out when it was suggested that we children wear masks. My Mother said no way are my kids going to keep that on all day, not going to happen and I'm not putting them through that.

Years after the flu shot came out I was an adult by then and I finally had enough of vomiting almost non stop and diarrhea. I nearly filled up the tub the last time and said that's it. I finally got the flu shot. Well to my surprise it didn't kill me and every year since I got the flu shot I never got the flu again. I was like wholly crap this is amazing! that was and still is my experience with getting the flu shot every year. Now does this mean I think everyone should have to get that shot, no absolutely not. No one should be forced to get a vaccine the don't want but then again I understand why some shots are mandatory to be permitted in School. I don't know all the answers but for me that flu shot I could swear, especially at my age now, is a life saver for me.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:10 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don't get why we still have a mask mandate, especially here in NY...

To protect me? Well, I'm vaccinated and already protected.

To protect others? Well if other people are so worried and scared about me being maskless, why don't they get vaccinated?

So this really all boils down to the people who don't want to get vaccinated. I get it, your body, your choice. So why isn't it my choice now to not wear a mask now that I'm vaccinated? Why is this only a choice to the unvaccinated?

No, you are not. You only have a temporary artificial immunity boost to allow you to get through infection easier. That's it.For about 120 days, then you have nothing else but your natural immunity. What's left of it.

Hence, you wear mask to protect YOU from from an airborne aerosol infection that is everywhere. It is, simply out in the air. Read up on military or cruise ships, 100% vaccinated everyone, and still getting outbreaks of breakthrough infections.
Hence, even if you will be among 200% vaccinated people, you will still get infected. Infected as in - pathogen will find you. If not from people, then from animals or even trees.

From that on, it comes down to simple choice. Do I beleieve that masks prevent from airborne aerosol infection, or not? If I do not believe and yet, I am wearing mask, I am a coward, following stupid pointless rule.
But there is no need to scapegoat non vaccinated folks as, it is beyond any doubt that vaccinated are carriers and shedding more than non vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies