Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 05:42 PM

107 posts, read 46,277 times

Advertisements

They will try to explain this away by citing things like behavioral differences. But all of us know that it’s the vaccinated who are actually more paranoid about staying at home, social distancing, wearing masks everywhere, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 05:43 PM

14,372 posts, read 11,769,729 times
This is totally anecdotal and therefore useless, I know, but we had relatives visiting for a week at the end of December/beginning of January. They tested negative when they got here, but very day they left, some of us started to have Covid symptoms.

Of a total of nine people, five were vaccinated and four were not. Some of each in both families. That didn't make a bit of difference; over the last week every one of us has tested positive. It also doesn't seem to have made any difference to the severity of the symptoms. All cases have been "mild."

And, for what it's worth, two of the people--one vaxxed, one not--had already had Covid over a year ago.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:37 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,848,794 times
A couple of nights ago on the evening news it was stated that the Unvaccinated were 17 times more likely to become infected and 20 times more likely to die. I think it's possible to find a news source that agrees with just about anything one might believe.

Personally, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and got the 3 Moderna shots. I've had no side effects and no Covid in spite of the fact that I'm in close contact with a couple hundred high school students daily.

My older sister won't get vaccinated because "everybody knows they are injecting us with tracking devices". I tell her that whoever is responsible for tracking me will die of boredom, LOL!

Meanwhile one of my neighbors was at Maui Hospital for a possible heart attack early this week and he stated that beds were "bumper to bumper" in the E.R. hallways with Covid patients.

Who to believe???

Old 01-15-2022, 08:12 AM

18,536 posts, read 8,343,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I've had no side effects and no Covid :
...you do realize that millions of people...that have not been vaccinated....can say the same thing

Old 01-15-2022, 08:21 AM

4,618 posts, read 3,319,473 times
If the article headline is true, then maybe it's because the vaccinated often feel a bit more able to get out into the world and so get infected with this much more contagious virus.

The vaccinated are not filling up the hospitals and dying like the unvaccinated, though.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:30 AM

19,100 posts, read 27,685,875 times
Assumption: everyone, whop test positive, dies or, at least, goes into hospital and suffers immensely.
WRONG. Actual fatality rate is below 2% or, below 1%, depends who you choose to listen to.
Conclusion: freaking over "positive tests" is pointless en mass and fearmongering/mass psychosis seeding.

Assumption: tests are 100% reliable.
WRONG. Tests are very unreliable, CDC already ditched "highly reliable and specific" PCR tests per 12/31/21, as they do not differentiate between COVID and flu.
Conclusion: test results mean nothing. You may have COVID, flu, common cold and other cohort of resp infections with identical symptoms.
Assumption: "a research" somewhere in the world says ******. We trust research.
WRONG. For each research one may, with ease, find two more, with directly opposite results and, for those two, two more each, with directly opposite results, and so on.
Conclusion: trusting "research" is personal choice of any given individual, pending his educational, mental, psychological, religious, etc, etc status. It is matter of personal choice, not of solid scientific data.

We in the USA, believe ONLY what current government says. Period, end of sentence. If they tell us to chop right arm off, to prevent COVID infection, we gladly will. As they know, what they are doing, our beloved Caring Fathers.

I am a grateful slave.
My master is a good man.
He gives me food, shelter, work and other things.
All he requires in return is that I obey him.
I am told he has the power to control my life.
I look up to him, and wish that I were so powerful.

My master must understand the world better than I,
because he was chosen by many others for his respected position.
I sometimes complain, but fear I cannot live without his help.
He is a good man

I need my master for protection, because others would hurt me.

Grateful Slave

by Paine's Torch

Old 01-15-2022, 08:38 AM

6,113 posts, read 2,889,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
My older sister won't get vaccinated because "everybody knows they are injecting us with tracking devices". I tell her that whoever is responsible for tracking me will die of boredom, LOL!
You should tell your sister that her smartphone will do way more to track her every move than anything else!

I'll never understand where that conspiracy theory every came from.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:48 AM

6,113 posts, read 2,889,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
If the article headline is true, then maybe it's because the vaccinated often feel a bit more able to get out into the world and so get infected with this much more contagious virus.
It's been in my experience, that the unvaccinated were more likely to go out into the world, as they aren't afraid of catching the virus, and the vaccinated were more likely to take every precaution given to them (i.e. masking, social distancing, etc.), and more likely to stay home.

Since the vaccinated population's breakthrough rate is increasing, and they are the group most likely to religiously mask up, it would seem that masking up doesn't provide much protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
The vaccinated are not filling up the hospitals and dying like the unvaccinated, though.
While the vast majority of Covid-19 hospitalizations occur from the unvaccinated, the overall hospitalization rate for Covid-19 is extremely low. My state, North Carolina, has 2,011,302 cases right now. But, just 4,381 people are hospitalized for Covid-19, right now. That equals 0.002178% of all North Carolina's Covid-19 cases.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard

Old 01-15-2022, 08:52 AM

17,837 posts, read 13,754,245 times
Omicron was only discovered a couple of months ago. While I won't dismiss this study the idea it would indicate that perhaps the vaccines need to be altered a bit with the variants kind of like they do with the flu.

But I realize that anti vaxxers are already ready to claim that the vaccines are actually causing this.

We will see what happens in the next few months with Omicron. As stated earlier in the thread. We'll see if this causes a bump in the hospitalization and death ratios of vaxxed and unvaxxed.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:11 AM

4,618 posts, read 3,319,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post

While the vast majority of Covid-19 hospitalizations occur from the unvaccinated, the overall hospitalization rate for Covid-19 is extremely low. My state, North Carolina, has 2,011,302 cases right now. But, just 4,381 people are hospitalized for Covid-19, right now. That equals 0.002178% of all North Carolina's Covid-19 cases.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard
The NY Times and Bloomberg don't agree with you. Both have recently published articles telling how hospitals and ICU's across the country are being pushed to the brink, mainly by unvaccinated people filling them up. There are plenty of anecdotes about people not being able to get their chemo treatments and life-saving surgeries in their particular hospitals. I think it is real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies