Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 09:05 PM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
There are videos of the new game they are playing in leftist cities. If they rob you and you don't have any money, instead of shooting you in the head, they just have you get down on your knees and they kick you in the balls as hard as they can. This is the clown world the left voted for though. Voting for a democrat these days is basically voting for a kick in the pants for any self respecting, decent human being.
That's why they have the Cuomos, Deblasio's, the Newsomes of the world. Just let them kick you in the nuts

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-23-2022 at 09:44 PM..

Old 01-23-2022, 09:16 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That's why they have the Cuomos, Deblasio's, the Newsomes of the world. Just let the kick you in the nuts

As long as they stay in New York, or some left coast open air asylum, I don't care. If that's what the people want, let them have it.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:25 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Only way to stop this is spend/create more money, and put up barriers. Most train station platforms around the world have some kind of barrier.

Or make the trains slow to a crawl right before getting to platform. This way, driver can react, and keeping momentum low enough to allow train to stop on dime.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Bringing up Beyonce isn't going to negate anything I've said.

I notice no one has a problem talking about Black people committing more crimes than anyone else. But when I mention Black people, as a group, being poorer than anyone else, suddenly many people don't want to hear that.
lol you're the one who doesn't want too hear it. Otherwise why deflect from the fact that blacks will continue to be poor and commit high rates of crime. Because 70% are raised in a single parent environment. Every study tells us this. Not one says different.

When one is raised on welfare they are less likely to work for their money. Every study tells us this. Not one says different.

Old 01-24-2022, 07:34 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Pretty much blame the victim psychology, but also yes there are some things you can do. Lesser known is if you are pushed onto the tracks , you can typically lie flat rather than try and get out. There is a depression in the tracks to allow the carriage to just role over you.
Yeah, it's a pretty decent drop for an elderly person and no doubt the perp is timing their attack.

Given their age, health, reflexes etc. I'd say they have about zero chance of suddenly reacting in a split second.

Even at 30mph the train would cover 44 feet in 1 second.

Old 01-27-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol you're the one who doesn't want too hear it. Otherwise why deflect from the fact that blacks will continue to be poor and commit high rates of crime. Because 70% are raised in a single parent environment. Every study tells us this. Not one says different.

When one is raised on welfare they are less likely to work for their money. Every study tells us this. Not one says different.
First step is admitting there is a problem, which we see by the ever increasing crime rates in mostly Democrat run cities that Democrat leaders are never the problem

Old 01-27-2022, 12:49 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Yes, I saw the "US Dept. Of Justice" table you posted. In most every group members of ones own group are the largest perpetrator's of Violent crimes against their own racial/Ethnic group. White people attack most white people, black people attack the most black people, etc. Except, in the case of Asian people. Black Perpetrators Assault Asian people, at a greater rate than Asian people Assault each other.

Democrat news media like to say Donald Trump or White Supremacy as the cause. Do they actually believe this themselves?
They don't care if they are lying or not, they just know that if they keep repeating the lie that the people we all need to fear are white people, then people will just start to believe it as if it were true. Regardless of whether it has any basis in fact or not.

Curious, how the Democrats are ALWAYS the people demonizing people for their race or skin color. Whatever they think might give them political power, or fool people into thinking they are "the good people."

You know "vote for me, I'll protect you from the evil white barbarians at the gate."

Last edited by Wapasha; 01-27-2022 at 01:30 PM..

Old 01-27-2022, 01:45 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Only way to stop this is spend/create more money, and put up barriers. Most train station platforms around the world have some kind of barrier.

Or make the trains slow to a crawl right before getting to platform. This way, driver can react, and keeping momentum low enough to allow train to stop on dime.
I agree on the platform barriers. They not only prevent people from falling or being pushed onto the tracks, but they also keep the station much quieter and enable it to be climate controlled without having the cooled (or heated) air wastefully getting sucked into the tunnels. The problem in New York, in addition to the cost of installing them, is that their subway fleet consists of different cars, with different door spacings. They would have to standardize their fleet before platform screens would be viable there.

As for the trains slowing down, the degradation of service would be intolerable. Though this might not add much extra time at each individual station, the cumulative impact for the entire line would be considerable. Also, slowing down the trains would not only be less convenient, but doing this would require more trains being added in order to maintain the same level of service (i.e. service frequency) across the entire line.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:35 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
First step is admitting there is a problem, which we see by the ever increasing crime rates in mostly Democrat run cities that Democrat leaders are never the problem
We do have issues, but based on what I've seen, and what I've researched, neither political party is equipped to deal with the problem. The demographic (or more specifically, the underclass portion of that demographic) from which a high percentage of violent crime is coming from, it's been that way for about a century. Black sociologists were talking about the high rates of fatherless homes, divorce, and single mothers as far back as the 1920s and 30s. W.E.B. DuBois talked about it analyzing what he saw in Philadelphia. Dr. E. Franklin Frazier wrote a dissertation "The Negro Family in the United States (1939)".

This criminal problem among the underclass portion of the Black population is going on in Republican cities like Tulsa and Jacksonville. The way I see it, the portion of the population responsible for all of that stuff would be doing the same thing in Republican-led areas too. The only difference is that in Republican-led areas, alot more people would be in prison for their crimes. Locking up criminals is easy. However, there are much deeper problems for which "cutting off welfare" and the like won't solve.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We do have issues, but based on what I've seen, and what I've researched, neither political party is equipped to deal with the problem. The demographic (or more specifically, the underclass portion of that demographic) from which a high percentage of violent crime is coming from, it's been that way for about a century. Black sociologists were talking about the high rates of fatherless homes, divorce, and single mothers as far back as the 1920s and 30s. W.E.B. DuBois talked about it analyzing what he saw in Philadelphia. Dr. E. Franklin Frazier wrote a dissertation "The Negro Family in the United States (1939)".

This criminal problem among the underclass portion of the Black population is going on in Republican cities like Tulsa and Jacksonville. The way I see it, the portion of the population responsible for all of that stuff would be doing the same thing in Republican-led areas too. The only difference is that in Republican-led areas, alot more people would be in prison for their crimes. Locking up criminals is easy. However, there are much deeper problems for which "cutting off welfare" and the like won't solve.
You can continue to pull up the 2 or 3 Republican cities amongst the 20-30 Democrat that are the worst of the worst in the country and it only shows only a few Republican cities have the same issues.

It's pretty simple Democrat Cities were/are the ones saying "disband the police", Democrat cities have the legal systems that have "Catch and Release" policies, to the point where violent criminals are running rampant in their cities.

The pathetic attempt for the Democrat media to scream that attacks on Asian people was by "White Supremist" over the last year, when the "Vast" majority of the Attacks and Murders were not even committed by White people is a prime example of the lies that Democrats spread. These crimes were almost universally committed by repeat Offenders that were released by Liberal policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies