Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 03:34 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,115,339 times

Advertisements

The Biden administration is going along with the CDC’s effort to redefine why we wear masks. This month’s guidance introduced the term RESPIRATOR. This is different from a mask and CDC defines this on their website.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-of-masks.html

In short, masks protect you from everyone. Respirators protect you from everyone. Recall back in the days of friendly Covid that mask guidance was pretty much anything goes? Gaiters and exercise mask vents were okay and cloth masks made on Etsy were a-okay. You can see from the link address below that the narrative was “masks save you”, which never why cloth masks were worn. “Prevent-getting-sick”…..
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html

Remember the goal was apparently to “flatten the curve” and wearing masks were to prevent you from spreading. Everyone was sent the silly narrative of why mask wearing works with “peeing in pants is better outcome” scenario.

This month, you’ve seen liberal articles about how these new mask standards are why CDC changed courses, which is a lie. Mask standards are not new and have been around for decades. https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-wants-mas...153900765.html. NIOSH is PART of CDC and both NIOSH and ASTM have created mask testing and standards for again, decades. https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/Resp...n-history.html

Everyone knew in 2020 that for better self protection, N95 and other “respirators” worked better than cloth, but those people were banned in 2020.

What is happening now is a setup to wear masks on planes forever. By changing to “YOU can be better protected” if you wore respirators on planes, then requiring these “new masks” on planes, forever, “will save lives”. Then why still allow drinking alcohol up from in first class? Wasn’t this about safety? Why not cancel all beverage carts thus reducing passengers from lowering their N95 (or KN 95 if you want to look like Daffy Duck) masks.

After two years, the CDC did not just become woke to cloth masks. There is a reason for the “epiphany” over at CDC and it isn’t science, it’s political.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 03:45 AM

21,196 posts, read 19,809,403 times
It reminds me of Pin The Tail On The Donkey.

Old 01-19-2022, 04:32 AM

117 posts, read 39,349 times
What happens in the US if you have a medical exemption like panic attacks causes by mask, asthma or something? No plane travel?

Old 01-19-2022, 04:38 AM

22,674 posts, read 24,660,350 times
I will wear my hollowed-out, fake mask if I have no choice.

An n95 for extended periods of time, I really hope it does not come to that.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:04 AM

24,037 posts, read 15,147,170 times
Does everybody have to have some sinister agenda?

When it first started there was not enough N95s for even the people who were exposed daily. My kid had to drive to another state to get some for his workmates. When companies finally ramped up enough for all of us to have the good ones, the CDC said go for it.

I have had N95s for over a year. I give them to every friend and neighbor who comes into my house. Ever be walking along and smell cigarette smoke but cannot locate the smoker? Air moves.

Why is that so hard to understand? Especially when we see the kinds of masks and how they are worn. Some people cannot differentiate between gauze and a good 3 layer cloth mask with a pocket for a filter, properly worn. At the beginning anything was better than nothing for containing the stuff coming out of a persons mouth and nose.

The biggest mistake those over at the NIH and CDC made was overestimating the intelligence of the American public.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:36 AM

Default Now N95 is the only viable mask…. Forget cloth masks after 2 years…

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Does everybody have to have some sinister agenda?

When it first started there was not enough N95s for even the people who were exposed daily. My kid had to drive to another state to get some for his workmates. When companies finally ramped up enough for all of us to have the good ones, the CDC said go for it.

I have had N95s for over a year. I give them to every friend and neighbor who comes into my house. Ever be walking along and smell cigarette smoke but cannot locate the smoker? Air moves.

Why is that so hard to understand? Especially when we see the kinds of masks and how they are worn. Some people cannot differentiate between gauze and a good 3 layer cloth mask with a pocket for a filter, properly worn. At the beginning anything was better than nothing for containing the stuff coming out of a persons mouth and nose.

The biggest mistake those over at the NIH and CDC made was overestimating the intelligence of the American public.
Ah that’s the ticket, blame American citizens. Forget that some higher-up (super smart) federal governing agency couldn’t figure out how to explain the science, blame the “reader”.

Nope, not buying it. Remember when Senator Paul was banned from YouTube for saying cloth masks are not effective at self protection? The censors didn’t say that there was a N95 shortage. And CDC didn’t say to just wear worthless cloth masks because we need to save the real masks for professionals.
What federal government agency lies to Americans at the expense of their health?!?

Nope. You’re okay with the flat out lie for two years that cloth masks were acceptable; until respirators came along.

Now after TWO full years (longer than vaccine development and rollout) that supply has finally caught up, now the truth can be released and that is “only N95 masks provide the wearer any measurable protection from viruses”. Cloth masks don’t work, never did. Etsy stock is down.

It must be difficult to plan and live with the changing narratives from politicians. It’s clear that the credibility of the CDC goes down each day. Can’t imagine the next time Ebola arrives in the U.S. and this time, the CDC will be largely ignored. Why wouldn’t they be ignored? The loss of confidence in the federal government on Public Health is higher now than in history.

Follow-the-science-when-it-fits-today’s-narrative. There are amazingly a few kool-aid drinkers still left out there. If you don’t see the spin on masks vs. respirators, then can’t help you on the cliff.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:04 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,587,920 times
People were whining about masks back in 1918 too. Funny how stupidity seems to carry through generation to generation...

And guess what? People eventually didn't have to wear them anymore.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
People were whining about masks back in 1918 too. Funny how stupidity seems to carry through generation to generation...

And guess what? People eventually didn't have to wear them anymore.
There’s people that misread posts and then there are those that fly right on by…..

Old 01-19-2022, 06:06 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,787,337 times
Some schools are requiring kids to wear N95 mask. Little kids wearing respirators all day, everyday. We are going backwards, not forward.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:08 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,587,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
There’s people that misread posts and then there are those that fly right on by…..
And then there are those with no agenda other than to provide snarky commentary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies