Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 08:01 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,541,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
You can’t use the data point of single-dose vaccinated people, and apply it to vaxxed/unvaxxed Covid deaths, when those unvaxxed deaths include people with only one shot.

I’m not disputing that a double dose of the vaccine lowers the chances of death, but please be honest about the numbers.
Unfortunately the data I used does not break down the groups into one shot, two shot and so on, so I have to use whatever is available.

But the pattern of democrats being vaccinated at significantly greater rates than republicans is clear.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...ographics.html

Blacks are lagging behind whites in vaccination by almost 10%. There goes your theory but you go on believing whatever makes you feel good.
Breaking news: Blacks aren't the only democrats. Every survey of late indicates that democrats are vaccinated at rates greater than 90%. So the remaining <10% could probably disproportionately be blacks.

Furthermore, that data is a bit old by now. As of Jan 10th, 60% of whites had received a vaccine and 54% of blacks, not a huge gap:
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

Old 01-21-2022, 08:12 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Unfortunately the data I used does not break down the groups into one shot, two shot and so on, so I have to use whatever is available.

But the pattern of democrats being vaccinated at significantly greater rates than republicans is clear.
BS, even your link cannot tell us who has died or not...and then on the analysis of the NY TIMES (pay wall BTW)? Hahahaaaaaaaa...

But please tell us, are you and all your data saying that in counties that voted for trump, there are NO dems within those counties that voted for biden, really? Is that what you are actually saying?

Your data is complete BS and cannot be backed by anything other than well, that county voted for trump, but don't worry about all the people that voted for biden in that same county.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:14 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
I hate Biden, but he isn't responsible for these Covid deaths any more than Trump was responsible for Covid deaths while he was POTUS. Of course, many Dems claim that they didn't vote for Trump because he "killed 200,000 people". It will be interesting to see if these people will hold Biden to the same standard. Given the rampant hypocrisy among Dems/libs/progs, I am not optimistic, but their mental gymnastics are always entertaining to behold.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BS, even your link cannot tell us who has died or not...and then on the analysis of the NY TIMES (pay wall BTW)? Hahahaaaaaaaa...

But please tell us, are you and all your data saying that in counties that voted for trump, there are NO dems within those counties that voted for biden, really? Is that what you are actually saying?

Your data is complete BS and cannot be backed by anything other than well, that county voted for trump, but don't worry about all the people that voted for biden in that same county.
I didn't even mention county data at all, which pretty much goes to show you paid no attention to what I wrote. I also linked to a Gallup poll, not just the NYT. Both showed the same result.

The reality is, you just don't want to believe that your fellow republicans are essentially committing Covidcide. But go ahead and continue to believe that if it makes you happy. In the meantime ...

It is a fact that unvaccinated people are several times more likely to die from Covid than vaccinated ones.

It is also a fact that vaccination rates of republicans are significantly lower than vaccination rates of democrats.

Therefore, it is impossible to come to any other conclusion other than republicans are dying from Covid at greater rates than democrats.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:14 AM

8,157 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes, left wingers tend to do that.

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/d...-and-ethnicity

Any other issues you want to blame on people of color?
FYI: Today is January 21, 2022. Lol.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:24 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
I didn't even mention county data at all, which pretty much goes to show you paid no attention to what I wrote. I also linked to a Gallup poll, not just the NYT. Both showed the same result.

The reality is, you just don't want to believe that your fellow republicans are essentially committing Covidcide. But go ahead and continue to believe that if it makes you happy. In the meantime ...

It is a fact that unvaccinated people are several times more likely to die from Covid than vaccinated ones.

It is also a fact that vaccination rates of republicans are significantly lower than vaccination rates of democrats.

Therefore, it is impossible to come to any other conclusion other than republicans are dying from Covid at greater rates than democrats.
Did you read the links YOU provided? Clearly you did not, because the caption just above the first pic states the following: "Of every 100,000 residents, 25 died of Covid in Trump counties in October, compared to the 7.8 in Biden-voting counties"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vid-death-rate

^^^^Your link, not mine.

My post still stands....and what you provided is still BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Old 01-21-2022, 11:27 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Right wingers - Covid is basically a mild cold.

Also right wingers - Joe Biden needs to be impeached for how he is reacting to Covid.
I do not see the word impeached. What I do see is a liar who said something and now when it is much worse says he is doing a good job.

Do you agree he said what he did?
Do you see it is much worse now in spite of vaccines, time to learn howe to handle etc.
Shouldn't he just admit He didn't know what he was saying , or was just lying to get elected, etc....

BTW for the vast majority of healtyh people under the age of 55 it is pretty much like a cold. I am 67 and am not worried although my risk is higher.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
That means roughly 2,500 dead US anti-vaxxers today. Mostly republicans.

Such a shame.
You are a hateful person.
Is it your belief that roughly all unvaccinated people are republicans. What percentage of blacks and Hispanics do you think are unvaccinated?
I would like to see numbers on what percentage of deaths are unvaccinated. I am sure it is fairly high but not as high as you may think.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The only people who are responsible for covid deaths now are the unvaccinated who put their politics above their lives.
This is a lie also. Vaccinated people do also spread COVID. I agree they do have a much better chance of survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies