Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 06:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

Absolutely brilliant marketing. They've put this out there in the media, and now it's being carried all over the place, free of charge.

Heretofore, did ANYONE know any characteristics - at all - of any of the candy colors? Did anyone know they HAD characteristics? Or heel height?

And now I'm sitting here kind of wanting chocolate.

(And an aside, their sugar cookie Christmas M&Ms are like crack, wish i had some of those too).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2022, 07:16 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/m-ms-ch...e-progressive/

Honestly.....this is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.

Okay, first off let me just say that I believe that I am generally a fairly sane individual. I mean sure, I know we all have our little quirks which make us unique (slightly crazy) but for the most part my marbles remain in a nice neat pile in my head. And for some reason, just reading this story makes me feel as if I'm listening to someone drag nails across a chalkboard.

How on earth did we, as a society, get to this point? Have we truly reached a point in our lives where stuff like this is worthy of our attention? Does this not strike the rest of you as utter insanity on the part of Mars, Incorporated? And if it does seem as insane to you as it does to me, then you must also realize this insane response to a non-existent problem was brought on by a group of even more insane people who actually had a problem with cartoon candy people!!!!!

What the hell is going on!!!! How can we ever fix any of our very real problems in this country when people are focusing their attention on ridiculous issues like this? M&M's are candy people. That's all they will ever be. And if you are actually crazy enough to let the shoes a cartoon candy character is wearing bother you, then you should absolutely seek professional help.

PS. I'm sorry for the rant. But I truly can not express just how sick I am of seeing stories like this. We have so many real problems in the world. It just makes me sick to think people are wasting their time on ridiculous issues like these.
And watch sales go DOWN!

Old 01-22-2022, 07:21 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yet here you are, complaining.
Wrong. Here I am pointing a finger at the lunacy we are being forced to deal with on a daily basis. Here I am discussing just how wrong it is that people are bringing focus to ridiculous issues like these while they could be focusing their attention on the very real problems that exist in this country/world. You may have gotten here as quickly as you could, but you definitely didn't bring your A game. Please, I beg you, engage me in debate on this/any subject. Don't drop one-liners and flee. If what I have said has no merit then please, by all means, educate me.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:22 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

Quote:
Wrong. Here I am pointing a finger at the lunacy we are being forced to deal with on a daily basis. Here I am discussing just how wrong it is that people are bringing focus to ridiculous issues like these while they could be focusing their attention on the very real problems that exist in this country/world. You may have gotten here as quickly as you could, but you definitely didn't bring your A game. Please, I beg you, engage me in debate on this/any subject. Don't drop one-liners and flee. If what I have said has no merit then please, by all means, educate me.
Who is forcing you to deal with this? The media carries a huge variety of articles on an array of topics. Many weighty issues that you might have paid attention to.

You are the one who brought it here, spreading their advertising spores, focusing your (and our) attention on this.

And no one who isn't interested in the topic need open the thread.

If you find more worthy topics for attention, maybe post those instead?

Old 01-22-2022, 07:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Absolutely brilliant marketing. They've put this out there in the media, and now it's being carried all over the place, free of charge.

Heretofore, did ANYONE know any characteristics - at all - of any of the candy colors? Did anyone know they HAD characteristics? Or heel height?

(And an aside, their sugar cookie Christmas M&Ms are like crack, wish i had some of those too).

I’d have never known anything about this if not for the OP.
Never ceases to amaze me how people continue to bring attention to subjects they want (other) people to ignore.

What’s up with that?

Old 01-22-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:

I suppose that's one way to look at it. Could be the wrong sort of marketing though. Especially for people like myself who are simply fed up with this sort of ridiculous nonsense.

As for your question about the characteristics of the M&M's, I'd have to say yes to that question. I've seen their commercials hundreds of times so you get a sense of their personalities. But I'd have to say no as far as shoe details go and things like that. Never paid that much attention.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Who is forcing you to deal with this? The media carries a huge variety of articles on an array of topics. Many weighty issues that you might have paid attention to.

You are the one who brought it here, spreading their advertising spores, focusing your (and our) attention on this.

And no one who isn't interested in the topic need open the thread.

If you find more worthy topics for attention, maybe post those instead?
Actually, I did not originally post the thread. Another user created the thread and people were having a conversation about the subject. I joined in the discussion with what is now my OP for this thread. The previous thread was deleted by a mod who discovered the OP was previously banned. So in order to allow people to continue to discuss an existing subject on the board, I went and copied my post from the original thread, and used it to start another so those who were discussing it could continue to do so. Had it not been for the original thread, I too would not know about this particular subject.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I’d have never known anything about this if not for the OP.
Never ceases to amaze me how people continue to bring attention to subjects they want (other) people to ignore.

What’s up with that?
It's like PETA advertising. They spend a little $$ on fairly inexpensive to produce ads, put them out there, and wham the media and online forums carry their ads free. The people who are their most ardent detractors are the ones spreading their message.

I just sit back and wonder, do their detractors not realize what they're doing?

Old 01-22-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Actually, I did not originally post the thread. Another user created the thread and people were having a conversation about the subject. I joined in the discussion with what is now my OP for this thread. The previous thread was deleted by a mod who discovered the OP was previously banned. So in order to allow people to continue to discuss an existing subject on the board, I went and copied my post from the original thread, and used it to start another so those who were discussing it could continue to do so. Had it not been for the original thread, I too would not know about this particular subject.
Ah. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
“Forced?”

There are millions of ways to avoid this “lunacy” as you call it.
I watch a lot of TV. Until I saw this thread, I knew nothing about this. Hasn’t been reported on my local news, haven’t seen a single “woke” commercial or any other media regarding this topic other than this thread.

In any event, specific to the thread title, has Mars, Inc. stopped making candy?
I’m pretty sure if that was the case, that I’d have heard about.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies