Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2022, 01:15 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I used sponges that I wash and reuse or cloth towels. I could not find paper towels during that time but cannot imagine using toilet paper as a replacement. It would not actually accomplish anything other than creating a mess. I have a hard time believing many were using toilet paper to clean.

I recall when we were told that the virus stayed on surfaces for a long time.

It didn't and it was easy to discover that right away but that stuck around fro a while longer than it should have.
Cleaning and sanitizing is always important but driven to parnoic proportions unnecessarily was ridiculous on the part of authorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 01:24 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I encourage you go use toilet paper to clean your bathroom and then report how it went. It has nothing to do with being a perfect housekeeper. Its like putting dish soap in your dishwasher.
Encouragement denied; I am not a boy.

How much we use something can vary massively between individuals. I go through kitten treats massively because they get them 3 times a day while I sure others would say other wise, that they are the Master in that house and they decide.

Finally, I don't doubt that a considerable number saw it as an opportunity for profiteering. Never underestimate the greed of humans, never doubt the desire to use the free & cheap to gouge for their profit.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:38 PM

6,672 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I recall when we were told that the virus stayed on surfaces for a long time.

It didn't and it was easy to discover that right away but that stuck around fro a while longer than it should have.
Cleaning and sanitizing is always important but driven to parnoic proportions unnecessarily was ridiculous on the part of authorities.
Decontaminate your Amazon packages!

Even to this day, we still don't know what's going on. It's so random.
You can't take any one thing as 100%, so you just need to do your research and find your own comfort level.

It's the media that feels the need to blast every side comment, footnote, etc every minute from science that makes people loose their minds. Up and down. Sell the scare. Get the clicks. Chill the *&^ out.

That creates public opinion and in turn, the politicians puppet up to earn points standing up for that public opinion and pass out mandates like Oprah.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:56 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post

You can't take any one thing as 100%, so you just need to do your research and find your own comfort level.

It's the media that feels the need to blast every side comment, footnote, etc every minute from science that makes people loose their minds. Up and down. Sell the scare. Get the clicks. Chill the *&^ out.

That creates public opinion and in turn, the politicians puppet up to earn points standing up for that public opinion and pass out mandates like Oprah.
Not only decontaminate your groceries but leave them on the porch for three days and wear a mask while handling them after that.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 01-24-2022 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-24-2022, 02:24 PM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Not only decontaminate your groceries but leave them on the porch for three days and wera a mask while handling them after that.
And don't forget those who advocated microwaving one's mail.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:39 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:

Loose their minds so it is easier to influence them? That may have been a Freudian Slip on thou's part.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:01 PM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Did they say "take" or "buy"?

Old 01-24-2022, 03:04 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Not only decontaminate your groceries but leave them on the porch for three days and wear a mask while handling them after that.
In the meantime there were people going out there every day, working and keeping the world going. Not everyone had the luxury of "staying safe" inside their home, afraid of touching their own mail.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:10 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It's an attempt to stop hoarding.
Our current logistical on time delivery system needs some time to get balanced. Stores no longer have huge back-room storage. Computer programs attached to the inventory and cash registers are how most chain stores maintain inventories.
Product comes in to refill shelves only. People hording send the systems off balance.
People hasn’t hoarded since early 2020 when the toilet paper fiasco and covid started, I’m sure they are hoping to prevent it, other issues are causing the shortages now.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:10 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:

Sanitize you sanitizer too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies