Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2022, 07:01 AM

1,152 posts, read 618,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The problem is that for some people, covid turns out to be much more dangerous than a cold. That includes many older people and people with medical issues, but it also includes seemingly healthy children, teens, young adults and middle age adults. I have never worried about dying from a cold. But COVID could kill me. That is the difference.
I guess you would be surprised to know that death rates for covid and the common cold/flu are pretty much the same. Don’t believe me, look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 07:01 AM

117 posts, read 39,206 times
I feel a bit sorry for these mask wearing nutters. They are obviously terrified of everything. Completely brainwashed. Shame really.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
How many COVID deaths are acceptable to you?
How many times do you need to be told the cloth masks don't work?

Old 01-26-2022, 07:07 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Can all you loyal and diligent covid mask wearers, please share with us what’s the fear?

After nearly 2 years, we know that for most people the virus is much to do about very little. Clearly, we’re not all going to die. So, please share why masking makes sense to you. Thanks.
Shirt wearers, what’s the fear? To some, it is an article of clothing. I don’t care as long as they don’t make me wear the mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You must be an expert on N95s by now. You could probably help out others to wear theirs properly. That might be more helpful than calling people too stupid to figure out their masks.
How in the world do you not see with your own eyes that hardly anyone wears the N95 masks? That includes the politicians who lead you around by the nose.

And anyone who doesn't know how to where a mask or doesn't understand that the cheap cloth masks don't work, are too stupid to figure out much.

Someone has to be awfully dumb or a partisan to not understand the fact that the cloth masks that are being worn are pretty much worthless.

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I wear a mask solely because it annoys people like the OP.

Or because I'd rather not get sick and will do what I can to avoid it.

Or because I have respect for the other people that I come in contact with, and would rather not infect them if I happen to be infected with covid and not know it just yet.

So many smart reasons to wear a mask indoors around others ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It's weird how people think a paper mask is going to do anything to stop a microscopic virus.

These same people probably think nobody can smell their farts if they have pants on.
It's weird how some people don't know the difference between a liquid and a gas.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:10 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
I don't give a wet slap if you wear a mask.

Just don't try to mandate that I do or try to force one on my kids.

Easy peasy.
I am not mandating anything.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I wear a mask solely because it annoys people like the OP.

Or because I'd rather not get sick and will do what I can to avoid it.

Or because I have respect for the other people that I come in contact with, and would rather not infect them if I happen to be infected with covid and not know it just yet.

So many smart reasons to wear a mask indoors around others ...

It's weird how some people don't know the difference between a liquid and a gas.
It's weird how some people don't understand that the cloth masks that almost everyone is wearing, offer minimal protection at best.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:12 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
In your OP, you stated verbatim:

"Clearly, we’re not all going to die."

Ergo, how many deaths are acceptable to you? Or perhaps a better question - Which deaths are acceptable to you? Cancer patients? The elderly? Immunocompromised? Comorbidities?
Did you wear masks in 2018 to protect vulnerable people from the flu or RSV? If not, why not?

People die of car crashes too. Why don’t you mount extra reflectors on your car to be more visible at night? How many car crashes are acceptable to you?

Do you have updated fireproofing in your home? How many fire deaths are acceptable to you?

Old 01-26-2022, 07:17 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,082,096 times
Quote:
I don't give a wet slap if you wear a mask.

Just don't try to mandate that I do or try to force one on my kids.

Easy peasy.

Agreed!
We've been at this for 2 years and counting...I have no problem with the guidance of masking if you actually feel sick, or if you just simply want to do it. However, it is rather dystopian to mandate that people permanently cover their faces and assume that everyone around you is sick 24/7 (let's be honest with ourselves...the COVID Cult is pushing for this to be permanent but won't come right out and say it).

Short version: wear your mask, wear 10 masks, or don't wear any. You do you; just don't force your way of life onto others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies