Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 05:19 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,779,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
You have if you've financed it.
Same with a gun if you can't pay upfront. Have you ever had to pass a background check if you paid cash for a car? I wonder if the Twitter "fact checkers" will delete this lie he is spreading?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 05:44 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,699,967 times
There's no 10 day waiting period to take your new car home.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:44 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
I was in and out of the Acura dealer faster with my last car purchase than when I went to PICK UP the semiautomatic 308 I had already purchased.

And if Dave wants to really find out about paperwork and wait times with the BATF...he can buy a suppressor. Pick one for .223/5.56 NATO...go on Dave...go find out how easy it is to buy a safety device for a firearm that has the most batcrap crazy laws and regulations based almost entirely on politicians panicking because of idiots like you.

I bought a suppressor over a year ago. Paid an extra 25% over cost for the tax stamp and the trust. And the newest estimate I received a month ago is I should have it early next year.

Hey Dave, ever buy a car and have the government tell you that you can take delivery of your vehicle after they spend two years reviewing your paperwork?

Old 01-26-2022, 06:38 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Hogg reminds me of Greta. Someone with below average intelligence being manipulated.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:42 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I'm surprised he didn't say... It shouldn't be easier to buy a gun than it is to make a pillow.
Don't you mean "bite a pillow"?

Old 01-26-2022, 08:09 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The left fawned over this guy for a LONG time, and now he comes back with this ignorant comment (among others).

I guess ole' hogg has never heard of carvana? You know, the car dealership that delivers a car directly to your house?

Unless you are a FFL, you cannot have any gun delivered directly to your house.
This is a common claim that's been around for years and countering about how cars are in certain circumstances "easier" to buy therefore negating his statement is to miss the point. It is _true_ that for a _legal_ person to person transaction involving a firearm in many states, no background checks are required and the entire transaction can happen in seconds if the parties are amenable (and the seller can even come to your house). So in that regard his statement is absolutely _not_ ignorant, it's actually carefully crafted because in specific scenarios it's absolutely true (or mostly true because a person to person transfer of an automobile can be just as easy).

It's a _huge_ mistake to get wrapped up in "cult of personality" (or in this case anti cult of personality) and thereby losing sight of the bigger picture. His statement is directly aimed towards these person to person transactions and brushing those comments off without realizing the strategy behind them could very well lead to an advancement in the cause that he's pushing.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:54 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
This is a common claim that's been around for years and countering about how cars are in certain circumstances "easier" to buy therefore negating his statement is to miss the point. It is _true_ that for a _legal_ person to person transaction involving a firearm in many states, no background checks are required and the entire transaction can happen in seconds if the parties are amenable (and the seller can even come to your house). So in that regard his statement is absolutely _not_ ignorant, it's actually carefully crafted because in specific scenarios it's absolutely true (or mostly true because a person to person transfer of an automobile can be just as easy).

It's a _huge_ mistake to get wrapped up in "cult of personality" (or in this case anti cult of personality) and thereby losing sight of the bigger picture. His statement is directly aimed towards these person to person transactions and brushing those comments off without realizing the strategy behind them could very well lead to an advancement in the cause that he's pushing.
He used the word "easier" instead of "just as easy". Yes in a lot of states individuals can sell a gun without a background check to another individual. How is that "easier"? Just another lie repeated often by anti-self defense "advocates".

Easier? Is that not a lie?

Some would argue "But you need to register a vehicle and have a license". This is not true. You need to register and have a license to OPERATE a vehicle on a PUBLIC road. You can buy a vehicle and never register it for use on your own property just like a gun.

Last edited by Wartrace; 01-27-2022 at 05:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies