Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 06:06 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,852,224 times

Advertisements

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...ns-dan-bongino

The Hill article is very vague on the specifics of Mr. Bongino's ban. Of course, the commenters in the Hill article were quick to praise YouTube for this move, even without knowing the specifics of why.

Here's what the Hill article left out: According to Mr. Bongino, the ban was set in motion following a one-week suspension for quoting Dr. Fauci saying that masks don't work. Following the suspension, Mr. Bongino uploaded a video titled, "Why I'm leaving YouTube", and that all future videos would be posted to a YouTube competitor, Rumble. Soon after the posting of that video, YouTube sent a message to Mr. Bongino stating they were permanently banning his account, saying he "tried to evade suspension".

Sourced from his website: https://bongino.com/youtube-permanen...vid-narrative/

What does him posting videos on another platform have to do with his YouTube channel? What he does on other platforms is none of Google's business, and yet they're making it their business. For shame!

I've slowly dwindled down what I watch on YouTube. I also use the Brave browser, so I never see any ads on YouTube and, therefore, Google never sees a dime from me, in that regard. I'm disheartened that an American company would engage in practices found within Communist China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 06:09 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Slippery slope!!!!

Conservatives warned that this would happen.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:12 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Why would any conservative use Google? Even Youtube should be off the list, since conservatives have other video sharing platforms that are quite popular now. Google has made it quite clear they do not like you. Why feed the beast?

Old 01-26-2022, 06:15 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Why would any conservative use Google? Even Youtube should be off the list, since conservatives have other video sharing platforms that are quite popular now. Google has made it quite clear they do not like you. Why feed the beast?
I can do without google as I'm a long time yahoo user, but youtube is great, I'll have to keep feeding the beast on this one.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:28 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I agree, Rumble is great! I quit Twitter also. Just think what would happen if half the country quit FB, Twitter and Youtube. If we could all do it for a week or so at the same time, I wonder if it would have an affect.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:23 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Good riddance. Can't stand the guy. He's as dumb as rocks, but Trumpers are impressed with his biceps.

Very outspoken against vaccine mandates, this guy. He gave his employer, Cumulus Media an ultimatum -- cancel your mandate or he'll leave. Cumulus said, "bye". Bongino folded. Begged his way back into the company.

Way to stand up for your principals, pal. What a phony. Let him disappear off to some RWNJ echo chamber. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:28 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
The Hill article is very vague on the specifics of Mr. Bongino's ban.

Wrong. Bongino got booted off of YouTube because he tried to circumvent a prior suspension by using a sock account. He was like a criminal who violates probation. Bongino has only himself to blame.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Good riddance. Can't stand the guy. He's as dumb as rocks, but Trumpers are impressed with his biceps.

Very outspoken against vaccine mandates, this guy. He gave his employer, Cumulus Media an ultimatum -- cancel your mandate or he'll leave. Cumulus said, "bye". Bongino folded. Begged his way back into the company.

Way to stand up for your principals, pal. What a phony. Let him disappear off to some RWNJ echo chamber. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

I never even heard of the guy, but let's be real here... You can't support Joe Biden while calling other people dumb, because there is no one dumber than the pet rock president we have now. Aside from that, how much can you expect from anyone when your own savior spends most of his time sleeping and/or pooping himself?

Old 01-26-2022, 07:37 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,852,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Wrong. Bongino got booted off of YouTube because he tried to circumvent a prior suspension by using a sock account. He was like a criminal who violates probation. Bongino has only himself to blame.
But, Rumble is a separate outlet from YouTube. It's not even owned by Google. What gives them the right to ban them because he used a separate platform?

Old 01-26-2022, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
But, Rumble is a separate outlet from YouTube. It's not even owned by Google. What gives them the right to ban them because he used a separate platform?

Hey now, you're not supposed to question the motives of your supreme overlords, don't ya know

Just do as your told, vote for who you're told to vote for, comply or else... And you will own nothing and be happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies