Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 07:07 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
who...you??
My neighbor was worried about getting a job in the 80s. And she graduated with honors from a really good school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 07:10 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I'll post whenever I please...you can do whatever.
As I can, what's your point? Oh, nothing.

Quote:
You do know that politics isn't binary right?
Yep, but why do you only complain about those that you disagree with?

Quote:
There's a continuum...left to right.
Again, Yep, but why do you only complain about those that you disagree with?

Quote:
Oh, maybe you only thought Democrats and Republicans?
Have you read your responses above? Does not seem likely.

Quote:
Yeah, there are even more than just two parties - what have YOU been listening to?
Who gave your secret away?

Quote:
Besides FOX, that is.
This just proves you are nothing more than robot and the only thing you argue is what you told to argue.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:11 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This. Biden should have kept his mouth shut regarding his selection but the Democrats love to pander, just like the Republicans. However, like you said, Kavanaugh was nowhere near the best candidate out there and he was chosen for all the reasons you mentioned. His race and gender go without saying because you usually don’t get into that good-ole boys club without both.
Looks like there is no special category for drunks

Old 01-28-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I understand perfectly that for more than 200 years the Supreme Court was limited to white men because racists and sexists did not believe women or non-white people were capable of serving on the court.

I also understand perfectly that prior to LBJ having the guts to do it, no presidential candidate would have dared say he was going to nominate a woman or a non-white person because the candidate would have lost the election. That's pandering.
I agree.

But to the bold, are you saying biden is pandering? Just be honest.....

Old 01-28-2022, 07:24 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I agree.

But to the bold, are you saying biden is pandering? Just be honest.....
Biden, like every politician, is trying to score points with his constituency. If that's pandering, then yes.

There are undoubtedly liberal white men who would make perfectly acceptable SC justices to Biden and his supporters. But there are also qualified black women who can do the job and representation is important, both to the court itself and to people looking at the court. Biden is acknowledging that by saying he will choose a black woman for the spot and I appreciate his doing it.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Biden, like every politician, is trying to score points with his constituency. If that's pandering, then yes.

There are undoubtedly liberal white men who would make perfectly acceptable SC justices to Biden and his supporters. But there are also qualified black women who can do the job and representation is important, both to the court itself and to people looking at the court. Biden is acknowledging that by saying he will choose a black woman for the spot and I appreciate his doing it.
Yep, you may have finally got it. However, biden is now the president and campaigned on putting a black women on the SC.

Now, be honest, if trump would have said he's going to nominate a black woman...where would you stand?

Lets remember the hell that romney went through with his binder or women.....Oh maybe you don't remember that, quick google it and then get back with us.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:49 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Yep, you may have finally got it. However, biden is now the president and campaigned on putting a black women on the SC.

Now, be honest, if trump would have said he's going to nominate a black woman...where would you stand?

Lets remember the hell that romney went through with his binder or women.....Oh maybe you don't remember that, quick google it and then get back with us.
Before I reply, why must you be so freaking condescending?

I'm a liberal, so I would not have been (am not) happy with Trump's SC picks. I don't like ACB as a justice because I disagree with her jurisprudence, but I love the fact that there are still 3 women on the court and look forward to there being 4 with the new justice.

I thought the "binders full of women" criticism of Romney was overblown. He was sort of a dolt and it was a dumb and awkward thing to say, but I didn't think the remark deserved the criticism it received.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:52 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
As I can, what's your point? Oh, nothing.

Yep, but why do you only complain about those that you disagree with?

Again, Yep, but why do you only complain about those that you disagree with?

Have you read your responses above? Does not seem likely.

Who gave your secret away?

This just proves you are nothing more than robot and the only thing you argue is what you told to argue.
Hilarious with your robot-speak...you don't impress me much...toodles

Old 01-28-2022, 07:53 PM

37,165 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Well, if there are not any, why are you compiling about laws?
You’ll never know unless you search for them. I’ll give you a clue- google “Civil Rights Laws”.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:54 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Before I reply, why must you be so freaking condescending?

I'm a liberal, so I would not have been (am not) happy with Trump's SC picks. I don't like ACB as a justice because I disagree with her jurisprudence, but I love the fact that there are still 3 women on the court and look forward to there being 4 with the new justice.

I thought the "binders full of women" criticism of Romney was overblown. He was sort of a dolt and it was a dumb and awkward thing to say, but I didn't think the remark deserved the criticism it received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies