Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2022, 04:08 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,740,295 times

Advertisements

The judge is an idiot.

Why isn't the fact that he LIED on his job application relevant?

I don't know what the circumstances of his second-degree murder conviction was, but seeing that it took 13 years before he was paroled, doesn't seem like it was something that was 'accidental' and whatnot.

I pray the jury finds in favor of Amazon and Whole Foods. But seeing how this sick woke culture of ours has been the past years, I would not be surprised if they find them liable.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...155033562.html

Quote:
A federal judge said Amazon.com Inc and its Whole Foods unit can be sued over the refusal to hire a convicted murderer who claimed to be rehabilitated after nearly 23 years in prison.

In a Wednesday night decision, U.S. District Judge Valerie Caproni in Manhattan said Henry Franklin could pursue a proposed class action after being turned down for a grocery delivery job at Cornucopia Logistics, which serves Amazon and Whole Foods.

Amazon determined after a background check that Franklin had lied on his April 2019 job application by answering "no" when asked if he had a criminal record.

New York law bars employers from rejecting job applicants based on their criminal histories unless the crimes relate directly to the jobs sought, or hirings would pose an unreasonable risk to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 04:13 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,268,357 times
I thought all those ban the box laws made protections conditional upon disclosure.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:29 PM

27,707 posts, read 16,198,210 times
Obama appointed judge known for nsa surveillance abuse. Of course shes on the side of wrong

Old 01-27-2022, 04:35 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,250,466 times
New York law.....figures.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:39 PM

3,705 posts, read 4,866,447 times
Hell, if a convicted murderer applied for a job with me he would not be hired! I don't give a crap if he had served his time and was "rehabilitated"! I wouldn't even think about it. A simple reason would be that he is not qualified! How? Not murdering somebody would be a requirement. Another requirement would be knowledgeable in what would be involved as well as current/recent experience so 13 years in the slammer would rule any of that out as well.

Quite simple!

WTF is up with our judges now? Convicts and Illegals win over everybody else. F'n nuts!

Old 01-27-2022, 05:01 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,275,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The judge is an idiot.

Why isn't the fact that he LIED on his job application relevant?

I don't know what the circumstances of his second-degree murder conviction was, but seeing that it took 13 years before he was paroled, doesn't seem like it was something that was 'accidental' and whatnot.

I pray the jury finds in favor of Amazon and Whole Foods. But seeing how this sick woke culture of ours has been the past years, I would not be surprised if they find them liable.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...155033562.html
One again the "press" fuels the flames of conflict and confusion by not doing their jobs. The reason that the judge states that the fact that the applicant lied on their application does not qualify for a motion for dismissal is based, more or less, on court procedure and that point of fact isn't applicable at this point in the process.

In other words, if this goes to trial, there is a strong chance that Amazon will win anyway.

Last edited by austinnerd; 01-27-2022 at 05:13 PM..

Old 01-27-2022, 05:02 PM

6,740 posts, read 3,015,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
One again the "press" fuels the fires of conflict and confusion by not doing their jobs. The reason that the judge states that the fact that the applicant lied on their application does not qualify for a motion for dismissal is based, more or less, on court procedure and that point of fact isn't applicable at this point in the process.

In other words, if this goes to trial, there is a strong chance that Amazon will win anyway.
People really need to 'cancel' some of these "news" bloggers.

Old 01-27-2022, 05:11 PM

25,947 posts, read 18,937,421 times
How about the federal judge hire this guy as a babysitter for her kids, or a maid/butler in the home?

Old 01-27-2022, 05:11 PM

11,700 posts, read 6,115,084 times
Because I am so happy to have a murderer deliver my items when I am home alone at night. Yep. Thrilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies