Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 10:02 AM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,050,894 times

Advertisements

When I became a US citizen I swore, under oath, that I would protect and defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

So why are we allowing people to become American citizens that don't believe "in the experiment, that is America"??

Here is singer Neil Young, who recently became a US citizen, trying to use his wealth and power to suppress the 1st Amendment of the Constitution.

Sad......

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/0...or-censorship/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 10:08 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,558,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
When I became a US citizen I swore, under oath, that I would protect and defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.
We all make that same oath as immigrants.

I do not believe that Young was trying to suppress the 1st ammendment, which as I'm sure you know, as a fellow immigrant, relates to speech, religion, press, assembly, and the right to petition the government. Not whether you allow your musical back catalogue to share a platform with someone you believe to be a danger to society.

He made his ultimatum, he lost (rightfully so) and they've taken his music offline. Sounds pretty free to me?

Old 01-28-2022, 10:12 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,234,977 times
That oath aught to be required of every citizen when they get to voting age.

But, since the concept of 'melting pot' and assimilation into US culture has been undermined by the woke left - we are left with tribalism.

There can be no unification with that mind set - but this is exactly the agenda of wokesters.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:15 AM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
That oath aught to be required of every citizen when they get to voting age.

But, since the concept of 'melting pot' and assimilation into US culture has been undermined by the woke left - we are left with tribalism.

There can be no unification with that mind set - but this is exactly the agenda of wokesters.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:17 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
We all make that same oath as immigrants.

I do not believe that Young was trying to suppress the 1st ammendment, which as I'm sure you know, as a fellow immigrant, relates to speech, religion, press, assembly, and the right to petition the government. Not whether you allow your musical back catalogue to share a platform with someone you believe to be a danger to society.

He made his ultimatum, he lost (rightfully so) and they've taken his music offline. Sounds pretty free to me?
young was trying to get joe's program canceled on spotify by asking others to join his boycott of spotify and force spotify to remove rogan's "deadly misinformation" due to others removing their music, too. young was trying to limit joe's free speech.

Neil Young, “ I sincerely hope that other artists and record companies will move off the SPOTIFY platform and stop supporting SPOTIFY’s deadly misinformation about COVID. ”

Old 01-28-2022, 10:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
As an immigrant I celebrate Young's right to challenge a business he does business with based on their business practices. I celebrate Spotify's right to not give into his ultimatum

And, as much as I don't enjoy Rogan, I celebrate the ability for him to have a podcast.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
In my opinion, majority of American citizens want 'someone else' to do the work for them, (like law enforcement, military, border patrol, etc)...

Any situation where personal risk to their quality of life, and they will not take part

Old 01-28-2022, 10:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
young was trying to get joe's program canceled on spotify by asking others to join his boycott of spotify and force spotify to remove rogan's "deadly misinformation" due to others removing their music, too. young was trying to limit joe's free speech.

Neil Young, “ I sincerely hope that other artists and record companies will move off the SPOTIFY platform and stop supporting SPOTIFY’s deadly misinformation about COVID. ”
It's like everyone who called for a boycott of the NFL, NBA, CNN, Starbucks, M & M's, etc.

Being woke comes in all shapes and sizes and all along the political spectrum.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:24 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times
As Hitler was taking power in Germany, my father who was born in Germany, jumped ship from a German merchant marine ship in New York harbor. He then enlisted in the US Army (was not drafted), and returned to Germany to fight Nazism in his own birth country!

If you want to prove you believe in American values and want a fast track to US Citizenship, join the US military and prove it!

Old 01-28-2022, 10:32 AM

17,310 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post

So why are we allowing people to become American citizens that don't believe "in the experiment, that is America"??

Here is singer Neil Young, who recently became a US citizen, trying to use his wealth and power to suppress the 1st Amendment of the Constitution.

Sad......

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/0...or-censorship/
You may want to study the 1st amendment again. This is a dispute between private entities in a business transaction. Young didn't want his product associated with the same platform, so he pulled it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies