Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 12:19 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There is at least one bio-lab there.

Aug 2013 - The US is building a bioweapons lab in Kazakhstan
... adding on - This lab did studies on bat coronaviruses back in 2016 and 2017.

Apr 2019 - Discovery and Characterization of Novel Bat Coronavirus Lineages from Kazakhstan

Abstract

Coronaviruses are positive-stranded RNA viruses that infect a variety of hosts, resulting in a range of symptoms from gastrointestinal illness to respiratory distress. Bats are reservoirs for a high diversity of coronaviruses, and focused surveillance detected several strains genetically similar to MERS-coronavirus, SARS-coronavirus, and the human coronaviruses 229E and NL63. The bat fauna of central Asia, which link China to eastern Europe, are relatively less studied than other regions of the world. Kazakhstan is the world’s ninth largest country; however, little is understood about the prevalence and diversity of bat-borne viruses. In this study, bat guano was collected from bat caves in three different sites of southern Kazakhstan that tested positive for coronaviruses. Our phylogenetic reconstruction indicates these are novel bat coronaviruses that belong to the genus Alphacoronavirus. In addition, two distinct lineages of Kazakhstan bat coronaviruses were detected. Both lineages are closely related to bat coronaviruses from China, France, Spain, and South Africa, suggesting that co-circulation of coronaviruses is common in multiple bat species with overlapping geographical distributions. Our study highlights the need for collaborative efforts in understudied countries to increase integrated surveillance capabilities toward better monitoring and detection of infectious diseases.

Funding

This study was funded by a United States (US) Department of Defense Defense Threat Reduction Agency Cooperative Biological Research project KZ-33: MERS Coronaviruses (MERS-CoV) (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus): Surveillance and Detection in Kazakhstan (HDTRA1-08-D-008).

Old 01-31-2022, 07:10 AM

1,174 posts, read 550,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Of course, I like China. There is no reason to hate another country.
And if I had to, it would certainly be another country.
Whatever country you live in now needs to mark you as a threat. Hate for own country and love thy enemy. You sir should be labeled a traitor .

Old 01-31-2022, 07:50 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
This is a well-known fact in many former USSR republics. There were a lot of articles dedicated to this subject written by investigative journalists. This kind of secret biotechnological labs are not only in Kazakhstan. One of them is in Georgia. But the most interesting fact is that - several times the Russian customs service have found curls of human hair in the luggage of some western "tourists". They were confiscated and sent in a lab for the research. It appeared these curls belonged to the people of Slavic origin. The Russian secret services assumed that genetic material was being collected to create a bio-genetic weapon that would destroy people of only a certain ethnic group. A few years ago, at a conference on national security, Putin once hinted that the Russian intel was aware of the presence of such bio-laboratories in the territory of the former USSR. That is, the West was preparing a biological genocide against the Russians. Maybe this is the reason of so called "Russian aggression" against the Western values?

So why doesn't Putin report this in the media and throw light onto the issue for the world/NATO to see? Ans: he would, if these labs existed. The fact Putin doesn't expose him is proof enough for me this is propaganda.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:10 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Something that should be taken into account when considering any countries chemical/biological weapons capabilities is that despite the Hauge Accords research and development of such weapons never ceased. The US China and the former USSR now the Russian Federation all have beyond massive capabilities with chemical/biological weapons. Name something you want to do to the human body and it's guaranteed there is a weaponized agent to do it. That's hardly new.

We are and have been closer to the Doomsday Clock striking midnight via some engineered bug or another getting out than we are to a nuclear conflagration.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:31 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Whatever country you live in now needs to mark you as a threat. Hate for own country and love thy enemy. You sir should be labeled a traitor .

Old 01-31-2022, 10:17 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Sorry, that way of thinking is just too primitive for me.
I am a global citizen, I am on the side of good people with good values and goals.
I will certainly not side with a country that is evil, regardless whether that country's name is written on my passport.
Your attitude reminds me of Nazi-Germany, where those that helped the Jews were considered traitors.
I prefer to be a Schindler rather than a Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies