Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 02:16 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Excellent news

Yes, but unfortunately look for Brandon to use America's truckers as a "foil" to rail against and further divide the Nation.

I mean, he could listen to them and address their concerns - but how likely is that, really?

He'll probably go the way of the Canadian Castro.

I hope I'm wrong.

Old 02-21-2022, 02:30 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Yes, but unfortunately look for Brandon to use out truckers as a "foil" to rail against and further divide the Nation.

I mean, he could listen to them and address their concerns - but how likely is that, really?

He'll probably go the way of the Canadian Castro.

I hope I'm wrong.
Well, actually, I think it might have the opposite effect. As of the Maru poll as of February 14, only 29% of Canadians think that Trudeau took the right approach in handling the convoy protest.

https://www.marugroup.net/public-opi...eaus-troubleso

QUOTE FROM LINK, my italics: "with only one-in-six (17%) thinking he’s looked strong in acting to stop the ongoing truckers' protests, an equal number (17%) who think he’s used every opportunity to calm things down and find a solution, and just three-in-ten (29%) who think he’s acted like a prime minister should in the face of the protest." END QUOTE

However, February 14 was the day he invoked the Emergencies Act -- and from what I have read, most Canadians strongly disapproved of that.

I look forward to seeing a recent poll about that. (I did look and could not find one yet.)

Old 02-21-2022, 03:17 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,947,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
... unfortunately look for Brandon to use America's truckers as a "foil" to rail against and further divide the Nation.

Maybe they'll bribe him with ice cream.

Old 02-21-2022, 06:26 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times
The Freedom Convoy will be rolling to Arizona tomorrow!

Old 02-21-2022, 06:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Many places are already lifting covid restrictions. What are they trying to accomplish?
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 02-21-2022, 09:08 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times
Here's the link to the Trucker’s Declaration that explains what the Convoy is about:

https://thepeoplesconvoy.org/

Sounds like they want to see this country get back on track.

Old 02-21-2022, 10:34 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am never in favor of having innocent people suffer, but maybe if they did, the DC liberals and leftists would truly realize how much they owe to working class people like the truckers -- or at least how important they are.
Truckers are absolutely important. Why do you think the teamsters is one of the largest unions with over a million members. They are well paid with great benefits. The ones protesting are independent contractors, basically self employed.

Old 02-21-2022, 10:51 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Truckers are absolutely important. Why do you think the teamsters is one of the largest unions with over a million members. They are well paid with great benefits. The ones protesting are independent contractors, basically self employed.
And just as important

Old 02-21-2022, 11:12 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive always said...when the politicians and lawmakers in our PUBLICLY elected Govt, need 'protection' from the citizens...that in itself is a HUGE HUGE red flag, that something is very wrong.
Not sure I'd call it a "red flag"..... except in regard to the politicians. THEY'd better watch out, and probably change their ways while the people still let them.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:20 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
There seems to be quite a few of these American truck convoys.

------------------------------

https://dcist.com/story/22/02/21/tru...-restrictions/

FEB 21, 2022
1:41 PM
UPDATED 6:50 PM

Here’s What We Know So Far About Possible Trucker Convoy Protests Coming To D.C. Soon

by Margaret Barthel

A number of groups are organizing convoys of truckers to drive to D.C. to stage protests against pandemic restrictions, similar to those that have recently paralyzed Ottawa, the Canadian capital. That convoy blocked a key border crossing between Ontario and Michigan.

Online, the movement is decentralized, with a variety of organizations planning different driving routes and arrival times in D.C. The American Truckers Freedom Fund lists six routes on its website, departing for D.C. from as far away as Washington state, Ohio, and North Dakota. The People’s Convoy, another group organizing a drive to D.C., says it will start from Los Angeles on Wednesday and arrive in D.C. next week.

The American Truckers Freedom Fund routes also appear to be targeting next week for arrival of the convoys in D.C. Authorities in D.C. are preparing for possible disruptions to the State of the Union address on March 1, though some of the trucker groups are aiming to arrive after that date. Other groups appear to be planning to arrive this week.

The People’s Convoy, which plans to arrive in D.C. after the State of the Union, has emerged as one of the main organizing groups, according to Sara Aniano, a Monmouth University graduate student who specializes in far-right social media activity in the lead-up to January 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies