Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 03:13 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do you agree with her?
Nope. Not at all. ETA -- I don't agree with that other actress who said something about the procession either whom I had never heard of before. I just think we give gravitas to random people whose opinion we don't agree with when we come here and post about ut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 06:03 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Three possibilities. First is she only saw the first part of the meme before clicking to share. Second is an assistant assigned to her social media shared the meme as her. Third is she really is this stupid.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:12 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
"Shut up Janet!"

Old 02-03-2022, 06:18 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Just went through her Tweets and this is no where to be seen. Found this odd, the Tweet has this information on the bottom "5:53 PM · Feb 1, 2022·Twitter for iPhone", no other tweet on her page says Twitter for IPhone. Makes me wonder if someone faked this and put her name on it.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:24 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Just went through her Tweets and this is no where to be seen. Found this odd, the Tweet has this information on the bottom "5:53 PM · Feb 1, 2022·Twitter for iPhone", no other tweet on her page says Twitter for IPhone. Makes me wonder if someone faked this and put her name on it.
I hope so, don’t agree with her politics, but I like her as a actress

Old 02-03-2022, 06:24 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Sure, put down anyone you don't agree with. Her IMDb page tells a different story as she has been keeping busy in her 70s.

Susan Sarandon - IMDb
She's spouting populist political rhetoric with no basis in reality or fact.

It's like calling Joe Rogan "an idiot" because you don't agree with his public positions.

Mind you, all of this is just challenging public comment of famous people with lots of followers. I don't support canceling them over it, but calling them out? Sure, that's basic free speech and exchange of views.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:27 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/03/enter...ost/index.html

I guess ya just think it's "fake news".

So the only thing interesting at this point will be if you just disappear or if you concoct some other outlandish excuse or rationalization. I'll go with disappear.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:32 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Well, we all know how life is when viewed from the 22nd floor of a luxury apartment skyscraper in Manhattan.

It's been a very long time since Sarandon was down there, living on the street level.

Personally, I think no actor her age should engage in such things.
They all lost their perspective on life at the street level so long ago they are better off avoiding the fray altogether as best they can.

After all- Susan is 75 now. She's an old lady. It's time for her to be like Betty White and take things with less edge.

If she felt the need to slam the cops, I think she should have gone back to a couple of her old jobs she held before she caught the lucky break she needed as an actor.

She once cut hair and cleaned houses to pay her way through college, and to me, returning to those old experiences might have given her a different view than the one she's so accustomed to now.

I can say the same about Whoopi Goldberg. And quite a few others too.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
she's got thousands of retweets for Bernie sanders type stuff. it checks out.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:41 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/03/enter...ost/index.html

I guess ya just think it's "fake news".

So the only thing interesting at this point will be if you just disappear or if you concoct some other outlandish excuse or rationalization. I'll go with disappear.
You just love drawing conclusions because I made no such statement and Breitbart said it so it must be gospel. All I posted was that something on the alleged post doesn't match, take it for what you want but very often people fake posts on social media and try to pin it to someone who never said it...

Feel free to go back to your echo chamber...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies