Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 10:44 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,066,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
She's extreme but I'm looking forward to her and Trace Adkins in Monarch.
Sun in Fiery, shoot-from-the-hip Aries with a Scorpio Moon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 10:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
I agree that it was not a nice comment to make at such a time, but you have to understand the mindset behind it...if police are going to continually violate our Constitutional rights, then something drastic needs to happen to change that, if the govt/ lawmkers will not do that, its up to the citizens...this is America, its how citizens are supposed to react if their rights are being violated.

It comes down to enforcing bad laws, (or unconstitutional laws I should say)...Example...if you lived during the time of the Jim Crow laws...would you obey or comply with them? (because it was the law of the land)...of course not! And if police enforced those laws, they would be just as guilty as those who created the laws.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:08 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree that it was not a nice comment to make at such a time, but you have to understand the mindset behind it...if police are going to continually violate our Constitutional rights, then something drastic needs to happen to change that, if the govt/ lawmkers will not do that, its up to the citizens...this is America, its how citizens are supposed to react if their rights are being violated.

It comes down to enforcing bad laws, (or unconstitutional laws I should say)...Example...if you lived during the time of the Jim Crow laws...would you obey or comply with them? (because it was the law of the land)...of course not! And if police enforced those laws, they would be just as guilty as those who created the laws.
Turns out if you don't rob and kill the police don't try to arrest you and don't end up shooting you when you fail to comply

Old 02-04-2022, 01:37 AM

13,471 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:

We don't have a crisis of the police violating constitutional rights. We have isolated incidents so We don't need a drastic change at the expense of the people. That's 1 step forward and 2 backwards.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:10 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-jason-rivera/

Here's her tweet: https://twitter.com/SusanSarandon/st...46730908413954

Wow! It must be nice to be as wealthy as she is, not having to worry about crime. I wonder if she takes the Subway in NYC alone? I bet she feels like she's better than everyone else, like a God. Oh, wait! I think she does..... https://twitter.com/SusanSarandon/st...C9sdajltsoAAAA

Disgusting!
RIP - Jason Rivera and my thoughts are with his family, loved ones and colleagues.

It's a mark of respect, and the fact that police motorbike cops were there from forces across the US made for a fantastic sight.

It's only right that those who die in the line of duty are properly commemorated and that includes Emergency Workers (First responders), the Armed Forces and other such individuals who put their lives on the line for the safety of others in whatever capacity.

This is also not unique to the US or NYC, most countries pay their respects properly.

I think Sarandon should be made away that there are around a million LEO's in the US, and several thousand paying respect to a dead colleague does not mean they are not needed.

They also work shifts and have to cover for each other, so they are all not on duty at any one time, and are entitled to days off and to attend events.

5,000 Officers line the funeral route of Police Constable Keith Palmer in London, who was killed in the line of duty in 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9MD9TBX1SA

Last edited by Brave New World; 02-04-2022 at 06:27 AM..

Old 02-04-2022, 06:13 AM

10,491 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-jason-rivera/

Here's her tweet: https://twitter.com/SusanSarandon/st...46730908413954

Wow! It must be nice to be as wealthy as she is, not having to worry about crime. I wonder if she takes the Subway in NYC alone? I bet she feels like she's better than everyone else, like a God. Oh, wait! I think she does..... https://twitter.com/SusanSarandon/st...C9sdajltsoAAAA

Disgusting!
Seriously, we sure could use a Manson cult right about now to teach these celebrities a few lessons. Funny but it's true, they are the real PIGS in America.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:07 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Susan Sarandon issues apology to the families of two slain NYPD officers

Quote:
"I deeply regret the meme I recently shared on Twitter that included Officer Jason Rivera's funeral. I reacted quickly to the picture without connecting it to a police funeral and I realize now how insensitive and deeply disrespectful it was to make that point at that time. I sincerely apologize to the family of Officer's Rivera and Mora for causing additional pain during their time of grieving," Sarandon said in her statement.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/susan-...ial-media-post

Old 02-05-2022, 08:03 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Susan Sarandon issues apology to the families of two slain NYPD officers

https://www.theblaze.com/news/susan-...ial-media-post
That's one whopper of a lie she's putting out. "it was an accident" puh leaze.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:13 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:

Yes bad laws should be changed, but these officers who were shot down was there because the suspects mother was in fear of her life, not because they were forcing a bad law. She chose the time of when the force was honoring the fallen officers who died in the line of duty trying to descale a obvious dangerous domestic situation, to call them fascists. She’s a big hypocrite, because you know if she’s in danger they would be the first she would call.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:09 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Appearing films at her age doesn't excuse her from making vile comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies