Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 12:58 PM

2,284 posts, read 637,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Though I don't agree with vaccine mandates and manditory masking and am glad life is back to normal around me for those who wish to live normally, vaccines and boosters are not giving people ADE and not killing people in higher numbers.

Even if they get infected more easily, they are not dying. Plus who's to say why the vaccinated might be getting it more easily. Perhaps they are being more risky. In any case infection rates don't matter, only hospitalization rates and fatalities do.

Please stop obsessing over case counts. It's idiotic. You don't want to take the vaccine? Great, I support you, but sorry the science is not on your side... you all believe in vaccine conspiracy theories.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-uk-ons-says
Science is on no one's side. It's a process. That figure is some scientists guess (hopefully done honestly and not to sell vaccines), but doesn't mean it's true.

What does it mean? 93% less likely to die. Who? Which age? From what?

During the (very short) RCT vaccine trials, there were more deaths in the vaccinated arm vs the unvaccinated arm. Just those deaths were not from COVID but other causes.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:59 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
They either are incidentals or carry overs from the Delta wave. Given it takes on average 3 weeks from exposure to ICU bed, and that Omicron outcompeted Delta in the major cities sometime in December (you're in a small area, so maybe January for you, if it at all) and you get the picture.
Then prove your point as I did by giving a non-vaccination % for a big city coastal hospital.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:03 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Vaccines merely mean the virus is less severe, and don't stop people being infected.

In terms of the UK, a country of around 67 million people, so far over 138 million vaccine injections have been carried out.
The UK has 92% vaccinated and over 50% with the booster, which is counting a further 4.5 million teenagers aged 12-17.

But Joe Biden said, if we can just get everyone vaccinated we can "shut down this virus."

Old 02-05-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then prove your point as I did by giving a non-vaccination % for a big city coastal hospital.
My point is the vaccinated are catching COVID at twice the rate as unvaccinated in the UK when adjusted by age. What do you think my point is? US hospitalization and death data is garbage, and corrupted. We'd need to get down into the weeds and look at cause on death certificates, and use data for patients who caught the virus in January (to exclude Delta). Something no one has done.... Or I don't know of any study that has done it.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:10 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Visit the UK gov website here: https://assets.publishing.service.go...eek-2-2022.pdf

Go to page 43, table 12.

Cases reported by specimen date between week 50 2021 and week 1 2022.

The numbers are reported per 100,000 meaning they're rates, and it does not matter more Brits are now vaccinated vs not.

For 18-29 year olds, the vaccinated have a rate of 8,926.0 (/100,000) infections whereas the unvaccinated have only 4,058.9.
For 30 to 39 year olds, the vaccinated have a rate of 7,618.8 compared to 3,268.8.

And so on, view the table for yourself, it's shock.

They do caution you not to attempt to compute Vaccine Efficacy (which would be negative) with the following disclaimers:

So they try to explain twice the infections of among the vaccinated as they simply test more because they're more health conscious?

Since this is age adjusted, and vaccine rates are high among the age groups provided, point 2 won't make a big difference.

Point 4 is the only valid one, but then, doesn't that show that prior to infection is again far superior to vaccinated immunity? CDC disagrees!

So they are going to use healthy user bias in the other direction now? Notice that healthy user bias also applies to being vaccinated in the first place , but not really brought up there now is it. I don't care what people prove or do not prove in the vaccine debate. Da guberment and big frama da debate are pathological liars.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
So they are going to use healthy user bias in the other direction now? Notice that healthy user bias also applies to being vaccinated in the first place , but not really brought up there now is it. I don't care what people prove or do not prove in the vaccine debate. Da guberment and big frama da debate are pathological liars.
Of course. Btw, there was a study out of Ontario that showed the samething (negative efficacy) and they pulled it because they tried to adjust for vaccinated individuals living "riskier" lifestyles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies