Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 11:52 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times

Advertisements

The mayors/governors you put into office sign into laws bills such as NY's bail reform laws which make many arrested criminals eligible for release on the same day.

They also lower the penalty for stealing if the total value is $950 (or in other jurisdictions, $1,000).

They also push for not prosecuting certain crimes.

Since the 2020 terrorist riots, which saw billions of dollars in damage and the loss of many immigrant-owned businesses (I thought Koreans or Arabs had nothing to do with George Floyd dying), crime has risen. If you cared to look at the FBI's 2020 crime report, it shows increases in murder from 2019 - and this means more black on black crime. More blacks were murdered.

Don't you Democrat voters care about black lives?

And in more recent time, smash-and-grab mobs have attacked luxury stores in several cities. Criminals are so emboldened daytime carjackings now occur, including Minneapolis in NYC. Theft has forced chain stores (think Rite Aid, CVS, Duane Reade) to close locations because of losses.

More recently, these criminals targeted a luxury goods store at a mall in Westchester county, in White Plains, not far north from NYC.

This kind of rampant, apocalyptic criminality was unthinkable only a few years ago.

Do you want this? Do you want your kids to see this? Is this why you vote the way you do?

I want ONE good and honest and decent Democrat to explain to me why or how these policies, which are causing this, are worth it or somehow conducive to law and order.

YOU did this. Thanks for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 12:00 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Democrats are completely incapable of associating outcomes with actions. It's part of the cognitive dissonance epidemic that seems to afflict nearly all Democrats. I predict that the Dem voters who respond to the OP will fall into one of two categories:
1) They will deny crime has risen. They love denial when the facts don't fit their agenda. "Peaceful protests" anyone?
2) If they do acknowledge crime has increased, it's because of Trump. Always Trump.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:04 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Well Biden was in NYC the other day to address the rising crime stats and as predicted he did not blame the failed policies of the Far Left but he did blame guns.

Where a normal person with common sense sees a smash and grab thief as a criminal that should be locked up some on the Left see a young man that is a victim of systemic oppression and who is smothered by outright fear of "whitey".

The rising crime rate, the homeless problem, the border crisis and so many other issues are starting to hit home to people on the Left and they are taking notice. The question is will they demand change, vote for change or do what Biden does and shift the blame to guns, white supremacy and Trump supporters?

Old 02-05-2022, 12:07 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
I am advocating for incarceration. I am also willingly advocating taxes to pay for it.
not a democrat. not a republican. I think more of a RINO.
YMMV.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:13 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
The mayors/governors you put into office sign into laws bills such as NY's bail reform laws which make many arrested criminals eligible for release on the same day.

They also lower the penalty for stealing if the total value is $950 (or in other jurisdictions, $1,000).

They also push for not prosecuting certain crimes.

Since the 2020 terrorist riots, which saw billions of dollars in damage and the loss of many immigrant-owned businesses (I thought Koreans or Arabs had nothing to do with George Floyd dying), crime has risen. If you cared to look at the FBI's 2020 crime report, it shows increases in murder from 2019 - and this means more black on black crime. More blacks were murdered.

Don't you Democrat voters care about black lives?

And in more recent time, smash-and-grab mobs have attacked luxury stores in several cities. Criminals are so emboldened daytime carjackings now occur, including Minneapolis in NYC. Theft has forced chain stores (think Rite Aid, CVS, Duane Reade) to close locations because of losses.

More recently, these criminals targeted a luxury goods store at a mall in Westchester county, in White Plains, not far north from NYC.

This kind of rampant, apocalyptic criminality was unthinkable only a few years ago.

Do you want this? Do you want your kids to see this? Is this why you vote the way you do?

I want ONE good and honest and decent Democrat to explain to me why or how these policies, which are causing this, are worth it or somehow conducive to law and order.

YOU did this. Thanks for nothing.

racial riots are generational, the right rejects any conversation....last years riots were small compared to the 1960s so the country IS progressing slowly

Old 02-05-2022, 12:15 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I'm not a Democrat so I'm not the person you're asking to answer the question, however, this post reminded me of something.

I live near Denver and just the other day, the Democrat mayor spoke about the issues with crime and then said something along the lines of how it isn't a partisan issue. I laughed out loud, since at least for Denver and at the state level, Republicans control NOTHING. Republicans aren't the ones who are reclassifying various crimes, they aren't the DAs who are refusing to prosecute, and they aren't the ones who are out there demonizing the police every day. Yet somehow, the mayor thinks this isn't a partisan issue, when it's very clear that one party has made changes that have have a negative impact on the city.

Democrats just need to admit that they are soft on crime and they need to be okay with it. None of this "omg, it's not a partisan issue and we're not sure how to fix it." Just say "hey, we wanted this, and we like this. By bringing everyone down, our vision of "equity" is coming to life."

Old 02-05-2022, 12:16 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
racial riots are generational, the right rejects any conversation....last years riots were small compared to the 1960s so the country IS progressing slowly
When the other side of the conversation is, do what we want or we destroy everything, why should there be a conversation?

Old 02-05-2022, 12:29 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
No, you are incorrect.

The 2020 riots were terrorist acts and they targeted several cities. This was a coordinated effort to paralyze an already weakened America. They merely used George Floyd's death as an excuse. Black-owned, Asian-owned, Hispanic-owned businesses were destroyed.

As for the rest of my post which you ignored, that has nothing to do with race riots.

There's always been an underclass, but tough policing and laws made sure the underclass didn't cross certain lines. With defunding of police, leftist DAs who won't prosecute, and bail reform laws, the criminal underclass has been emboldened because they now believe (and not without reason) they can commit crimes with impunity.

You need to become more well-informed.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:18 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Democrats are completely incapable of associating outcomes with actions. It's part of the cognitive dissonance epidemic that seems to afflict nearly all Democrats. I predict that the Dem voters who respond to the OP will fall into one of two categories:
1) They will deny crime has risen. They love denial when the facts don't fit their agenda. "Peaceful protests" anyone?
2) If they do acknowledge crime has increased, it's because of Trump. Always Trump.
Great points-

Liberals ALWAYS DENY THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIER INSANE POLICIES.

You have liberals moving from liberal hell holes to more pleasant conservative areas, but they are too dense and arrogant to even consider the possibility that their voting idiocy is what destroyed the areas they are leaving.

THey just can't admit to themselves that"

high taxes
high crime
crappy schools
lots of illegals
invasion by homeless people
"woke" agendas in schools
constant barrage of racial identity politics

......................... are undesirable and not compatible with a pleasant life. They still support the BS policies that compelled them to move, but just want others to suffer from their idiocy. Liberals just KNOW BETTER AND WANT TO TELL OTHERS HOW TO LIVE, BUT WILL REFUSE TO LIVE BY THIER OWN RULES.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:30 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I'm not a Democrat so I'm not the person you're asking to answer the question, however, this post reminded me of something.

I live near Denver and just the other day, the Democrat mayor spoke about the issues with crime and then said something along the lines of how it isn't a partisan issue. I laughed out loud, since at least for Denver and at the state level, Republicans control NOTHING. Republicans aren't the ones who are reclassifying various crimes, they aren't the DAs who are refusing to prosecute, and they aren't the ones who are out there demonizing the police every day. Yet somehow, the mayor thinks this isn't a partisan issue, when it's very clear that one party has made changes that have have a negative impact on the city.

Democrats just need to admit that they are soft on crime and they need to be okay with it. None of this "omg, it's not a partisan issue and we're not sure how to fix it." Just say "hey, we wanted this, and we like this. By bringing everyone down, our vision of "equity" is coming to life."
well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies