Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 09:19 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,145,061 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure she's ready, but I like her energy. 2024 is a long way off still, so we'll see. Maybe '28 or '32 would be better timing for her.

I can't believe I'm talking about a potential candidate for the 2032 election. Crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 09:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The libs here seem scared of these ladies, so I need to learn more about them. The more a Republican scares Libs, the more I like that Republican. If the Libs dont hate my candidate, & if the Lib media isn't creating lies about them & attacking them daily, then that Republican candidate is not for me.
No, I simply go by how much the congressional candidate seems interested in returning my federal tax dollars to my town and state. If he or she talks of such things as the mark of the beast or other odd issues, then I know their interests lie elsewhere.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,691,477 times
Wow! A primary between Trump and Marjorie Taylor Greene. This would be a difficult choice. I'm glad I have plenty of time before having to make that choice.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, makes you wonder the education of some. Not trying to insult anyone, just trying to understand their logic. They had to know he had no chance.
Well, my nephew was like me and didn't like the Republican or Democrat candidate, so decided to show he wasn't a prejudiced white man by voting for Kanye. I felt the same way except I voted for the Libertarian candidate. I will continue voting the way as a protest vote for president if Republicans and Democrats still can't come up with good candidates in 2024. It won't be a wasted vote for me, because I won't have to ever say to myself, "I can't believe I was stupid enough to vote for that person for president" after he or she says or do something stupid.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:58 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've seen all the uproar and thought from all the posting MTG was a wack job - then I sat and listened to her on a Tim Poole podcast and found the woman to be quite intelligent. I see why she's noy popular with either Democrats or Republicans because she calls them out and holds them to the same standards like the roll call vote. She's spot on in thinking that since we pay these politicians salaries they should be at session and voting in person.

I do think she's make a good president but I don't think she's win because so many lies have been told about her. Right now - being DeSantis is likely to stay gov of Florida - Trump is the Republican's only option. If they plan on running someone else they better get going - same with Dems - they don't want to run Joe but they really don't have a good candidate though I'd consider Manchin, Sinema or Tulsi.

Before running for Congress, on her Facebook page, she repeatedly indicated support for executing prominent Democrat politicians:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/26/p...nce/index.html

You think someone who would do that would make a good President ?

Old 02-14-2022, 10:03 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,407,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Before running for Congress, on her Facebook page, she repeatedly indicated support for executing prominent Democrat politicians:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/26/p...nce/index.html

You think someone who would do that would make a good President ?
Id argue that cheating on your spouse would be disqualifying too, but Trump proved that wrong.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Wow, makes you wonder the education of some. Not trying to insult anyone, just trying to understand their logic. They had to know he had no chance.
So what ?

No one should care about being 'on the winning voting team'.

Nothing is more important than being able to reconcile one's decision morally.

I'm not saying Kanye fits that, and I didn't vote for him, but no one should have been able to reconcile voting for Trump, nor Biden, nor Hillary.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:15 PM

32,127 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
So what ?

No one should care about being 'on the winning voting team'.

Nothing is more important than being able to reconcile one's decision morally.

I'm not saying Kanye fits that, and I didn't vote for him, but no one should have been able to reconcile voting for Trump, nor Biden, nor Hillary.
So leave it blank then which I did. Don't vote for some random person.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, my nephew was like me and didn't like the Republican or Democrat candidate, so decided to show he wasn't a prejudiced white man by voting for Kanye. I felt the same way except I voted for the Libertarian candidate. I will continue voting the way as a protest vote for president if Republicans and Democrats still can't come up with good candidates in 2024. It won't be a wasted vote for me, because I won't have to ever say to myself, "I can't believe I was stupid enough to vote for that person for president" after he or she says or do something stupid.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
So leave it blank then which I did. Don't vote for some random person.

You can look through my posts.

I've often pointed out three alternatives in the same post.....voting third party, writing someone in, and leaving the POTUS and VPOTUS slots blank.

I'm not going to say that you did vote for Biden, but I find you indicating that you didn't hard to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies