Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 10:14 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
"Legitimate political discourse"...lol

It's astounding how far the cowards currently running the Republican party are willing to go to appease Trump. He can snap his fingers and have them do the most foolhardy, destructive things, contrary to the good of the nation, out of fear of his wrath.

Trump truly is the worst thing to happen to American politics so far this century and is a stain on America's legacy.
Yep. I would agree. He has completely corrupted a major political party in this country.

When truth no longer matters, our democracy is in jeopardy. Disciples of the Trump-GOP accept his claims without evidence. They live in a world of denial and ignorance of reality.

The misinformation, disinformation and lies, white nationalism and baseless conspiracy theories Trump peddled, for more than five years, are firmly implanted in Trump-Republicanism. These now are the foundation of this fascist-leaning, myth filled, defiant (formerly)grand old party.

Since 2015 the defeated and disgraced former POTUS devoured and devalued truth, science, morality, people of good character, democratic institutions and now our very democracy.

This has all led to the PREPOSTEROUS phrase Legitimate Political Discourse! Seven people died in connection with the attack, 140 police officers were hurt and 734 people have been prosecuted on charges ranging up to seditious conspiracy. Marauders sacked the Capitol for the first time since the War of 1812, threatening assassination, smashing, clubbing, defiling and defacing with more than $1.5 million in property damage to our sacred seat of democracy. But the Republican Party says it’s all legit. A seditious, prepared, and organized mob used brownshirt-style violence to try to prevent the United States Congress from certifying the results of a free and fair election. Just a bit of civil discourse.

The blind loyalty we are currently witnessing ---to a leader who has repeatedly been proven to be untrustworthy, unfair, irresponsible and who has flaunted his disrespect for citizenship and citizens---is mindboggling to those who utilize critical thinking. But it is the hallmark of mind bending cultism.

Under a self-serving, demagogic charlatan named Trump, the United States has joined the sad roster of backsliding democracies.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-10-2022 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: punctuation correction & spelling correction

Old 02-10-2022, 10:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
With all the evidence that is coming forth against Trump. What is taking so long to indict him? What he has done with his lies to persuade others to do his dirty work to overturn the election, then him calling Georgia's Republican election official Brad Raffensperger to "find" the amount of necessary votes needed for him to win the state of Georgia. I heard the conversation with my own ears!! This alone is enough for indictment!!

All this stuff they're finding out makes Watergate look like a walk in the park!! And with Watergate President Nixon resigned!! And they haven't indicted Trump yet?!? It just boggles my mind!!
Because what you consider evidence isn’t evidence/proof. Wanting him to be indicted because feelings doesn’t mean he’s guilty. It’s just hoping and wishing, much like the last almost 5 years.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yep. I would agree. He has completely corrupted a major political party in this country.

When truth no longer matters, our democracy is in jeopardy. Disciples of the Trump-GOP accept his claims without evidence. They live in a world of denial and ignorance of reality.

The misinformation, disinformation and lies, white nationalism and baseless conspiracy theories Trump peddled, for more than five years, are firmly implanted in Trump-Republicanism. These now are the foundation of this fascist-leaning, myth filled, defiant (formerly)grand old party.

Since 2015 the defeated and disgraced former POTUS devoured and devalued truth, science, morality, people of good character, democratic institutions and now our very democracy.

This has all led to the PREPOSTEROUS phrase Legitimate Political Discourse! Seven people died in connection with the attack, 140 police officers were hurt and 734 people have been prosecuted on charges ranging up to seditious conspiracy. Marauders sacked the Capitol for the first time since the War of 1812, threatening assassination, smashing, clubbing defiling and defacing with more than $1.5 million in property damage to our sacred seat of democracy. But the Republican Party says it’s all legit. Just a bit of civil discourse.

The blind loyalty we are currently witnessing ---to a leader who has repeatedly been proven to be untrustworthy, unfair, irresponsible and who has flaunted his disrespect for citizenship and citizens---is mindboggling to those who utilize critical thinking. But it is the hallmark of mind bending cultism.

Under a self-serving, demagogic charlatan named Trump, the United States has joined the sad roster of backsliding democracies.
Nah, it’s innocent until proven guilty. Feelings and disdain don’t equal guilty.

Old 02-11-2022, 05:44 AM

59,072 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Do you have proof of that? Don't think so.
"
  • Capitol security is not solely the responsibility of the House speaker. It is provided by the sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate, and by the Capitol Police.
  • The House sergeant-at-arms reports to the House speaker, or Pelosi at the time of the attack"
See, I can play the same game the dem, which includes most of the media, does.

It happened UNDER HER WATCH!

I can probably make a long list of things Trump was accused of being responsible for under his watch even though he did not have direct responsibility.

What was it, "The buck stops here"!

"What is good for the goose.....!

"Don't think so." How does that crow taste? Maybe you should do less "thinking" AND do MORE research BEFORE making such snide remarks.
And we are ahe UN-educated!

Old 02-11-2022, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What a total crock. I challenge you to find one single Democrat in office, or even in this forum who defends any riot.

The rioters weren't Democrats. They don't identify with any party, they vandalized the DNC and they rioted when Biden was inaugurated. You're being duped by your right-wing handlers.

Capitol rioters on the other hand wore Trump hats and carried Trump flags, and chanted Trump slogans.

Big difference. More and more Republicans are now calling it a "violent insurrection", including McConnell. The Republican party is cratering before your eyes and you know it.
" I challenge you to find one single Democrat in office, or even in this forum who defends any riot."

"they are not riots, just peaceful protests".

By NOT not speaking out AGAINST them, or doing anything to stop them, you ARE defending them!

Old 02-11-2022, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What a total crock. I challenge you to find one single Democrat in office, or even in this forum who defends any riot.

The rioters weren't Democrats. They don't identify with any party, they vandalized the DNC and they rioted when Biden was inaugurated. You're being duped by your right-wing handlers.

Capitol rioters on the other hand wore Trump hats and carried Trump flags, and chanted Trump slogans.

Big difference. More and more Republicans are now calling it a "violent insurrection", including McConnell. The Republican party is cratering before your eyes and you know it.
"You're being duped by your right-wing handlers."

"Pot, meet kettle", as they say!

Old 02-11-2022, 08:02 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You're posting from there I take it. Is Biden* treating you right or is he getting a little gropey?
Too be honest, I was a republican my whole life, until the last administration. I am now an Independent.

As for Biden, we could do a way better. But at least Biden is not a con-man, a cheat, a compulsive liar, or a narcissist like Trump.

There is a reason Trump doesn't reveal his taxes and that is because he has a lot to hide!! He threatens to sue the schools he's attended if his test scores are ever revealed because this will show his low intelligence level.

I really don't need to see his test scores to know he is not the sharpest pencil in the group. The way he speaks tells me his vocabulary is very limited and is that of a 9th grader.

I honestly feel Trump ran for Presidency not to serve us, but to figure out how he can use the office of the presidency for his own personal benefit. I also feel he would sell out our country if it meant he could build a hotel in China, Russia or even in North Korea. Perhaps that is why he has "love letters" from Kim Jong-un.

But keep on sending those donations to him so he can figure out his devious ways of transferring campaign money to his personal account. Like perhaps renting a "campaign office" in one of his own buildings at oh.... lets say $60,000 a month, and only have a chair and a desk in it.

Is that enough of an answer?

Old 02-11-2022, 08:09 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Because what you consider evidence isn’t evidence/proof. Wanting him to be indicted because feelings doesn’t mean he’s guilty. It’s just hoping and wishing, much like the last almost 5 years.
Oh but the evidence Trump had for a rigged election was enough to warrant a violent insurrection where people died!! Please, give me a break!!

The history books WILL reveal Trump was the most corrupt president in the history of the Unites States of America.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:20 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Too be honest, I was a republican my whole life, until the last administration. I am now an Independent.

As for Biden, we could do a way better. But at least Biden is not a con-man, a cheat, a compulsive liar, or a narcissist like Trump.

There is a reason Trump doesn't reveal his taxes and that is because he has a lot to hide!! He threatens to sue the schools he's attended if his test scores are ever revealed because this will show his low intelligence level.

I really don't need to see his test scores to know he is not the sharpest pencil in the group. The way he speaks tells me his vocabulary is very limited and is that of a 9th grader.

I honestly feel Trump ran for Presidency not to serve us, but to figure out how he can use the office of the presidency for his own personal benefit. I also feel he would sell out our country if it meant he could build a hotel in China, Russia or even in North Korea. Perhaps that is why he has "love letters" from Kim Jong-un.

But keep on sending those donations to him so he can figure out his devious ways of transferring campaign money to his personal account. Like perhaps renting a "campaign office" in one of his own buildings at oh.... lets say $60,000 a month, and only have a chair and a desk in it.

Is that enough of an answer?
So let me get this straight for the record since you open the can of worms. You were a Republican when the party was into illegals wars, selling arms to terrorists, ignoring mass illegal immigration for cheap labor and outsourcing our jobs with bad trade deals after another but you left the party because Trump didn't live up to that standard?

Then to add more insult you praise Biden who has been a leech in government since 1973 with bad laws after bad laws getting richer with illegal wars, open borders, abortions on demand, selling out to China and a real racist that is the grandfather of mass black incarceration and for school segregation when he joined racists in the Senate to pass the bills.

You know how silly your post is? If you left the Republican party, then the party is better. A former Republican that praises Biden and says he is not not a con-man, a cheat, a compulsive liar, or a narcissist. LMAO! Biden has been lying since 1973. Just in the last year he said that the Vaccine prevents you of getting the virus or spreading. He then said that the Georgia new I.D. voting laws are Jim Crow on steroids. The list is long since 1973. If that's not a lie on steroids then I don't what is.

An ex-republican that voted for Biden. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:31 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:

The history books WILL reveal Trump was the most corrupt president in the history of the Unites States of America.

TDS on steroids. Trump never started a war for profit, he didn't govern under slavery, or push for abortions on demand, or stole land from the Natives or force a drug on people with lies and made threats against them in how they make a living if they didn't follow. Trump didn't sell arms to terrorists to fund an illegal war in some 3rd world country that resulted in the deaths of many and the profit of a few. Trump didn't sell our working class to China.

You either have a bad case of TDS or bad American history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies