Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 11:42 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
I wouldn't say I ignored them, but I do feel like the mob has made up its mind on this one.

I'm very close to this industry and know what it takes to move high visibility individuals from point a to point b (regardless of how you feel about them). Commercial doesn't make sense, never has, never will. As I said before, we're making a mountain out of a molehill because we dont like her.
She made the mountain and then climbed to the top of it to preach to the "underlings" how everyone has to do their part for Climate Change.

High Profile Movie Stars fly Commerical Every day. Even "Senator" Biden rode the rails every weekend if you want to believe what he is telling us. Airports are supposed to be a secured area, so it is probably one of the few areas where she would actually be safer without much(if any) extra effort. There is no "logistical" reason she could not fly on a commercial flight.

You are right a lot of people don't like her. But it is because of this type of hypocrisy as to why they don't like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 11:50 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You are in here telling us "conservatives" that we need to be "nicer" and stop nit picking.

I want you to go into all the threads that are bashing "conservatives" and tell them they don't need to nitpick so much and to be better people.
I do and I have. That said, I try not to waste my time convincing those who are already convinced. Which seems to be the cases here...

Old 02-07-2022, 12:13 PM

23,981 posts, read 15,086,618 times
This is another thing the congress needs to handle when they finish passing the no stock trades. How many times should a congressperson return to the district on the taxpayer's dime. Now the speaker can do what they please.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Cmon people, this is easy, Sure Pelosi is concerned with climate change, but what people forget...she is from the Elite class, the climate change issues she wants to change, ONLY effect the peasants, naturally, the elite class would be exempt.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:20 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Me neither, provided that my tax dollars aren't paying for it. There's about a zero percent chance she's paying for this out of pocket.
Paid for by her campaign, not tax dollars, according to both the link in the OP and Fox.

Quote:
According to campaign filings with the Federal Election Commission, Pelosi’s campaign paid a Virginia-based private aviation provider, Advanced Aviation Team, over $437,000 between October 2020 and December 2021 and over $65,000 to Clay Lacy Aviation, a California-based private jet provider.
Pelosi spent over $500K on private jets despite claiming ‘we have a moral obligation’ to reduce emissions

Old 02-07-2022, 12:30 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
uh.. it's the aircraft (private ones, in this case) that are producing tons and tons of supposedly horrible CO2. and they wouldn't be flying unless nancy wanted them to.

what a sad attempt to carry water for nancy p. lousy.

commercial carriers.
Private or commercial makes no difference. The jet engines on them all are creating the pollution.

There's nothing passengers can do about it.

I'm not crying water for anyone. The facts are the facts. If you don't want the jet engines to contaminate the air we all share, take it up with the engine manufacturers.

That's where your gripe is.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:38 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Private or commercial makes no difference. The jet engines on them all are creating the pollution.

There's nothing passengers can do about it.

I'm not crying water for anyone. The facts are the facts. If you don't want the jet engines to contaminate the air we all share, take it up with the engine manufacturers.

That's where your gripe is.
I'm sure Pelosi makes numerous cross-country flights from her home state California to D.C.

Problem is, she can take a commercial flight which is already in the air polluting, instead of placing another jet in the air. Now you have a additional unessisariy flight polluting.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:48 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
I dislike a lot (nearly everything) she does.

But nitpicking travel is childish.

How would you prefer she fly?
commercial obviously.
don't preach about climate change and fly private that's a joke.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:49 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say I ignored them, but I do feel like the mob has made up its mind on this one.

I'm very close to this industry and know what it takes to move high visibility individuals from point a to point b (regardless of how you feel about them). Commercial doesn't make sense, never has, never will. As I said before, we're making a mountain out of a molehill because we dont like her.
commercial makes perfect sense and it's 2022 not 1922 it's plenty easy to get her anywhere she needs to be commercially.
Point is don't preach to people to make a million sacrifices that combined will save less energy than she would by not flying private.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:50 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Cmon people, this is easy, Sure Pelosi is concerned with climate change, but what people forget...she is from the Elite class, the climate change issues she wants to change, ONLY effect the peasants, naturally, the elite class would be exempt.
She is the modern day Marie Antoinette, “Let hem eat cake” peasants!

Why don’t they just do zoom conferences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies