Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the government demanded we all put a chip in our bodies so they always know where we are, would y
No 162 89.50%
Yes 19 10.50%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 06:54 PM

45,248 posts, read 26,488,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Sounds reasonable to me. It would save the lives of countless missing children and the occasional senile oldster that hops in the Pontiac to run errands, but gets lost.

And if your spouse claims they are "working late at the office", when you suspect they are up to no good, wouldn't it be nice to prove where the really were?

I see a lot of benefits to this program with zero downside. When can we start?
sorry your spouse cheated on you. I cant imagine why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 06:56 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
Why would the government do that? We have cell phones for that. So its basically a nonsensical what if.

What if Tump declared he won the election despite losing? At least that is reality based.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:01 PM

30,193 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
If the government demanded we all (including your kids) put a chip in our bodies so they always know where we are, would you agree to do it?

Government tells you this is in the country's best interest and needs everyone to do it. The chip is not harmful to anyone. Would you be willing to give up your freedom and do as the government demands?
They don't need to do that. Your phone already serves that purpose. Add to that license plate readers that are all over. And also add the Insurance company trackers that many people install to save a few bucks on their car insurance. If the government wants to know where you are or where you have been very easy for them.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:47 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Who needs a chip when many put their whole life on social media, which I find bizarre.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:49 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNotChooseLife View Post
What's stopping you from getting chipped now? You could be like one of those animals on national geographic. We could come to your rescue if you were ever to get tangled up in those harmful plastic rings they use for a 6 pack of cans.
You just made me choke on my chocolate milk.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:52 PM

5,907 posts, read 6,119,813 times
I already leave my phone at home half the time because phone locations get tracked against our own will, so you can guess my answer.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:59 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,840,581 times
Quote:
If the government demanded we all (including your kids) put a chip in our bodies so they always know where we are, would you agree to do it?

Government tells you this is in the country's best interest and needs everyone to do it. The chip is not harmful to anyone. Would you be willing to give up your freedom and do as the government demands?
So........I read on CD that the Covid vaccines were used to put these tracking devices in us.

That didn't happen?

My conspiracy-theory friends are gonna be so upset!

What next!

Old 02-15-2022, 10:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Inserting chips into a person body wouldnt be effective anyway, there are a few ways to disable the chip and the trackers would not be the wiser.

Old 02-15-2022, 11:13 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,814,300 times
No but then I'm pro choice so this thread may not be directed towards me.
Quote:

I miss Trump so much. I miss normal. I never worried and the country was on auto pilot to doing good things.
However that doesn't mean I agree with you here. As much as I hate the threat of vaccine mandates, I wouldn't substitute one kind of chaos for another.

I'm sure we're all already tracked anyway with things like smartphones but a chip is probably more powerful or I would be more hyper aware of it. I'd live my life constantly feeling like I'm on display. I'd never be able to do anything in my own room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The chip will be much more powerful than the cellphone. The chip will be able to receive frequencies and they actually have the technology to put thoughts in your brain that aren't yours. No, this isn't science fiction. They already have the technology.
Really? They invent this stuff and yet the uses they have for it is ridiculous. Imagine if that chip could make you alert when you needed to be, could hypnotize you into being more desirable to someone you have feelings/attraction for, help you remember where you put lost things but will they let you use it for that? No because they only care about what's good for them not for the consumer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post

But if there is a chip that enables me to send a tweet merely by thinking, I may go for that, and let's see what kind of trouble I'll get into and how quickly.
Nah..that would be too much chaos for me. Can I have one where I can telepathically send a message to someone when I choose? I suppose the downside is if everyone can do that I would no longer have the advantage that it would provide though but hopefully there was a way to prevent that obstacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You have the right to your opinion, even is it is wrong.

The truckers have a choice. They can get vaxxed or find new employment.
I presume because you think the truckers have marketable talents/abilities that would allow them to easily get another job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who needs a chip when many put their whole life on social media, which I find bizarre.
I don't..especially not on FB. I don't even really post there at all. But I'm sure that many people do.

Old 02-15-2022, 11:45 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,258,473 times
The fact that 14 people said is troubling. Just shows how brain washed they are by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies