Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2022, 05:36 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times

Advertisements

wow bold move from Toronto aka Moscow west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 05:36 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Cool story. Over 2,500 people died yesterday alone from COVID. Im sure they would all agree with you.
It's weird that we are still having so many people die from the weakest variant yet, I had it and felt bad for about an hour and that was it and I've felt fine ever since. Virtually everyone I know had it and it wasn't as bad as the flu usually is for most.

So why are we still having so many people die from this weak sauce variant? My theory is it's because we have so many obese unhealthy people with multiple comorbidities.

I've been saying since the beginning is get your body and immune system as healthy as you can for your best defense. Who knows if the so-called vaccines will protect against the next deadly variant? Didn't work worth a damn against Omicron.

Getting back to Trudeau, I now put him in the same category with Hitler and Stalin.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:54 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,711,723 times
Basically Trudeau is invoking Martial Law 2.0 because (1) he's butthurt that the money has kept flowing even after they shut down gofundme and hacked givesendgo, and (2) the tow truck operators are refusing to do his bidding

So he's going to arbitrarily take away people's bank accounts and order tow truck drivers to tow the big rigs

The showdown is ALL about if the tow truck operators refuse and go to jail to make a stand, or if they bend both knees in front of Trudeau

Last edited by BlakeJones; 02-15-2022 at 06:39 AM..

Old 02-15-2022, 06:02 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Basically Trudeau is invoking Marshall Law 2.0 because (1) he's butthurt that the money has kept flowing even after they shut down gofundme and hacked givesendgo, and (2) the tow truck operators are refusing to do his bidding

So he's going to arbitrarily take away people's bank accounts and order tow truck drivers to tow the big rigs

The showdown is ALL about if the tow truck operators refuse and go to jail to make a stand, or if they bend both knees in front of Trudeau
Some believe Trudeau was “sent for” when he faked covid and told in no uncertain terms to end the freedom protest by people higher up the food chain than himself.
Looking more plausible all the time.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:10 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's weird that we are still having so many people die from the weakest variant yet, I had it and felt bad for about an hour and that was it and I've felt fine ever since. Virtually everyone I know had it and it wasn't as bad as the flu usually is for most.
Everyones experiences on this vary. While I have had 2 people I know die, I know FAR more who caught it and it was sniffles. or a bad flu.

Quote:
So why are we still having so many people die from this weak sauce variant? My theory is it's because we have so many obese unhealthy people with multiple comorbidities.
People like me who is still recovering from his chemotherapy for example? I mean its nice blaming comorbidities, but these are still human beings.

Quote:
I've been saying since the beginning is get your body and immune system as healthy as you can for your best defense. Who knows if the so-called vaccines will protect against the next deadly variant? Didn't work worth a damn against Omicron.
Except it makes a HUGE difference in how sever Omicron is, and a significant difference in your chances of catching it. So yeah......didnt work worth a damn. LOL.

Quote:
Getting back to Trudeau, I now put him in the same category with Hitler and Stalin.
you should be ashamed. Comparing this to the millions killed by them? You should be ashamed.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:25 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Cool story. Over 2,500 people died yesterday alone from COVID. Im sure they would all agree with you.
Okay. Life is risky. How many died of the flu, or cancer? The fact is that nearly all the COVID deaths have been people who had the Delta variant, along with four to six comorbidities. That means many died with COVID, not because of it.

This is about mandating people to take a vaccine that doesn’t confer lasting immunity, nor does it prevent people from catching or spreading COVID. So the mandates are useless.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:32 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
FYI, some posters are misspelling MARTIAL law. Here is the definition followed by more info about "martial" vs. "marshal" (or Marshall):

martial law

/ˈˌmärSHəl ˈlô/
noun
military government, involving the suspension of ordinary law.
"unlike the previous military interventions, the general did not declare martial law"

https://grammarist.com/spelling/marshal-martial/

Again, just FYI.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:35 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Okay. Life is risky. How many died of the flu, or cancer? The fact is that nearly all the COVID deaths have been people who had the Delta variant, along with four to six comorbidities. That means many died with COVID, not because of it.

This is about mandating people to take a vaccine that doesn’t confer lasting immunity, nor does it prevent people from catching or spreading COVID. So the mandates are useless.
So it is.
They'll bring up travel passports, seat belts and motorcycle helmets, but we aren't allowed to mention people dying from a myriad of reasons other than covid ( many of them preventable)

Old 02-15-2022, 06:37 AM

10,833 posts, read 4,513,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
FYI, some posters are misspelling MARTIAL law. Here is the definition followed by more info about "martial" vs. "marshal" (or Marshall):

martial law

/ˈˌmärSHəl ˈlô/
noun
military government, involving the suspension of ordinary law.
"unlike the previous military interventions, the general did not declare martial law"

https://grammarist.com/spelling/marshal-martial/

Again, just FYI.

god forbid they invoke MARITAL law.....shudder

Old 02-15-2022, 06:37 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
As of today under this order. — tow trucks must comply or their Bsnk Accounts are Frozen. More than thst - IF the Bank suspects the Towing company has supported the Freedom Convoy, their accounts are supposed to be Frozen. Any Socisl Media support by any Canadian puts your .bank Account at risk. The Trudeau Goverment has been monitoring all Social media.

Remarks by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance regarding the Emergencies Act

Second: the government is issuing an order with immediate effect, under the Emergencies Act, authorizing Canadian financial institutions to temporarily cease providing financial services where the institution suspects that an account is being used to further the illegal blockades and occupations. This order covers both personal and corporate accounts.

Third: we are directing Canadian financial institutions to review their relationships with anyone involved in the illegal blockades and report to the RCMP or CSIS.

As of today, a bank or other financial service provider will be able to immediately freeze or suspend an account of an individual or business affiliated with these illegal blockades without a court order. In doing so, they will be protected against civil liability.

Federal government institutions will have a new broad authority to share relevant information with banks and other financial service providers to ensure that we can all work together to put a stop to the funding of these illegal blockades.

This is about following the money. This is about stopping the financing of these illegal blockades. We are today serving notice: if your truck is being used in these protests, your corporate accounts will be frozen. The insurance on your vehicle will be suspended. Send your semi-trailers home. The Canadian economy needs them to be doing legitimate work, not to be illegally making us all poorer.

I do believe that Trudeau and Freeland will be facing a Run on Banks. The early bird gets their money.

The premiers of Quebec, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba have come out in opposition.
They are joined by the New York Times in a surprising editotisl. This Trudeau Order is dangerous.
Now NYT backs the truckers: Editorial Board says 'allowing nonviolent protest is important in a polarized society' and reminds Trudeau that he supported farmers blocking highways in India for a full year - Daily Mail UK

I am reposting your entire post but I am responding toI your comment, "I do believe that Trudeau and Freeland will be facing a Run on Banks. The early bird gets their money." That occurred to me before I fell asleep last night, so I was a little surprised to see that occurred to some else, also.

I am fearful that this could have severe repercussions/ramifications not just in Canada but even possibly the U.S., as it seems to me that the Biden administration and the Trudeau administrations think alike.

Once again, I hope that I am being unnecessarily paranoid and therefore ridiculous!

P.S. This post is a duplicate of one on the main "Truckers protest in U.S. and Canada" thread. I actually think this is appropriate for THIS thread, although it certainly is relevant to both threads. I am wondering if the two threads should now be merged???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies