Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2022, 07:30 AM

30,306 posts, read 23,784,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
In an interview, the black kid mentioned something to the effect that the incident was traumatizing to him and has impacted him mentally. Whether true damages or not, I expect he will get some sort of settlement. I also suspect both officers will at least be suspended, and possibly be fired or resign.
He didn't seem 'traumatized' when he smacked the white kid's hand away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 09:11 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,893,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Again, the cuffing of the black kid was in no way inappropriate. He wasn’t injured, and his civil rights weren’t violated. Being “traumatized” over being cuffed as a result of a fight isn’t going to get him a check.

Nothing will happen to the officers, as they did nothing wrong.
I know you keep repeating this, and I’m not saying you are wrong. I just personally believe he will end up receiving a settlement and I believe both cops will be disciplined.

No matter what evidence you keep repeating, you will not change my opinions on this. We will just have to wait and see what happens….

Old 02-19-2022, 09:12 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,893,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
He didn't seem 'traumatized' when he smacked the white kid's hand away.
Nope. He mentioned he was traumatized about the experience with the police officers after the fight was initiated.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:22 AM

13,835 posts, read 8,053,706 times
Given there were other teens there and given the fight didn't start until after some jawing between the two boys I'm surprised additional video footage hasn't surfaced. Plenty of time for kids to whip out their cell phones and start recording.

Old 02-19-2022, 10:38 AM

15 posts, read 3,718 times
I still don’t understand why the male officer went after the black kid in that situation. It makes no sense to handcuff the person that’s being attacked first.

Old 02-19-2022, 10:46 AM

900 posts, read 376,610 times
The images speak for themselves... It is no wonder that blacks have increasingly elected representatives who are undermining the police in their municipalities, taking away investments, reducing the number of new police officers.... If 13% of the population of a country You can't trust your security forces... this nation is doomed to decline and an unprecedented scale of violence. The American police need to regain the respect and appreciation of the black American population if they want to survive as an institution... because if this continues, they will tend to lose more and more.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:27 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,789,306 times
Quote:
Again, the cuffing of the black kid was in no way inappropriate. He wasn’t injured, and his civil rights weren’t violated. Being “traumatized” over being cuffed as a result of a fight isn’t going to get him a check.

Nothing will happen to the officers, as they did nothing wrong.
From a public relations perspective the optics of a black child protecting a younger smaller child being cuffed for 30 minutes while the white child who was harassing the smaller child is not handcuffed is really poor. A lot of people don’t like children being treated that way and public servants answer to the public. Like the police you appear to see the white kid as a good kid and the black kid as a criminal regardless of the actual circumstances.That is emotionally traumatizing for the black child. Somebody is gonna write check.

Old 02-19-2022, 02:51 PM

10,785 posts, read 5,706,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
From a public relations perspective the optics of a black child protecting a younger smaller child being cuffed for 30 minutes while the white child who was harassing the smaller child is not handcuffed is really poor.
When evidence of that becomes available, let it become part of the conversation.

Quote:
A lot of people don’t like children being treated that way and public servants answer to the public. Like the police you appear to see the white kid as a good kid and the black kid as a criminal regardless of the actual circumstances.That is emotionally traumatizing for the black child. Somebody is gonna write check.
Quote what I’ve said that leads you to that nonsensical, unsupported conclusion.

Old 02-19-2022, 03:15 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,789,306 times
Quote:
When evidence of that becomes available, let it become part of the conversation.

Quote what I’ve said that leads you to that nonsensical, unsupported conclusion.
This your quote. Please explain how this quote relates to the subject at hand regarding the white kid and the black kid.

“Let me ask you, if you come upon a group that by all outward appearances appear to be thugs, would you assess a greater likelihood of thug behavior from them compared to encountering another group that by all outward appearances are on their way to church choir practice?

You call it ‘race role conditioning,’ I call it an important survival skill.”

Old 02-19-2022, 03:57 PM

10,785 posts, read 5,706,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
This your quote. Please explain how this quote relates to the subject at hand regarding the white kid and the black kid.

“Let me ask you, if you come upon a group that by all outward appearances appear to be thugs, would you assess a greater likelihood of thug behavior from them compared to encountering another group that by all outward appearances are on their way to church choir practice?

You call it ‘race role conditioning,’ I call it an important survival skill.”
It was an example related to the “race role conditioning” comment. It had nothing to do with the instant case.

RIF, as well as the ability to actually understand what one reads. . .

I haven’t written a single thing that a reasonable person could interpret as “black boy bad, white boy good.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies