Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 06:08 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Cause you guys demanded you didn't have to do that. But now, you want to submit all generations after you to these never ending morality tests. Credit scores are because boomers realized they didn't have to pay bills and didn't thus credit scores...

Working now doesn't give you enough to live (so boomers that are left or getting pensions can get high salary / pension amounts)

Boomers won't leave the workforce.

Boomers demand everyone shelter in place so they don't get the sniffles. So people can't work.

Boomers visit the doctor every 10 seconds so they will be as healthy as a horse, but the rest of us, good luck getting health insurance or an appointment, but the boomers will make sure they get medicare / medicaid off our backs...
Eh...haters gonna hate...didn't someone from YOUR generation say that?

Why do you even need to see the doctor? Aren't you young, vital, and healthy? And you don't believe in allopathic medicine anyway....so...take some supps and you'll be fine.

I thought it was old people who were supposed to be the bitter ones - it's gonna be hell for you in another 20 years since it's only going downhill.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:09 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I’m sitting here reading that we just walked right into jobs right out of college with no effort at all.
Yep, it's amazing how much these kids knew about how easy it was for their parents. Some weren't even alive yet, but somehow know everything about how easy jobs were.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:15 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes absolutely. They have destroyed this country and everything millions fought to give them.

They have gotten everything their way forever and don't care who it hurts.

Perfect example 55+ housing. If they weren't so crazy selfish they would realize this makes it very difficult for their children to get good housing. Not to mention that it is age discrimination now they are older.... but they don't care.

Most of the boomers strive to give themselves as much as possible and leave nothing for their kids.
How do you know this to be true?

I am not trying to attack your character, but it looks like your anger is towards your parents. Just an assumption.

I am a Millennial, although I admit some older folks can be quite arrogant, I just believe this has something to do with their individual personality. Plus, boomers are much older than us, if they care to give an advice or two, why not just listen to it and just be respectful?

Old 02-17-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I am not trying to attack your character, but it looks like your anger is towards your parents. Just an assumption.

I am a Millennial, although I admit some older folks can be quite arrogant, I just believe this has something to do with their individual personality. Plus, boomers are much older than us, if they care to give an advice or two, why not just listen to it and just be respectful?
She doesn't know. This thread is more about throwing out a lot of opinionated stuff against a wall and hoping something sticks

Old 02-17-2022, 06:19 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I think it's personal for some of these posters. too. I know many Boomer and older Gen-X parents who have bent over backwards to give their kids a leg up. My spouse and I certainly have! We saved aggressively from the time they were born for college, so they could graduate with no debt. We allowed them to stay on our health care insurance, so they could put more money into a 401k in those important first years of professional life. We invited them to live at home for a year or so after college in order to build a generous financial cushion. We've done lots of things to ease the financial burden of young adulthood, and I have no regrets. It's been a pleasure to help them build a life for themselves.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:21 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
100% yes.. Boomers got enjoy the biggest expansion of the middle class, got enjoy all the perks of being a middle class citizen and enjoy the best quality of life in the history of humanity. You could make it all on one income and you went to college you were essentially set for life. You could walk into a business entry level and retire in 30/40 years as a dept head. They were the last ones that got company pensions (Hell, does anyone who works today even know what that is? LOL) Meanwhile they drained the entire system dry and left a plate full of P** for future generations because of their greed.

They deserve ALL the criticism and are basically the reason why this country has circled the toilet for the last 40 years. THEY were the ones in charge when this country was ran off a cliff. THEY were the ones in charge when all the jobs got outsourced and insourced and the american worker was thrown to the curb. THEY were the runs in charge that dragged this country into a debt ridden hell hole. THEY are the cause of all this.

Sure you have some good ones, but a good chunk of that group are just greedy scumbags that turned this country into quasi 3rd world hellhole
You think boomers were not American workers? They screamed at the thought of NAFTA. It was a boomer by the name of Clinton who pushed it through, but I don't think it was so much his generation as his politics.

Have you looked at the country's debt lately? Same reason.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I think it's personal for some of these posters. too. I know many Boomer and older Gen-X parents who have bent over backwards to give their kids a leg up.
Yes. I agree

Old 02-17-2022, 06:30 PM

And now that we're over 12 pages into the "whoa is me I'm a victim" posts, exactly what would you like someone born in this period to do for you?

Old 02-17-2022, 06:31 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Median family income in 1975 was $13,720 perfectly adjusted for inflation that'd've been $69,102 in 2021. However and alas MFI was $79,900 per 2021.

FYI, in 1975 U3 unemployment was over 8% for the year, GDP shrank (-0.2%), MFI was lower, a much greater proportion of workers earned minimum wage, and the prime rate was over 7%, mortgages rates were 9%+.

People who think the economy has been worse over the last several years than that era are out of touch. That is the real problem.
thanks, these are the kinds of calculations that are needed to make a reasonable comparison.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
And now that we're over 12 pages into the "whoa is me I'm a victim" posts, exactly what would you like someone born in this period to do for you?
Lol yeah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies