Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 03:49 AM

12,095 posts, read 5,983,610 times

Advertisements

Why haven't our Canadian friends joined this discussion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 03:59 AM

2,284 posts, read 644,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Creating doubt in the banking system has consequences.... Short-sighted Trudeau put the financial stability of Canada in doubt.

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/stat...63541665550344
The banks that willing froze their clients assets at the behest of Trudeau should be named and shamed and boycotted. My guess is they are mostly American banks. And American AG should look under every cushion for a way to sue them into oblivion. Seizing people’s assets, even for a time being, is the stuff of third world banana dictatorships. Trudeau should know about given Castro had an affair with his mother (among half of all influential Latinos ).

Old 02-23-2022, 04:00 AM

7,652 posts, read 3,750,279 times
the fascists and racists have always been on the left. black face Trudeau is a fine example.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:29 AM

5,035 posts, read 2,132,441 times
Well, the government of Canada is messing up big time. If the government continues this type of actions against their own people, the outcome will be person(s) with nothing to loose when they want to make a point…Basically, at that point a once reasonable man with think “You screwed up my life, so I’ll screw up yours in return.”

If the government takes everything you own and lists you as a non-person, be prepared for an extreme response and I’d bet that it will be at a level that will even shock your American cousins.

I hope I’m wrong and I hope that more sane government officials will stop this craziness soon.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:15 AM

20,158 posts, read 9,679,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Why haven't our Canadian friends joined this discussion?
At least one of them said s/he was leaving for the Canadian forum after expressing his/her disapproval of Americans weighing in on Canadian issues.

However, s/he is definitely a liberal who supports Trudeau and was against the protests, so maybe s/he was tired of being in the minority in the P&OC threads discussing the trucker protest and Trudeau's actions.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:19 AM

20,158 posts, read 9,679,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
the fascists and racists have always been on the left. black face Trudeau is a fine example.
Actually, that is wrong about racists. Are you forgetting the KKK? I doubt that many people would consider members of that group either leftists OR liberals.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:29 AM

18,262 posts, read 17,039,399 times
Do what they do here: assets forfeiture.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:42 AM

53,515 posts, read 35,235,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Creating doubt in the banking system has consequences.... Short-sighted Trudeau put the financial stability of Canada in doubt.

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/stat...63541665550344
The federal government says Emergencies Act orders to freeze bank accounts of people who organized, participated in, or donated to the convoy blockades have been halted, and the RCMP is working with financial institutions to unfreeze those accounts.
the fact that they did it at all, and then bragged about it, is still pretty chilling. and people will never forget they did it.

Outrage as Canadian single mom on minimum wage has bank account frozen for donating $50 to Freedom Convoy: Trudeau is blasted for draconian law that 'would never have been imposed on BLM'

Old 02-23-2022, 07:44 AM

53,515 posts, read 35,235,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
At least one of them said s/he was leaving for the Canadian forum after expressing his/her disapproval of Americans weighing in on Canadian issues.

However, s/he is definitely a liberal who supports Trudeau and was against the protests, so maybe s/he was tired of being in the minority in the P&OC threads discussing the trucker protest and Trudeau's actions.
if that's the same one i'm thinking of, she's repeatedly sworn to leave the P&OC thread, but then keeps coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
The banks that willing froze their clients assets at the behest of Trudeau should be named and shamed and boycotted. My guess is they are mostly American banks. And American AG should look under every cushion for a way to sue them into oblivion. Seizing people’s assets, even for a time being, is the stuff of third world banana dictatorships. Trudeau should know about given Castro had an affair with his mother (among half of all influential Latinos ).
absolutely.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:44 AM

45,925 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Spreading like gangrene

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies