Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 08:39 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,746,079 times

Advertisements

Take note Republicans, this is how you do it!

An 11 Point Plan to Rescue America
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...f-3ffd5f4a0000

Rick Scott you are now at the top of my most respected list

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...e-gop-majority
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 08:51 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Some of it makes sense, some of it is frightening.

What do 8 and 9 mean, exactly? That children would be taken away from non nuclear families? That open shaming of non nuclear families would occur, and children's books where grandma is raising littles would be taken from school libraries? Does #9 advocate reinstating criminal penalties for gay couples, perhaps with prison time?

No. Just no. We won't go backwards.

Old 02-22-2022, 08:57 AM

2,417 posts, read 1,540,058 times
End birthright citizenship for kids of illegals and other non citizens.

Old 02-22-2022, 08:57 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,746,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Some of it makes sense, some of it is frightening.

What do 8 and 9 mean, exactly? That children would be taken away from non nuclear families? That open shaming of non nuclear families would occur, and children's books where grandma is raising littles would be taken from school libraries? Does #9 advocate reinstating criminal penalties for gay couples, perhaps with prison time?

No. Just no. We won't go backwards.
#8 is a general positive view of the nuclear family, which is needed

#9 may be the absolute most important point of the whole thing - men are men and women are women

There are only 2 sexes, only 2 genders. Both have rights to their separate spaces. This has to be enshrined in law, no government should be compelled to lie on a birth certificate to say "unknown" or some made up nonsense, or to allow biological men to destroy female sports and ruin their athletic careers

We need to return to reality

Old 02-22-2022, 09:00 AM

4,516 posts, read 5,067,852 times
Seems so simple but a lot of things have to change. It's going to be a rough road to take back what the liberals have instilled in the youth of America and get the US back on track. I hope enough people listen to his message !

Old 02-22-2022, 09:00 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,097,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
by. Just no. We won't go backwards.
You have to remember, though. This is the far-right we're talking about. They *DO* want to go backwards.

Conservatives *WANT* to go back to the 50s, when America was much more white, Christian, and heterosexual.

Today, in 2022, the United States is more racially diverse, less Christian, and less heterosexual than it's ever been....and the far-right is losing its collective mind because of it.

That's why far-right extremists like the idiot Rick Scott use catchy phrases like "they're trying to take our country from us" to frighten and gaslight less-informed conservatives.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:01 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,317,016 times
This is a good plan but human nature as it is I wouldn't want the puritans to have unchecked power either. Nothing wrong with gay marriage or marijuana use or first trimester abortions as examples. We don't need more statists telling us what to do no matter what wing or ideology they come from. As long as people work and contribute, and in general behave well and obey laws, and we are heavy in checks and balances, it's all good.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:01 AM

18,486 posts, read 15,291,316 times
Most of that is great stuff. Some of it needs to be tweaked a little. It’s not the job of government to dictate morality, but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:02 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,160,319 times
I am surprised, I actually agree with most of that stuff even though it will be impossible to achieve without religion running this country which is totally wrong.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:02 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
#8 is a general positive view of the nuclear family, which is needed

#9 may be the absolute most important point of the whole thing - men are men and women are women

There are only 2 sexes, only 2 genders. Both have rights to their separate spaces. This has to be enshrined in law, no government should be compelled to lie on a birth certificate to say "unknown" or some made up nonsense, or to allow biological men to destroy female sports and ruin their athletic careers

We need to return to reality
Sometimes babies are born of indeterminate gender. That's where that term "indeterminate gender" comes from.

Surely, in your life experience, you've noticed male/female attributes are variable. There are women who, through no attempt on their own, look like men. And men who are undeniably effeminate. Gender isn't perfectly black and white.

Additionally, the movement is going away from men participating as women in sports. That will sort itself out shortly. No further need on that, virtually everyone is in agreement that's not fair to women and steps will be taken to ensure men don't continue to sign up to compete in the women's category.

This piece he wrote is about enforcing his ideas. How do you enforce a preference for a nuclear family, is what I'm asking. That's what he's advocating. Enforcing his personal belief system on the rest of us.

So. What would enforcement of #8 look like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies