Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 10:46 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,770,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Also, i want republicans to win just so this one below can backfire. Although, we all know Republicans would never implement this.
I think the country is at the point where if 50% of these ideas backfire and don't work out, that it's completely worth it with how far off the rails the left has taken us in the direction of the cliff

People are ready to accept that mistakes will be made in correcting the mess we find ourselves in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 10:47 AM

29,679 posts, read 14,782,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Some of it makes sense, some of it is frightening.

What do 8 and 9 mean, exactly? That children would be taken away from non nuclear families? That open shaming of non nuclear families would occur, and children's books where grandma is raising littles would be taken from school libraries? Does #9 advocate reinstating criminal penalties for gay couples, perhaps with prison time?

No. Just no. We won't go backwards.
Not sure where you picked any of that nonsense up.

#8 sounds to me like he wants to promote having involved parents in raising children. Let's face it, a 25 year old mom with 4 or 5 kids by 4 or 5 different dads that aren't in the picture, being raised by grandma isn't working out so well.

#9 sounds to me like he wants to follow the science. A person born a male is not , nor will not ever be a female. They can live like a female, call themselves a female, but they aren't one. Same goes for a person born a female.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:51 AM

6,623 posts, read 5,029,260 times
Put aside the feasibility of most of those things, the fact that we do have a 14th amendment, this is Rick Scott we are talking about right? This is the guy that breaks out in Spanish at a moments notice and will pander to anything, also who was CEO during the biggest Medicare defraud ever. This guy in the white house would be closer to Bush 2 than trump probably not rethoric wise but policy wise for sure. I guess what I am saying is as demented as I personally think most that diatribe is, he has 0 intention of carrying any of that out.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:56 AM

By the hysterical and unhinged response on Twitter, it's safe to say that Rick Scott is "Over Target"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I guess what I am saying is as demented as I personally think most that diatribe is, he has 0 intention of carrying any of that out.
This is absolutely the "M-O" of typical feckless do-nothing Republicans of years past. Those Liz Cheneys and Mitt Romneys are all getting ejected from the political landscape. The establishment RINOs / uniparty neocons / whatever you want to call them are now almost unelectable and will mostly be primaried out in 2022 and 2024

Republicans who are elected to office are now expected to follow through and act

Old 02-22-2022, 11:08 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,435,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
By the hysterical and unhinged response on Twitter, it's safe to say that Rick Scott is "Over Target"......
Nope. This is nothing more than him preaching to the far-right choir. Those folks were never going to vote for anyone else, regardless. Political masturbation, nothing more productive than that.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:08 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,202,982 times
Numbers 1-3 are on point but eventually he starts to mix church and state. This is what makes the Republican Party a threat to our freedom, particularly our religious freedom. As a non-mainstream Christian, it is extremely problematic. I cannot support that in any way, shape or form.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Numbers 1-3 are on point but eventually he starts to mix church and state. This is what makes the Republican Party a threat to our freedom, particularly our religious freedom. As a non-mainstream Christian, it is extremely problematic. I cannot support that in any way, shape or form.
This is your fundamental misunderstanding of Western Democracy. It is in fact base on Jude-Christian values and this does not mean it is a religious system, it means the core principles are based on judeo-Chrisitan values. Notions like "it is better to let the crime of a guilty person go unpunished than to condemn the innocent" are firmly based in that tradition.

What we have been seeing is foundational judeo-christian values being slowly eroded and replaced with "values" from the woke religion, which is absolutely a religion and one based in Marxism which is a proven catastrophe

Old 02-22-2022, 11:18 AM

29,621 posts, read 16,624,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I think the country is at the point where if 50% of these ideas backfire and don't work out, that it's completely worth it with how far off the rails the left has taken us in the direction of the cliff

People are ready to accept that mistakes will be made in correcting the mess we find ourselves in
The left doesnt control this country. If you are mad right now, its likely because of something your party did.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:22 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,987,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What specifically are you against?

What do you find harmful to society?

Old 02-22-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The left doesnt control this country. If you are mad right now, its likely because of something your party did.
None of them are my party, and the GOP is responsible for fecklessly letting the Democrats doing what they did over decades

This started to stop with Trump by the time he left office, and now the roadmap is set. Forge ahead and ignore the
insults & attacks, stop trying to be loved by leftist media rags, and just get off your asses and do something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies