Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 12:12 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,988,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here is #9. Thankfully, he did stop short of saying God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, which usually follows this kind of rhetoric.

Men are men, women are women, and
unborn babies are babies. We believe in
science: Men and women are biologically different,
“male and female He created them.” Modern technology has
confirmed that abortion takes a human life. Facts are facts,
the earth is round, the sun is hot, there are two genders,
and abortion stops a beating heart. To say otherwise is to deny science.
Show specifically where anything is factually incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 12:12 PM

16,589 posts, read 10,717,637 times
Quote:
So, if a child is born to a single mother, she won't be able to get food for the child?

But if the child has two parents living in the home, and they fall on hard times, there will be food and other support available?

We don't know what #9 means. Your guess is as good as mine. I do know, there is a fervor broiling below the surface to outlaw gay marriage. And that's what that looks like to me.
Where in the Sam Hill did you get "a single mother . . . won't be able to get food for the child" out of anything written in the document that is the subject of this thread?

Old 02-22-2022, 12:13 PM

29,697 posts, read 14,791,616 times
Quote:
Here is #9. Thankfully, he did stop short of saying God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, which usually follows this kind of rhetoric.

Other than the overtly religious overtones, how did you get anti gay marriage from any of that ? He's obviously not pro choice, that I get.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:14 PM

16,589 posts, read 10,717,637 times
Quote:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of this. Even if you don't believe in God, what else that's written here do you dispute?

Old 02-22-2022, 12:14 PM

35,800 posts, read 18,131,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Where in the Sam Hill did you get "a single mother . . . won't be able to get food for the child" out of anything written in the document that is the subject of this thread?
You have to follow the conversation. I bothered to quote the poster I was responding to, if you cared to read the post. This:

you dont take kids from families but you DONT SUBSIDISE people for not having 2 parent households.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:15 PM

29,697 posts, read 14,791,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Show specifically where anything is factually incorrect.
Can't wait to hear this one.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:15 PM

18,430 posts, read 19,080,831 times
Quote:

Yeah, no hatred or dismissal for people who identify or think differently.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:16 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,351,842 times
Quote:
All Americans should pay some
income tax to have skin in the
game, even if a small amount.
Currently over half of Americans
pay no income tax.
This is an example of the stigma the GOP has when it comes to hating poor people. Which is why I ask myself why should I as a black working class dude who's not making 6 figures, vote for these people? They want to tax me. No better than the Demwits.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:16 PM

35,800 posts, read 18,131,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of this. Even if you don't believe in God, what else that's written here do you dispute?
I know what follows this statement "Men and women are biologically different,
“male and female He created them.”

Because in fact, I am a devout Christian. And I know what people are advocating for, when they make that statement.

Abolishing gay relationships.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:18 PM

11,240 posts, read 8,340,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Take note Republicans, this is how you do it!

An 11 Point Plan to Rescue America
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...f-3ffd5f4a0000

Rick Scott you are now at the top of my most respected list

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...e-gop-majority
I clicked on it, hoping to see some greatness. There were a few good ideas in there, and a lot of bad ones.

Example:
Quote:
No child will be taught they are inherently racist because of the color of their skin, or that some Americans are oppressors and others are oppressed.
Why should we be afraid to teach our kids the harsh reality that there are some oppressors out there. Failing to alert them of the real world only results in more targets to oppress.

Quote:
Parents, not government, will choose the best schools for their kids.
As it currently is. If a parent wants to send their kid to a private school, they can. I just don't want my tax dollars going to vouchers.

Quote:
... not indoctrinate children with critical race theory or any other political ideology.
But then it contradicts with

Quote:
No public school will be allowed to discriminate against voluntary prayer or force children to check their faith at the door.
^Again, there is no rule anywhere that prohibits voluntary prayer of an individual. But he correctly states that the schools should not indoctrinate, so they should not organize prayer either. Let kids practice their faith, any faith, privately and as they see fit. School is for learning, not indoctrination. (He got that one right)

That was just the first point, I could go on and on, but the main point is this:

He said a bunch of things, with no plans on how to implement them. Just a bunch of partisan talking points. I was hoping that he'd have some solutions, there are none.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE that many of these things need to happen, but not in the biased way he's proposing, and there needs some leadership on how to do it.

Also, you can't say that you won't allow revisionist history, and in the same breath, say you'll outlaw points of view about our history that don't align with your donors and base. (CRT).

He's full of it. It's a very divisive document, even refers to "the radical left". That is not bringing anyone together. How about he acknowledges mulitiple points of view, and provides some leadership on how to incorporate diverse ideas. NOPE!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies