Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2022, 07:17 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
What happens when counseling doesn't work? And, counseling IS treatment.
Quote:
Name a case where a minor had surgery. Texas is calling puberty blockers child abuse, when doctors say they are safe to use for a year or two.

Abbott et al just can't deal with issues outside their own personal experience. They forget that humans are on a spectrum, and not exactly alike.
Puberty blockers ARE child abuse.

If counseling doesn't help, and the mental illness persists or worsens, they can consent to hormones or surgery once they reach an age of consent.

This law does nothing but protect children from groomers and social contagion before the age of consent.

Only the groomers should have a problem with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 07:47 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This is simply not true. Puberty blockers are harmful and cause irreversible damage. It even hinders the gender reassignment surgery because the boys’ penises are frozen at the size of an adolescent, making the construction of a vagina more difficult when they do get their surgery.

Here is a very illuminating article if you wish to know more.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/top...he-whistle?s=r
I haven't read any medical data supporting your contention that puberty blockers are irreversible and freeze penile size.

Abbott and his minions are always prattling on about parents rights, parents know best, etc. As usual, though, they don't actually believe that. Beto O'Rourke was right the other day when he called Abbott an authoritarian thug. Since Abbott refuses to stand up and fight like a man, he depends on his thug in waiting, Paxton, to do his dirty work. They are both awful human beings.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Puberty blockers ARE child abuse.

If counseling doesn't help, and the mental illness persists or worsens, they can consent to hormones or surgery once they reach an age of consent.

This law does nothing but protect children from groomers and social contagion before the age of consent.

Only the groomers should have a problem with it.
Are puberty blockers child abuse when used to block early onset puberty?

Why are parents rights so important when it comes to school curricula, but not medical treatments? Do Abbott, Paxton, and you know more about the trials and tribulations of gender dysphoria than the parents of the child? What makes you an expert on medical procedures?

Old 03-14-2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Are puberty blockers child abuse when used to block early onset puberty?

Why are parents rights so important when it comes to school curricula, but not medical treatments? Do Abbott, Paxton, and you know more about the trials and tribulations of gender dysphoria than the parents of the child? What makes you an expert on medical procedures?
When it comes to child abuse, the parents'desire to abuse their children isn't typically viewed as important by anyone.

Blocking puberty at certain times causes irreversible harm.

If the kid still thinks they are a tranny at 18, then they can act on it at that point. There's no need to allow the sexual grooming of children.... even by their parents.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
When it comes to child abuse, the parents'desire to abuse their children isn't typically viewed as important by anyone.

Blocking puberty at certain times causes irreversible harm.

If the kid still thinks they are a tranny at 18, then they can act on it at that point. There's no need to allow the sexual grooming of children.... even by their parents.
what?

Old 03-14-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
what?
You disagree with that?

When parents abuse their children, most people don't care that the parents really wanted to abuse their children..... society simply says no.

You want to rape your children, sorry, your desire to do so is irrelevant, you're not allowed.

You want to horribly beat them? Same thing, no one cares how much you really want to do it.

Sexually grooming your children is no different. It doesn't matter how much you really want to create a designer tranny.

Old 03-14-2022, 10:03 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,603,829 times
Quote:
It’s good law. You just set out how you feel lucky that you grew up in a time when drugs were not the answer to your problems and you learned how to deal with the world as it should be. Then in the next sentence you claim the law is bad because it supports the idea that drugs are not the answer to minor children’s gender dysphoria and parents who allow it and gender reassignment surgeries are actually causing irreversible harm to these kids without their consent. They have no way of knowing their mind at that age, and they should not be saddled with sterilization when they can have time to go to therapy and examine what they really want and make that decision as adults.

The side effect of this supposed judicial overreach is that now doctors in Texas are re-thinking this treatment because they’re going to have higher malpractice insurance. I’m perfectly fine with that outcome. The doctors should be sued into oblivion for this in my opinion.
That's not the reason I gave for opposing the law. I opposed the law because it criminalizes personal choice, and is advocated by a highly vocal constituency who, for the most part, have no idea about the issues. The medical procedure may be the beat approaches, but the voices of the advocates are not being heard. Moi, persinally, am glad that nobody messed with me.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:46 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
I haven't read any medical data supporting your contention that puberty blockers are irreversible and freeze penile size.

Abbott and his minions are always prattling on about parents rights, parents know best, etc. As usual, though, they don't actually believe that. Beto O'Rourke was right the other day when he called Abbott an authoritarian thug. Since Abbott refuses to stand up and fight like a man, he depends on his thug in waiting, Paxton, to do his dirty work. They are both awful human beings.
How can you say you’ve never heard of puberty blockers freezing children’s bodies at adolescence? That’s the whole point of the drugs. If you keep taking them from a young age, just what the heck do you think it does to a body? Add in the cross sex hormones a while later and you’re asking for disaster.

Be deliberately ignorant. That’s your choice. I particularly love how you say Gregg Abbott refuses to stand up and fight like a man. Isn’t that being an able-ist? The man’s confined to a wheelchair as I’m sure you know. I assume you mean it figuratively but I got a kick out of it considering I’m pretty sure how you’d react to someone saying that about a progressive in a wheelchair.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:52 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
That's not the reason I gave for opposing the law. I opposed the law because it criminalizes personal choice, and is advocated by a highly vocal constituency who, for the most part, have no idea about the issues. The medical procedure may be the beat approaches, but the voices of the advocates are not being heard. Moi, persinally, am glad that nobody messed with me.
It’s funny you should say this because one of the biggest cohorts of children getting drawn into this gender ideology are autistic children who tend to fixate. You probably should be glad nobody messed with you because “messed with” is exactly what is happening. These little kids aren’t coming up with this on their own. And big pharmaceutical companies seem perfectly fine with parents buying these drugs for their children when we don’t know the longterm effects.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
How can you say you’ve never heard of puberty blockers freezing children’s bodies at adolescence? That’s the whole point of the drugs. If you keep taking them from a young age, just what the heck do you think it does to a body? Add in the cross sex hormones a while later and you’re asking for disaster.

Be deliberately ignorant. That’s your choice. I particularly love how you say Gregg Abbott refuses to stand up and fight like a man. Isn’t that being an able-ist? The man’s confined to a wheelchair as I’m sure you know. I assume you mean it figuratively but I got a kick out of it considering I’m pretty sure how you’d react to someone saying that about a progressive in a wheelchair.
Abbott collected millions for his injury then worked hard to ensure others in his situation would not be able to do the same. He's a disgusting human being, authoritarian, and a disgrace to the state.

You conflate misuse of puberty blockers in certain situations with all uses being bad. That's not true. You seem to want to end use of puberty blockers for all due to issues with a few. Sort of like banning firearms because a couple of idiots do something bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies