Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 07:17 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Republicans in Texas want the parents of every transgender child that's had gender reassignment surgery or taken estrogen/testosterone pills investigated and prosecuted.

Conservatives really do want a Handmaid's Tale America.

Link to official document: https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/sit...al/KP-0401.pdf

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-g...s-child-abuse/

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...buse-rcna17455
You really need to change your screen name!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 07:18 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Thanks for giving me another reason to support the Republican Party.

I feel the same.
Nice to see some rational people go against the leftist lunacy and their abuse of children.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:40 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The Texas Attorney General disagrees with you.

Do you understand what's going on here? I don't think you do. If you did, you couldn't have written that sentence, because that determination is specifically what this thread is about.

Read the first link in the OP. You know, THE THING WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE.
There isn't a law in Texas that forbids giving sex hormones to children to alter their gender appearance. Or performing genital altering surgeries.

That needs to be done.

THEN, if you want to go after parents for breaking that law, then do so.

Paxton can disagree all he wants about whether this is legal in Texas, and everyone knows it ain't so.

psssst . . . this is a political move leading up to the primary election. No one intends to act on this.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04...-restrictions/

Old 02-24-2022, 07:46 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There isn't a law in Texas that forbids giving sex hormones to children to alter their gender appearance. Or performing genital altering surgeries.

That needs to be done.

THEN, if you want to go after parents for breaking that law, then do so.

Paxton can disagree all he wants about whether this is legal in Texas, and everyone knows it ain't so.

psssst . . . this is a political move leading up to the primary election. No one intends to act on this.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04...-restrictions/
Do you think genital mutilation and sterilization of children is a good practice?

Why would anyone think there needs to be a LAW stating that it's bad? It's pretty clear that it is.

Do you not know right from wrong? Why do you need the government to tell you that?

Old 02-24-2022, 07:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you think genital mutilation and sterilization of children is a good practice?

Why would anyone think there needs to be a LAW stating that it's bad? It's pretty clear that it is.

Do you not know right from wrong? Why do you need the government to tell you that?
I think I've been abundantly clear on this, all along.

No, I don't think sex altering hormones or surgery is appropriate for children.

However, before you go charging people with crimes, you need to make their behavior illegal.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:01 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
That's not what Abbott said. According to his letter circulated yesterday, the Attorney General's Office of Texas issued a
statement that any minor's "sex change" procedure constitutes child abuse under existing Texas Law code 261.

This includes reporting requirements - if you know of such child abuse and do not report it, you may be charged with a crime

Old 02-24-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
I think I've been abundantly clear on this, all along.

No, I don't think sex altering hormones or surgery is appropriate for children.

However, before you go charging people with crimes, you need to make their behavior illegal.
If you actually read the document you would see that sterilizing and mutiliating children falls under child abuse. Which is a crime.

Or are you for child abuse? Think that's OK?

You are defending it. Whether you admit that or not.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:03 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Giving hormone blockers and cross-sex hormones and/or gender reassignment surgery to minor children is nothing short of child abuse. They can do that later in life. I know this law won’t stand in today’s woke world, but it should and I believe it 100%.
Indeed. NOBODY should even consider any of these radical actions until age 30, minimum. Gender reassignment, God help the society that allows or promotes that, it is so Island of Doctor Moreau. Are we living in Biblical Times?

Otherwise, let's allow children to make grown-up decisions, to drive, to vote, to buy firearms, to join the military, to marry, to fly airliners, and do all the other adult things that are reserved for ADULTS.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Indeed. NOBODY should even consider any of these radical actions until age 30, minimum. Gender reassignment, God help the society that allows or promotes that, it is so Island of Doctor Moreau. Are we living in Biblical Times?

Otherwise, let's allow children to make grown-up decisions, to drive, to vote, to buy firearms, to join the military, to marry, to fly airliners, and do all the other adult things that are reserved for ADULTS.
You'll notice that every push for children to 'behave like adults' revolves around sex.

Every single push. Nothing else. Just sex.

And the foundation of it is the LGBTQ movement, along with PP for abortion.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:12 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
This is long over due and should be done in all States. Children are easily coaxed into believing and saying what parents want them to say and believe themselves. Some parents are so desperate for attention they will go that far with their own children.

Leave them alone and let them decide for themselves when they are of legal age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies