Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 03:53 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times

Advertisements

Putin has no regard for international laws. He invaded Ukraine just like that. If he invades Alaska, would Biden fight back or surrender? If the USA fight backs, can we actually beat them? Now, I know some of you are saying nonsense, not gonna happen in a million years. A lot of people said the same thing about Ukraine. Putin was bluffing, he just wanted some attention. But he invaded.

Whether it's the CCP or Putin, it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 03:56 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
How many Russians do you think there actually are? However aren't you glad that Alaskans are pretty well armed?

Old 02-24-2022, 03:59 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
You got a better chance that sleepy joe will sell it back to them for less than we paid for it!

Old 02-24-2022, 04:00 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Don't know. Maybe the citizens up there would declare themselves free from the shackles of the Biden Regime? I wonder if their heating and fuel prices would go down in a Putin economy? I'm sure Putin would open the petroleum industry back up in the north. And mining. And any other practical, revenue-producing industry. I'd doubt Putin is into the "new green deal" or "great reset." He doesn't want his own authoritarianism to be replaced with another, even more sinister, authoritarianism. He enjoys his own power too much.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:04 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
How many Russians do you think there actually are? However aren't you glad that Alaskans are pretty well armed?
1 million active personnel, with 2 million in reserves.

That's all branches.

Russia still uses the draft.

4 million Russians fought in WWII., So their army now is 3/4 as large as it was then.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:07 PM

1,351 posts, read 474,712 times
Do they have the naval capacity to maintain lines of support and reinforcement in the Bering Strait while contesting US and probably NATO assets deployed to the area?

Frankly this has about as much chance of working out as WW2's Sealion. Why would Russia do that to begin with? They stand to gain nothing but a high intensity conflict with a superpower and his capable allies in Western Europe.

It's funny because you don't hear as much about the occupations going on in other parts of the world. China has had border disputes with India that has resulted in skirmishes for over half a century. They occupy various lands throughout the Himalayan mountain chain claimed by India. You can dispute the veracity of such claims but the similarities yet lack of international concern is peculiar to say the least.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:08 PM

7,375 posts, read 3,536,587 times
Russia and China don’t need to invade the United States because they have already infiltrated American politicians

Old 02-24-2022, 04:10 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,226,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Putin has no regard for international laws. He invaded Ukraine just like that. If he invades Alaska, would Biden fight back or surrender? If the USA fight backs, can we actually beat them? Now, I know some of you are saying nonsense, not gonna happen in a million years. A lot of people said the same thing about Ukraine. Putin was buffing, he just wanted some attention. But he invaded.

Whether it's the CCP or Putin, it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
Military Spending per year (2020 data):

(1) United States - $778 Billion
(2) China - $252 Billion
(3) India - $72.9 Billion
(4) Russia - $61.7 Billion
(5) United Kingdom $59.2 Billion
(6) Saudi Arabia $57.5 Billion
(7) Germany $52.8 Billion
(8) France $52.7 Billion

Russia is an overwhelming force to Ukraine, who at $4.2 billion a year spends only 6.8% of what Russia spends on their military

But, by the same measure, the United States would be a similarly overwhelming force to Russia, who only spends 7.9% of what we do on our military. And that doesn't even take into account NATO.

The UK, Germany and France all spend almost what Russia does. And if we are at war with Russia, so are they as part of NATO. We spend more on our military in a month than Russia does in a year. If it weren't for Russia's nuclear weapons, it would be over quickly.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:12 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,553,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Don't know. Maybe the citizens up there would declare themselves free from the shackles of the Biden Regime? I wonder if their heating and fuel prices would go down in a Putin economy? I'm sure Putin would open the petroleum industry back up in the north. And mining. And any other practical, revenue-producing industry. I'd doubt Putin is into the "new green deal" or "great reset." He doesn't want his own authoritarianism to be replaced with another, even more sinister, authoritarianism. He enjoys his own power too much.
I know seriously. I think we are falling back into the hysteria of covid.

I would fear a Russia of the USSR invading us because those communists were CRAZY and mostly just bullying criminals elevated to positions of power without a thought in their head and no way to have any push back internally.

But modern day Russia and even Putin are a far different thing.

This isn't Hitler trying to take over the world so he could kill jews.

The US goes and invades all over the place on made up allegations.

Even if Russia showed up on my door tomorrow I think by and large I would be like, hey come on in.

I am far more concerned about a nuke.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:20 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Biden would surrender Alaska in minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies