Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 12:29 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
+1 for not making this about party. I can't disagree with anyone who says both parties' politicians are corrupt.
Allow me to bust your opinion of me...This is why TRUMP was so hated and dangerous to BOTH parties and why they feared him...he helped exposed the entire swamp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 03:20 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Allow me to bust your opinion of me...This is why TRUMP was so hated and dangerous to BOTH parties and why they feared him...he helped exposed the entire swamp.
Aww, that's so cute. We can both enjoy that Trump has helped the progressive Democratic cause more than anyone in recent history. He sided with white supremacists, and America responded by removing the most traitor-loving Confederate symbolism in our history. He truly caused more statues and flags to be cancelled than anyone until him. A+ for that.

Then his general buffoonery and lying pretty much made certain he was a 1-termer, to be replaced by a Democrat. A+ again from the Democrats for being such a dumbass and giving them the presidency.

Then, in what all Republicans thought would be a final "*********" to America with Trump's election fraud claims, he ended up inciting the 11/6 mob. Which pretty much sealed the senate runoff's in Jan 2021 to go Democrat and handed the senate over to them.

Now he still screws over the republicans! His SCOTUS picks overturning Roe v Wade and threatening gay marriage and LGBTQ issues has ensured another win for the Democrats in keeping the senate and defeating all the close races with the GOP. A++

Old 07-08-2022, 05:07 AM

30,438 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
The threat goes both ways.

Besides, NATO countries would be at war with Russia too if the U.S. was invaded.
That is how the end comes anyways not far off from a world wide nuke war.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:08 AM

30,438 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
They are the ones who should be worried, remember it is us that have actually nuked other countries in the prior world war.

No one here is afraid of their nuclear threats now. They know their much smaller population would be wiped out so much faster. They like to talk like they are on equal footing, but that hasn’t been the case for at least 35 years. They are really just slightly more of an annoyance than North Korea at this point, and probably less than Iran.

Now China would be a different story, but how could they nuke the people who support their economy by buying all their stuff?

Also I think we are seeing the obvious result of China starting to buy Russia’s oil for cheap. It leaves a lot of other supply that they used to buy on the market providing more of it for the West to buy, hence oil prices are coming down, and gas prices will follow.
Pooten is the only one crazy enough to send us some nukes duke, Kim can't do it nor Iran dan. Some gnat will fart around the world and make gas prices go way up my man. One Cat 5 cane in the gulf can make prices go to 7+ a gal pal.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:47 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Trump was and is the swamp. Nobody else can compare.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Trump was and is the swamp. Nobody else can compare.
But not Biden, pelosi, Schumer and all the others that have been there for half a century...it was all Trump after only four years...um...okay, whatever!

Old 07-08-2022, 11:42 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,788,390 times
The Russians are making more threats about taking back Alaska. I was the under the impression that, since the American population is so well armed, the people would be able to defeat any invading force. I think I am wrong about that. Gun ownership is not the same as being professional soldiers. We definitely need professional soldiers to protect this country.

Old 07-09-2022, 12:14 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The Russians are making more threats about taking back Alaska. I was the under the impression that, since the American population is so well armed, the people would be able to defeat any invading force. I think I am wrong about that. Gun ownership is not the same as being professional soldiers. We definitely need professional soldiers to protect this country.
LOL. OK let me help. We have enough guns for everyone. Yes, even the babies, and the 90 year olds with a walker. And then we have some spare guns just in case. We have about 20 million weapons that most would qualify as military frontline weapons. Id guess about a million of those are in Alaska alone. And quantity has a quality all its own.

But wait theres more. We run about 100's of thousands of people through military training, with 1.3 million active duty personnel, and 800K in reserve that are keeping their training up. So a TON of those people actually have gone through the military even if not currently serving. Taking Alaska is simply only doable if you flattened it with nukes. The people would make it a national sport to see who could kill the most of any invaders.

Old 07-09-2022, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. OK let me help. We have enough guns for everyone. Yes, even the babies, and the 90 year olds with a walker. And then we have some spare guns just in case. We have about 20 million weapons that most would qualify as military frontline weapons. Id guess about a million of those are in Alaska alone. And quantity has a quality all its own.

But wait theres more. We run about 100's of thousands of people through military training, with 1.3 million active duty personnel, and 800K in reserve that are keeping their training up. So a TON of those people actually have gone through the military even if not currently serving. Taking Alaska is simply only doable if you flattened it with nukes. The people would make it a national sport to see who could kill the most of any invaders.
Many of us already have training...

Old 07-09-2022, 06:38 AM

1,812 posts, read 901,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The military is teaching our soldiers how to be woke pansies. I’ll take armed civilians over professional soldiers any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies